Options

Replies

• Skeels
    Skeels Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    I use it in my coffee and cereal.....love it
  • NanaDino4
    Options
    I use Silk Almond Milk in my protein shake every morning and I add blueberries and frozen bananas to it and it is delicious. I also use it when I eat my Special K cereal.
  • karagetsfit
    Options
    I LOVE it.
  • mandybledsoe
    mandybledsoe Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I use the unsweetened vanilla by blue diamond, it was pretty bad when I started but since I completely replaced milk with it, I have gotten used to it and actually like it.
  • clintbritt3
    Options
    I use Silk Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk.... it's so good, I use it for everything. Sugar free pudding is BAD stuff!
  • j_wilson2012
    Options
    It lacks the protein found in regular milk. It has a little less sugar in it though. I like it because it doesnt create a Monet painting in my stomach, and that is what regular milk does to me. I may be a little lactose intol, but not to the point where I can't stand it. Dont use it as a protein source, though. You may want to check out soymilk for that.
  • MelissaOnPurpose
    MelissaOnPurpose Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I use it every day! I have tried Almondbreeze and Silk but like So Delicious the best! I use 1 tbsp Smuckers all-natural PB in my shakes. Sometimes a whole or half frozen banana. And if I REALLLLLLY wanna sweeten it up, I use a packet of Truvia. I also add water and ice!

I've been doing a lot of cleaning up of our stuff around here. Making small changes here and there...So they stick! You can follow me for ideas or if you're making changes also, I can follow you! :) Just let me know!!! :) We can exchange ideas and what-not. And that goes for anyone interested!
  • JosianneC
    JosianneC Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I use it daily, LOVE it! I buy the Silk Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk, I find it has a better taste than just the regular almond milk. I don't know what could have gone wrong with yours though, might have gone bad or something?
  • torrmairi
    torrmairi Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Can you get Provamel milk where you are? They make an almond one which is excellent - it has a drop of agave to sweeten it and it's really rich, just like homemade. It's about 100 calories a glass. I'm not a fan of the Blue Diamond milks - they're expensive around here and too salty and watery for my liking.
  • Ghkffb56
    Ghkffb56 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I put protein in all mine. in fact i just put protien in most my foods if i want it to taste a little sweet... oatmeal, greek yogurt so on... all you need is a little...^.~"
  • MelissaOnPurpose
    MelissaOnPurpose Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    It lacks the protein found in regular milk. It has a little less sugar in it though. I like it because it doesnt create a Monet painting in my stomach, and that is what regular milk does to me. I may be a little lactose intol, but not to the point where I can't stand it. Dont use it as a protein source, though. You may want to check out soymilk for that.

I would do some research on soy before you use soy milk. Here is a link to check out: http://realfoodeater.com/why-soy-is-not-a-real-food/
  • CannibalisticVegetarian
    CannibalisticVegetarian Posts: 1,255 Member
    Options
    I use it in just about anything that calls for milk (with the exception of recipes). The unsweetened kind is the best in my opinion. The regular vanilla kind is somehow TOO sweet for me to deal! I'd added it to my cereal once and felt like I was eating a bowl of sugar! lol
  • ellehcimyelhsa
    Options
    Try adding a bit of honey to make it sweeter.
  • HelloSweetie4
    HelloSweetie4 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    I will get it when Aldi has it in stock. I put it on my morning cereal and I've also put a bit in mashed potatoes, and they came out very good!
  • drsdghtr
    drsdghtr Posts: 27
    Options
    I use it daily with my my meal replacement shake mix (Body by Vi).
  • thelovelyLIZ
    thelovelyLIZ Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    I get the vanilla unsweetened. It takes a little adjusting to it, but once you get used to it, it's really good.
  • lisamarie2181
    lisamarie2181 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    not sure if you have a Trader Joe's in your area, but they have THE BEST unsweetened vanilla almond milk. I don't have much to compare because I do not buy other brands, but the one I get is in the refrigerated section, there is unsweetened vanilla and plain.

Try it out if you can! Use it everyday :)
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    Unsweetened vanilla almond milk + a banana + chocolate protein powder = the best damn thing I've ever tasted in my life.
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    I have not drank dairy milk since trying the almond milk. Love it !!
  • SafioraLinnea
    SafioraLinnea Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    I personally drink the sweetened almond milk. I just don't enjoy unsweetened, so I double the calories in a glass of it and enjoy it sweetened.