Today's Teen vs. Teen 20 years ago

Options

Replies

• rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    No one has guessed the correct answer yet, but some really good answers.

How is there a "correct" answer to this question?
  • Ruthe8
    Ruthe8 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Waiting for hours for your favourite song to come on the radio just so you can frantically hit *RECORD* on your ca-ssette tape.
    ...and then cursing when the DJ talks over the end of the song.
  • rml_16
    Options
    Cell phones are the biggest thing I can think of.

I remember about 18 years ago, when I was 18, I got a flat tire on my way home at like 1am. I had no cell phone, so I had walk 4 blocks to the gas station and use the pay phone to call my dad to come and change my tire.

They taught us to change our own tires in driver's ed, so I would have just done that.

Although, since then, every time I've needed a tire changed or a battery jumped, there has been a random man suddenly available to help! lol
  • Busymomshantell
    Busymomshantell Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Pay phones?

Those are hard to find nowadays. My grandparents always told me to keep a quarter in my pocket to call home if I needed to.

I'm old enough to remember when it was a dime!

Me too! in fact, when I was in first grade the school gave everyone a card that held a dime and your home phone number!

Oh yeah! I do remember that!

And, B, yes, some of us did have vinyl in the 1990s.

I think the call itself might have been a dime (I remember people saying, "here's a dime, call someone that cares", but if I had a quarter, it would account for overtime or if I was in a different town I guess?
  • harleydall76
    harleydall76 Posts: 586 Member
    Options

Yeah, I'm confused by this. It seems to me the question is looking for anything, not just ONE specific answer.
  • heygurlheyyyy
    heygurlheyyyy Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Respect for elders?

All of my other answers have been said already. :laugh:
  • harleydall76
    Options

I remember about 18 years ago, when I was 18, I got a flat tire on my way home at like 1am. I had no cell phone, so I had walk 4 blocks to the gas station and use the pay phone to call my dad to come and change my tire.

They taught us to change our own tires in driver's ed, so I would have just done that.

Although, since then, every time I've needed a tire changed or a battery jumped, there has been a random man suddenly available to help! lol

Our driver ed class never did, and even growing up with all biys none ever taught me :(
  • TravisBurns
    TravisBurns Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Just look at MTV. You have your clear answer there lol.
  • harleydall76
    Options
    Respect for elders?

All of my other answers have been said already. :laugh:

That's the only other thing I can come up with too.
  • rml_16
    Options

Our driver ed class never did, and even growing up with all biys none ever taught me :(

Shame on them!
  • GemmieNoWobbles
    GemmieNoWobbles Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    aLjVe.gif

hahahahahahahah...:laugh:
  • harleydall76
    Options

Shame on them!

Got that right! Buncha jerks I grew up with, LOL.
  • sheepysaccount
    sheepysaccount Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    It was a trivia question on a radio show. Hence the remark for a "correct" answer or what the radio hosts said it was...
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    Learning the Pascal computer language
  • harleydall76
    Options
    I'm trying to think of answer that's historic, I wonder if that is it?

I'm tired and can't think of anything historic that took place 20 years ago. I mean 9/11 was only 11 years ago, the Challenger was in the 80's...............................
  • DoomCakes
    DoomCakes Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    The joy of slamming the phone down when you want to convey how much you detest the person who just called you...
  • Burtowski
    Burtowski Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Family dinners at the dinner table.

There are actually people who still do this believe it or not.

We sit at the dinner table together every night.
  • rml_16
    Options
    It was a trivia question on a radio show. Hence the remark for a "correct" answer or what the radio hosts said it was...

I get that, but there is far more than one thing that is a "correct" answer to this.

They never experienced George Bush Sr. as president. That is probably not the answer, but it's correct.
  • Busymomshantell
    Busymomshantell Posts: 126 Member
    Options

Well, the correct answer from the radio station this morning...lol - I think a lot of these answers are "correct" though - just not the one the station gave.
  • wwk10
    wwk10 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Mullets