Any other Daddy's take their daughters on dates?

Options

Replies

• CharleneExtreme
    Options
    You people make me want a baby!
  • MissyMissy18
    MissyMissy18 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Awww ... what a great dad!! I wish mine had done stuff like this!

When we were very young he used to take us (me and sis) for breakfast at McDonald's every Sunday and then home to watch the Three Stooges.

When we were a little older he tried to bond with us through sports mostly... we played, but we were never quite as interested as he probably hoped! Poor dad.
  • Growtinymusclesgrow
    Growtinymusclesgrow Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I do that with all my kids. I take my daughter out, and don't really accomplish much in depth, but shes 2... I take out 1 kid a month with just me. Let them choose the place to have fun (be it movie, lazer tag, chuck-e-cheese) and I choose the place to eat. When we eat, I usually have a few things to talk to them about. My last one with my 8 year old I let him know Santa, the easter bunny, and the tooth fairy weren't real. These times have been some of the best in my life. With 3 kids, its good to have them have a time away from everyone. :)

I could never do that...tell my kids that Santa and the rest Don't exist. Kids are forced to grow up to fast as it is...I live the fact that my 9 year old pretends to believe in Santa...whether it is for my 6 year olds benefit or maybe because she thinks she would get less, either way, I think it is awesome!
  • paulsmisses
    Options
    My daughter is 7 years old and I like to take her on dates whenever we can find the time. It's not nearly often enough but we both love it whenever we do:) Sometimes she picks the place and what we will do and sometimes I do. Sometimes we both get a little dressed up but I always open all the doors for her, hold her hand, and treat her like a queen:) When we get to where we are going we sit down and I ask her why we are here, she answers because you love me:) I say that's right! Until you find a man that treats you better than me..........it will always be you and me.

Are there any other Daddy's that do similar things with their daughters? What about Mommy's taking their boys on dates? I would love to here any new ideas that I can use with my kids.

my hubby would totally be like that if we had a girl, think i would get jealous though! so glad we have two boys! and we are all really outdoorsy type people so we go out as a family but think what you are doing is fab and your daughter will always remeber you for it.

also, she will probably never find a man as good as her daddy, so thats something to be proud of - or is that your secret plan all along??!! i know how my brothers are with their daughters, noone will ever be good enough!
  • datantrum
    datantrum Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    my daughter is 2 and my husband and her have "daddy" day and go to the aquarium or fishing at "Tingley Beach".

need friends add me
  • perfectingpatti
    perfectingpatti Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    Thankskilling was not as good a choice.. the first scene in the movie is an exposed breast of a nun.
    You're lying. Nuns do not expose their breasts.

OP~ That's awesome. My husband does the same thing with our daughter and I go on mother-son dates with all my sons. My 20 year old was home from college a couple of weeks ago and text me: "Mommy-son date to Outback"? She'll remember it forever.
  • paulsmisses
    Options
    I do that with all my kids. I take my daughter out, and don't really accomplish much in depth, but shes 2... I take out 1 kid a month with just me. Let them choose the place to have fun (be it movie, lazer tag, chuck-e-cheese) and I choose the place to eat. When we eat, I usually have a few things to talk to them about. My last one with my 8 year old I let him know Santa, the easter bunny, and the tooth fairy weren't real. These times have been some of the best in my life. With 3 kids, its good to have them have a time away from everyone. :)

I could never do that...tell my kids that Santa and the rest Don't exist. Kids are forced to grow up to fast as it is...I live the fact that my 9 year old pretends to believe in Santa...whether it is for my 6 year olds benefit or maybe because she thinks she would get less, either way, I think it is awesome!

i had to tell my 6 year old the tooth fairy isnt real because i fell asleep and forgot to trade tooth for coins! he woke up devastated and i gave him a ten pound note and told him the truth to rid myself of the guilt!
  • minuet42
    minuet42 Posts: 33
    Options
    When I was elementary school, my daddy took me out on dates! I was in Scouts, so we did all that father/daughter stuff, plus we'd go out to McDonald's (living overseas, this was a Big Deal) or just go for a bike ride and the like. Still happy, happy memories. Good on you for being a good daddy!

I take "field trips" with some of the little ones in my Sunday School class - school/downtown fairs, museum trips, movie nights, or just a game night (that one's really more to let the parents have a night out, but she always thinks it's for her;) Oh, and if it happens to be a Saturday morning, there's usually readings at the local library.
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    My daughter is 7 years old and I like to take her on dates whenever we can find the time. It's not nearly often enough but we both love it whenever we do:) Sometimes she picks the place and what we will do and sometimes I do. Sometimes we both get a little dressed up but I always open all the doors for her, hold her hand, and treat her like a queen:) When we get to where we are going we sit down and I ask her why we are here, she answers because you love me:) I say that's right! Until you find a man that treats you better than me..........it will always be you and me.

Are there any other Daddy's that do similar things with their daughters? What about Mommy's taking their boys on dates? I would love to here any new ideas that I can use with my kids.

I believe this is how every father should raise their daughter's. Set the bar high and engrain into their mind how they should be treated and no less. I don't have children yet, but I fully intend on taking my daughter out on dates, and coaching my son on how to treat ALL women with respect. A young girl is always seeking validation from her father. Tell her you love her, that she's beautiful and precious every chance you get. Because is doesn't hear it from you, but some smooth talking jerk tells her what she wants to hear, next thing you know she's in the back seat of his car.
  • AwesomelyAmber
    AwesomelyAmber Posts: 1,617 Member
    Options
    My dad and I have a standing "Over night Christmas shopping" date every December. We shop, go out to dinner, and sing Christmas carols! I'm 32, married, with kids of my own... this is one of my most special times!

My son and I have "Mom and Son" days where we do lunch, shop, or just plain do SOMETHING FUN... no hubby, noone else... Just us. :smooched:
  • KyleB65
    KyleB65 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    While I do not remember going on "dates" with my daughter. I absolutely spent as much time as I could with her over the years. Sometimes it was doing things of my choice but mostly it was doing things that interested her. My goal was to let her know how important she was to me and at the same time encourage her to be curious and to enjoy life.

I have been to many concerts with my daughter and her friends as chaperone. Camping, movies, restaurant breakfasts, hosting parties, museums, etc, etc, etc. All part of a great life with my little girl!

My favorite experience however was letting her go to a high school that offered a special "International" academic program. This meant that for 5 years I drove my little girl to and from school every day! This period will live with me forever!

Being a Dad ROCKS!
  • LiftBigtoGetFit
    LiftBigtoGetFit Posts: 3,399 Member
    Options
    Not as often as I should, but my daughters love it. Even just a simple thing like going to McDonald's for some chicken nuggets. They love the one on one time. Reminds me, I need to do this with them again soon. :smile:
  • MustBeTheRows
    MustBeTheRows Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I love to take my daughter to the movies, she sits next to me and holds my hand, she has hands just like mine, they are little, warm, and squishy. I <3 her so much.

Oh, we share candy too!
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    Okay, that is sweet, and I like the idea of teaching your daughter that her partner should treat her well (although I'm not going to assume she's heterosexual, she is, after all, only 7).

But...I find it really disturbing when adults refer to themselves as "daddy" or "mommy."
  • mdbs2004
    mdbs2004 Posts: 220
    Options
    my daughter just turned 9 and we started going on dates when she was 7. we do it about every 3 months or so. I make it a real date. We dress up I hold all doors, stress table manors, order real food (no chicken strips) I try to set the example of an expected date when shes older and its great bonding time.
  • _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    You, sir, are making it VERY hard for anyone to EVER compete with you for your daughters heart. Well done! :love:
  • jenbk2
    jenbk2 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I am a mommy and I take my boys on dates all the time. They each get their own date and they decide on where we go. I love it !
  • Rachelle_Ohh
    Rachelle_Ohh Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    My dad used to take me to Chuck E Cheese every Saturday when I was little and then sometimes we'd go to "the show" (aka movies lol).

Now, it's just whenever a special occasion hits.....it always seems to be Red Lobster.....and I always get suckered into paying for it (but he leaves the tip) b/c I have a "nice job". ahahahahhaa I love my dad....so cheap! :D
  • holly3585
    holly3585 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I FEEL LIKE YOU WANT PEOPLE TO TELL YOU HAW SWEET YOU ARE......JUST MY OPINION!!!

LOL IT IS WORKING THO HAHA NICE WAY TO PICK UP CHICKS
  • HiKaren
    HiKaren Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    This is the very best thread in forever on MFP...

My Dad used to take me on dates.... And I would take him... I would take him to the Armenian Old Peoples home for the picnics.. He loved his Shish Kebob Sandwiches... Other dates were, the theater house for "Fiddler On The Roof" and dinner.. Other ones, Alway, always, every year... The local annual fair. We would walk and walk... And the main stage theater was/is named after my grandfather (his dad) so we liked to watch the shows there. Another thing that didn't thrill me, but I went anyway, was he wanted someone to go to the "Gun Show" with him.. that was a annual thing. We also went to the Train Show. He loved his train sets. He loved book stores, would take trips to the book store. Before that, theres the sugarpine railroad. He didn't like going to movies, he liked to buy them instead, but he did go a few times. There was a ditch by our home ranch, and we used to go walking down the ditch and would hunt for Cross-Rocks... I liked to dig in the dirt with my Dad...

Its so nice to hear someone thinking in these terms here. Because life is only so long, don't miss your chance to spend precious moments like this with your daughter. And show her what a real man is.. So when it comes time for her to look for a husband, shes going to try and find all the same loving qualities that you treat her with...

Have fun doing many things with your daughter... And God bless you sir for thinking in these terms..:flowerforyou: