I work with a "birther" hahah

Options
oregonzoo
oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
What are some funny things about your co-workers?

I just got an email about Obama being born in Kenya.

Replies

• Turtlehurdle
    Options
    My boss looks like ned flanders. Seriously he does. Glasses and hair.
  • Treesy72
    Treesy72 Posts: 230
    Options
    I used to work with a woman who looked just like Harry Potter.....
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    Beat that person until they can't move. Ugh.

I work with almost nothing but women. Many of them older and black. My work wife Tara nicknamed me Precious. So that's how I start my work day, "Morning Precious!"

Also I kill all the bugs, lift all the things and am rewarded with cakes and treats. All in all I can't complain.
  • corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    I work with nerds. When I have an ounce of cleavage showing.... they all stop what they're doing:)) It's pretty funny. And they forget the English language.

I now wear lower cut tops for my own personal enjoyment.
  • hellokathy
    hellokathy Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    I work with only men in my team. One of them looks like Brain from Pinky & the Brain. Not kidding. He's actually really creepy and annoying and no one likes him. People from other departments will come round when he's not there to tell us how annoying he is. And lately, he's been giving me a lot of compliments. Of course, it has to be the creep doing this! :embarassed:
  • S1NN3R
    S1NN3R Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    My co-worker always feels the need to tell me about her bowel movements and rambles on about anything and everything! LOL

I avoid asking her anything because that will spark up a 3 hour story from her. Pandora and earphones are great!
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Oh yes, I work with TWO birthers. *eyeroll*

One of those will read off headlines from Yahoo but then argue with you on the details of the article even though she only reads the headlines. Fun stuff.
  • KayakAngel
    KayakAngel Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Two of my coworkers talk in baby talk to each other - seriously. Grown *kitten* women, both of them. Yes, Pandora and earphones is my defense too.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    My coworkers believe we're in high school and intentionally ostracize one person in the office from any gatherings, luncheons, etc. The ostracized person varies from year to year. It's awesome... (comic sans font here.)
  • Shannon2714
    Shannon2714 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    Beat that person until they can't move. Ugh. <~~~~Agreed.

I work with almost nothing but women. Many of them older and black. My work wife Tara nicknamed me Precious . So that's how I start my work day, "Morning Precious!"

Also I kill all the bugs, lift all the things and am rewarded with cakes and treats. All in all I can't complain.

You know they are right...you won't live that down... :wink:
  • Desterknee
    Desterknee Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    I work for an organization which deals with a lot of middle-eastern businesses. Naturally a lot of Arabic speakers are employed. So during staff meeting when talking about potential opportunities sometimes they'll say "Insha'Allah" which is "god willing" in Arabic.

A new hire, a southern blonde protestant, has now taken to saying "Insha'Allah" after everything even though she is neither an arabic speaker, nor muslim.

I find this to be highly annoying lol.
  • Shannon2714
    Shannon2714 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    Oh yes, I work with TWO birthers. *eyeroll*

One of those will read off headlines from Yahoo but then argue with you on the details of the article even though she only reads the headlines. Fun stuff.

It could be worse...the one man I work with reads Fox News *kitten* to all of us all day...I'm seriously considering stabbing my eardrums with a pencil.
  • odusgolp
    Options
    I work for an organization which deals with a lot of middle-eastern businesses. Naturally a lot of Arabic speakers are employed. So during staff meeting when talking about potential opportunities sometimes they'll say "Insha'Allah" which is "god willing" in Arabic.

A new hire, a southern blonde protestant, has now taken to saying "Insha'Allah" after everything even though she is neither an arabic speaker, nor muslim.

I'd shank her.
  • odusgolp
    Options
    Two of my coworkers talk in baby talk to each other - seriously. Grown *kitten* women, both of them. Yes, Pandora and earphones is my defense too.

Shut. Up. I dare you to record them so they can hear what *kitten* they sound like.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options

Well, it could be worse, she could be complianing about the fact they say that... that's what I was expecting to read lol
  • littlehedgy
    littlehedgy Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    This is a conversation I had the pleasure to overhear between two elderly co-workers.

C "Isn't it funny how potato and tomato sound the same... but they don't taste the same?"
    B "Yeah because one is a fruit, and the other is a root!"
    c "FRUIT AND ROOT RHYME TOO!"

HIlarity ensued. I mean shake the walls hilarity between those two. They continued to discuss how weird it was that potatoes and tomatoes sound the same but they don't even look alike. Another gem was the TWENTY minute salt conversation.

"There's pink salt, and sea salt and rock salt, and man made salt ect ect"
    and she just keeps running and running and running
  • Krizzle4Rizzle
    Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
    Options
    I work with a sociopath who lies about everything. Even small thinks that make no sense..like where she went to lunch. She creeps me out.
  • harleydall76
    harleydall76 Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    One of my guys looks like Jimmy Nuetron, LOL.

Our office is without a doubt a carbon copy of the the show The Office.
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options
    I sit next to an uber-conservative who spouts Rush Limbaugh headlines to me while simultaneously channeling some of the most upper class, WASPy stereotypes I have ever witnessed. He is the modern day version of Judge Smails from Caddyshack.
  • odusgolp
    Options
    This is quickly becoming my favorite thread of the day.