Weird thing happened while jogging

Options

Replies

• baylor110311
    baylor110311 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    OMG Yes you should! You are so lucky that car came by! WOW!!!
  • KittieLea
    KittieLea Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    I think you need to see how many "yes" replies you get to this post before reporting. Good thing you asked the MFP community!
  • cmcorn26
    cmcorn26 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    that needs to be reported, it doesn't just happen that way in the movies! you are very lucky, change your running route tomorrow! and routinely after that. make sure someone you trust has your route too!
    Thank goodness for that other car!
  • iRebel
    iRebel Posts: 383
    Options
    one day many years ago I had a full sized van and was sitting in a Walmart parking lot waiting for my wife and mother-in-law to come out...it was hot and I had no air so I had the door open and someone called the police on me saying I was trying to pick up kids...everything turned out good...had them go in a page my wife...

haha... yeah I was kinda hoping it wasn't what it looked like.

BUT WHY drive down the road with your door open and your 'helper' or whatever crouched in the door. :noway:
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    Are you okay, OP? That must have been so scary...
    I guess I was not accepting what happened... I'll be fine.... it just seems so unreal!

I was assualted once and didn't report it right away. I was in total shock. It took several people telling me to report it to do so; I understand why you waited. I wish I had reported it right away because I felt victimized by the police dept trying to report it later in the day but it sounds like you had a much easier time with the police.
  • iRebel
    Options
    YES- this is real... I was so scared, trying to run back to my car before they turned around... ran the fastest 1/4 mile ever.

Then why the frack are you on a message board asking whether or not it should be reported? You should have picked up your phone and dialed the police immediately and reported what happened instead of turning on your computer and going to MFP to ASK if it should be reported.

I mean seriously?!:huh:

That was too funny and I love that face you put at the end. But on a serious tip, my heart would have been beating out of my chest and I would have called the police as soon as I could. You may wanna use the treadmill at home or at the gym until this whole thing pans out. How do you know they weren't monitoring you and got a chance to know your daily routine? Always report supicious behavior, better safe than sorry!!
    because that was the first time I've ever ran there. also, I DID report it.
  • iRebel
    Options
    Are you okay, OP? That must have been so scary...
    I guess I was not accepting what happened... I'll be fine.... it just seems so unreal!

I was assualted once and didn't report it right away. I was in total shock. It took several people telling me to report it to do so; I understand why you waited. I wish I had reported it right away because I felt victimized by the police dept trying to report it later in the day but it sounds like you had a much easier time with the police.
    they said that I should have reported it sooner... but "in shock" is kinda how I felt too!
  • ehs5mw
    ehs5mw Posts: 65
    Options
    Please be careful about going out in this area again. You never know what is going on. Make sure you report anything suspicious to police, because while it might not seem like a big deal, it could easily turn into one. It is their job to find out, not yours.
  • Molly_Maguire
    Molly_Maguire Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    OH MY GOSH!! You seriously dodged a bullet. You HAVE TO report it, unless you're cool with some OTHER innocent jogger taking your place, raped and decapitated and left in a ditch....

Do you run with pepper spray/knife/taser? I strongly recommend you arm yourself with something next time you go running alone.
  • BabyLeila23
    Options
    If something ever makes you feel that uncomfortable automatically report it.
  • BrazenHarpy
    BrazenHarpy Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    And this is why my husband insists that I carry both pepper spray and a jogger's knife...

Looks like you're already reporting it. Very glad you're okay. I've had similar creepy things happen to me when jogging, including one guy who thought it would be fun to "covertly" follow me while I was jogging at night. Fortunately I caught on before I led the guy back to my house...
  • wheresheidi
    Options
    I'm sorry but it has to be said: FAT PEOPLE ARE HARDER TO KIDNAP! :laugh:
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    "If you see something, say something"

You might save someone's life.
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    If you go out jogging at the same time on the same route every day, they'll probably come back for you.
  • iRebel
    Options
    I'm sorry but it has to be said: FAT PEOPLE ARE HARDER TO KIDNAP! :laugh:
    is that a quote...?

I'm not fat either... not even 'overweight'
    givin' yu the benefit of the doubt! :laugh:
  • eatcleanNtraindirty
    eatcleanNtraindirty Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Oh my YES!! report it!! describe as best you can.. the next person they "target" may not have the luck you did

Yeah seriously! That's freaking crazy!!! You're so lucky!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    If this is an actual real post then yes, you most definitely should report it. Do it NOW before you forget the make, model, description of the person crouching in the back etc.

And why on earth would you come to a public forum to ask whether or not you should report something like that? Do you honestly think that it was no big deal?!
    well, It was the middle of the day, in a rich small town... I AM planning on reporting it, could there be ANY non creepy explanation for that....?

Crime never happens in rich, small towns. Or rich areas of large towns.

Don't report it. Clearly they were just admiring your dedication.
  • basillowe66
    basillowe66 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    DEFINETLY, YOU WERE ALMOST A VICTEM and Lord only knows what kind of a victim!!!
  • iRebel
    Options
    If this is an actual real post then yes, you most definitely should report it. Do it NOW before you forget the make, model, description of the person crouching in the back etc.

And why on earth would you come to a public forum to ask whether or not you should report something like that? Do you honestly think that it was no big deal?!
    well, It was the middle of the day, in a rich small town... I AM planning on reporting it, could there be ANY non creepy explanation for that....?

Crime never happens in rich, small towns. Or rich areas of large towns.

Don't report it. Clearly they were just admiring your dedication.

I know, I sounded stupid! Oh, well. I was just trying to describe the area as a low crime one. I don't even live there. I don't look rich. I run in baggy t-shirts and basketball shorts. Not very attractive, IMO.
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    Looks like it's time to start jogging with the over-the-should shotgun sling. Tactical joggers are even harder to kidnap than fat ones.

Sling_MTS_Shotgun_lg.jpg

At the very least carry some good pepper spray. Maybe they were just trying to be funny but it wouldn't hurt to be prepared in case the Free Candy van comes back.