What movies make you cry?

Options

Replies

• heliumheels
    heliumheels Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    -Blue Valentine. The end of that movie made me cry like a baby. Great film though.
    -The Cove, for obvious reasons. Poor dolphins :(
  • youallonsy
    youallonsy Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Transformers The Movie (and im talking the original) when Optimus Prime dies - God I hate you Hot Rod :grumble:

Final Fantasy The Spirits Within - i was trying to be a big man in the cinema when we went to see it only to look across at my three mates who were also crying like little girls with a skinned knee

Forrest Gump - every time, every damn time

The Lion King - what is it with me and cartoons?

K9 - when i thought the dog died :sad:

I Am Legend - see previous answer

Wall.E - spot the theme

The Time Travellers Wife - hate to admit it did strike a chord with me even though in the cinema I was all 'pft and?' due to an earlier argument with my wife

UP - These are kids movies damn it they aren't supposed to make you want to ask someone to kick a chair from under you!

Saving Private Ryan - at this point purely for man points

Armageddon - Lump in my throat

I Am Sam - My wife said 'you'll like this' remind me to make her watch the exorcist

Moulin Rouge - cause

You know what im just going to cash in my man chips and get my coat :bigsmile:

Dude, what about Star Trek II the Wrath of Khan.
  • Brizoeller
    Brizoeller Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Marley and Me... Actually watched it with an ex once, bawled the entire time. When it was over I proceeded to get on the floor and hug my dogs and tell them they were never allowed to die. I then got told we were never watching that movie again together. It has stayed that way to this day lol..

Beaches
    The Notebook
    Hotel Rwanda

Honestly, I'm a big sap, most movies make me cry :)
  • wheresheidi
    Options
    Steel Magnolias, the Notebook & the Disney classic Old Yeller. :sad:
  • DancingNanies
    DancingNanies Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Oh, and how can I forget?
    - Hachi. A dog's tale. (saddest. movie. EVER!)
  • harleydall76
    harleydall76 Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    There was a movie from around 1980 called Without a Trace. Based on a true story about the NYC boy who was kidnapped. In the movie version, he was found alive and okay.

Never fails no matter how many times I watch the movie, but when they locate him and bring him back home, I bawl my eyes out.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    The better question would be to ask what movies "don't" make me cry - seriously, I'm such a sap, even commercials make me tear up! Mostly recently I got chocked up watching The Hunger Games. Won't spoil it by saying what did it for me but you can probably guess if you've read the book or seen the movie.
  • Jtorres326
    Jtorres326 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    The notebook. And the trailer, TRAILER for the movie Hachi ( I didn't bother to watch the movie if a 2 minute summary could make me bawl my eyes out)

All Dogs Go to Heaven which I watched when I was like 7 or 8 at a school assembly (seriously whoever thought that movie was appropriate for young children is insane)
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    The Help :cry: :sad:
    True Grit (when the horse passes)
    My Girl...it was so heartbreaking to see the little girl at the funeral
    What's Eating Gilbert Grape?
    Patch Adams
    Pursuit of Happyness

...and Jurassic Park, because I hate dinosaurs!!!:frown:
  • geonbaeLeilee
    geonbaeLeilee Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    "A Moment to Remember" gets me EVERY TIME! Seriously, I go through a whole box of Kleenex, especially at the end... *deep breath* It's a Korean movie, and it's BEAUTIFULLY done. The other half, who typically doesn't cry over anything, was bawling alongside me. This movie had me really thinking hard about life and making every moment count.

The end of "Green Mile" gets to me, too.

Other movies include "Bridge to Terabithia," "Up," "Marley and Me" (saw it in theaters on my birthday), "Beaches," "Toy Story 3," "Rent," "Boy in the Striped Pyjamas," and "Grave of the Fireflies."

Edited to say "Moulin Rouge," too. Oh gosh...
  • geonbaeLeilee
    Options
    The Passion of the Christ

Am I the only one who BAWLED THEIR EYES OUT?

I was so upset that I went to a bar afterwards and got drunk and I very seldom drink.

You're definitely not the only one!
  • geonbaeLeilee
    Options
    "Grave of the Fireflies" and "La vita e bella" probably had me crying the most. I cry pretty easy though.

OMG!! Grave of the Fireflies!!! :sad:

GotF even thinking about it turns me into a blubbering mess!
  • firesoforion
    firesoforion Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    Lord of the Rings: Return of the King. That's THE movie that makes me cry. In fact it's the only one that really, really did it. I can cry at the end of You've Got Mail if I'm in the right mood, but those two are pretty much it.
  • geonbaeLeilee
    Options
    Marley and Me
    Homeward Bound

**Edit** My Sisters Keeper

"Homeward Bound" at the end with Shadow gets me EVERY TIME!
  • stillthesamegirl
    stillthesamegirl Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Pretty much every movie I find something to cry at even if it a happy moment lmao... Im a wreck.
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    Terms of Endearment
    The Blind Side (happy tears)
  • geonbaeLeilee
    Options
    Titanic make me cry with tears of boredom

Yes! Someone else that thinks Titanic is rubbish!

Rubbish is too kind a word for it

^^This
  • giggles7706
    giggles7706 Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    Thirteen
    The Notebook
    A Walk to Remember
    Titanic
    Steel Magnolias
    Fried Green Tomatos
    Forest Gump
    Benjamin Button
  • AmyFett
    AmyFett Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    the vow made me bawl like a baby, and a walk to remember
  • Family_Man
    Options
    Field of dreams... After losing my dad to cancer, I would love the chance to play catch with him again...:cry:
    Big Fish as well....I think pretty much once my father died I just have a built in switch...:sad: