Any other Daddy's take their daughters on dates?

Options

Replies

• angelew
    angelew Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I'm 45 years old and I still remember, vividly, all the dates I went on with my Daddy. I felt so incredibly special! A girl never forgets what it feels like to be treated that well...she will measure every man who enters her life against her Daddy. What a lucky little girl you have- all Daddies should give their daughters the gift of self-esteem!
  • racheldennis
    Options
    My husband does this a couple times a month with our 6 year old. It is SOOOOO important for little girls to have an awesome loving father as a male role-model in their life. Thank goodness for men like you and my husband!
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    Awww! That is so incredibly sweet!

When my son was younger, I used to take off work and take him to the park, zoo, whatever. Then when his sister was born, he insisted that she come with us. So he and I haven't been on a "date" in a while. Many times, my husband will pick him up from daycare early to take himout and do stuff though.

I think when our daughter gets older, he'd do "date" stuff with her too. Definately need to do some one on one time with them though...it's been a while! For us, since we both work, we like to spend our weekends as a family, so it's tough to get the one on one time.
  • MelStren
    MelStren Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    You just earned my nomination for Dad of the Year! How sweet! I wish we'd done this with our kids! They are 16 and 17 now and would rather have teeth pulled than be seen in public with mom and dad!

You go and enjoy the time for as long as you can!
  • doriyoung
    doriyoung Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    My Dad and I are still so close because we did this when I was younger! So awesome.

I've started it with my four boys. Once a week, I take one of them on a date. They pick the dinner and I pick the activity. I like that it's time with them each and that it gets them away from their electronics and that it introduces them to a variety of activities.
  • JMJ1983
    JMJ1983 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    What a fantastic idea!! I love that you are demonstrating to her what a real man is supposed to be like and how a real man should treat her...Can't wait til she goes out on her first real date and tells the guy...PSSHHHH but my dad always takes me to (enter fancy restaurant here)...

This is something i'd love for my hubby to do when our little girl gets a bit older!
  • Pedalpush
    Pedalpush Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    My four-year-old and I go on dates at least a couple of times a month. It's the best!

oops, I forgot about the second part... We have had our "Saturday Morning Ritual" since before he could walk and now his younger brother joins us: it usually involves going to yard sales, because he loves finding new toys for dirt cheap and spending his own money. But we don't really "need" toys right now, so we usually go to breakfast (often some place with a play area) and run errands. It's always fun though.
  • Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    My dad did that with me and my sister, sometimes together, but mainly on our own. She's told her hubby how special it made us feel and he's doing it now with my two nieces. Love it!
  • mgmlap
    mgmlap Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    aww...i tell my daughters the same thing..when they can find a man that treats them better than their dad...he will always be their #1
  • smc1277
    smc1277 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I used to go places with my dad and loved it. My daughter however, doesn't get to experience this.
  • TheAncientMariner
    TheAncientMariner Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I most certainly do! Sometimes I'll take my girls to get pedicures and manicures or we'll just do movies and popcorn. It really is a blast and I love it as much as they do!
  • TKHappy
    TKHappy Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    All my kiddos get special 'dates' where it's just the 2 of us and they get to pick what we do! I even do it with my step children also. I think, especially with more than one kid in the house, that they really need that individualized attention every now and then. I think its a great and cute idea! :)
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    My daughters -- 30, 28 and 18 -- are all grown up now, but when they were young and still at home, I made a point to take each one out every month. Just the two of us. We still did the family things and Mommy and I still had our date nights, but I really loved those dates with my girls.

I still get to take them out, but much less frequently now that they've all moved out. And they seem to have their "specialties" now. The oldest and I usually take in Concerts together. The middle girl and I like amusement parks. The youngest is my adventurer and sushi partner.
  • Francesca3162
    Francesca3162 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    My favorite part:
    When we get to where we are going we sit down and I ask her why we are here, she answers because you love me:) I say that's right! Until you find a man that treats you better than me..........it will always be you and me.

It will teach her to value herself and to not settle!!!
  • placeboaddiction
    placeboaddiction Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I do that with all my kids. I take my daughter out, and don't really accomplish much in depth, but shes 2... I take out 1 kid a month with just me. Let them choose the place to have fun (be it movie, lazer tag, chuck-e-cheese) and I choose the place to eat. When we eat, I usually have a few things to talk to them about. My last one with my 8 year old I let him know Santa, the easter bunny, and the tooth fairy weren't real. These times have been some of the best in my life. With 3 kids, its good to have them have a time away from everyone. :)
  • holeshottdr
    holeshottdr Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Our local Rec commission host a Daddy Daughter dance that is held the afternoon following our High School Prom. It's for girls and their fathers K-5th grade. My daughter and I get all dressed up and go on our date and dance the afternoon away. Sadly, I only have three years of this to go.
  • Kerri_is_so_very
    Kerri_is_so_very Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    My daughter is 7 years old and I like to take her on dates whenever we can find the time. It's not nearly often enough but we both love it whenever we do:) Sometimes she picks the place and what we will do and sometimes I do. Sometimes we both get a little dressed up but I always open all the doors for her, hold her hand, and treat her like a queen:) When we get to where we are going we sit down and I ask her why we are here, she answers because you love me:) I say that's right! Until you find a man that treats you better than me..........it will always be you and me.

Are there any other Daddy's that do similar things with their daughters? What about Mommy's taking their boys on dates? I would love to here any new ideas that I can use with my kids.

I think I :heart: you even more than I already did!!! :flowerforyou:
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Z_I_L_L_A Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    My daughter is 7 years old and I like to take her on dates whenever we can find the time. It's not nearly often enough but we both love it whenever we do:) Sometimes she picks the place and what we will do and sometimes I do. Sometimes we both get a little dressed up but I always open all the doors for her, hold her hand, and treat her like a queen:) When we get to where we are going we sit down and I ask her why we are here, she answers because you love me:) I say that's right! Until you find a man that treats you better than me..........it will always be you and me.

Are there any other Daddy's that do similar things with their daughters? What about Mommy's taking their boys on dates? I would love to here any new ideas that I can use with my kids.

She won't let me anymore, she is 17 and I'm scaring off the prospects. lol Sad though she will go off to college next year and I will have withdrawls and be depressed. Bad when you are a full time single dad and the little one you still see taking her first steps is all grown up now. Spend all the time you can with em it runs out too quick.

Just another Dad
    (Superman to the little girl)
  • lydia_the_tattooed_lady
    Options
    We don't go out, but on the weekends we have daddy-daughter movie night where we watch horrible B movies and laugh.

Rubber was her favorite. It's about a tire that blows people up.

Thankskilling was not as good a choice.. the first scene in the movie is an exposed breast of a nun. I was scrambling for the remote while she laughed her A off...

ahaha I saw Thankskilling too! It's a D movie trying to be a B movie lol I saw it on Netflix
  • dragonc321
    Options

Dude you seriously rock. This was just fantastic. I ain't no girl and I don't plan on having kids but if more dads were like you, I feel that more girls will grow up with self-esteem and will know what to expect from men rather than going out with these wannabe thugs and stuff.

Way to go man! Fatherhood: You are doing it right!

^^What he said... You are the type of father I wish my little girl had. Her and I do movie nights, though. She picks the movie and what we eat for dinner (usually pizza) and we relax and spend time together away from the chaos of our normal busy schedule.