Any other Daddy's take their daughters on dates?

Options

Replies

• brandysparksW
    Options
    Not unless surfing, fishing, and kayaking count as dates.....

They do! I will never forget my time spent fishing and kayaking with my dad!
  • arnoswife
    arnoswife Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    That is so sweet of you to do!! I take my son (6yrs old) out on dates, he calls himself "mama's hot date"! But now my daughters 4 and 2 ask when they get to go on a "hot date" with me, I tell them we will soon, but they should really ask their daddy!:smile:
  • 18guyhornet
    18guyhornet Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I have three girls and always take them on individual dates when I can. I think it's important to give them my undivided attention and make them feel as special as I know they are! I like to take time out of my day and go have lunch with them at school because other Dad's don't do that.
  • nikic50
    nikic50 Posts: 209
    Options
    My hubby doesn't even do that for me!!!....you deserve Man of the Year!!!
  • oneworkoutatatime
    Options
    yup.. we just went to the Aquarium Wednesday. Daddy/daughter days is very important to me.
  • JenniBaby85
    JenniBaby85 Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    You are amazing, and you are showing your daughter exactly what she deserves from a man when she is older, and she will not accept anything less. Love it! :flowerforyou:

Yes! Making me think of how uninvolved my Dad suddenly became (even though he was still living at home with my mom and brother and I) ! It sucked. I hope my husband does this with our girls forever! :love:
  • JenniBaby85
    JenniBaby85 Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    I have three girls and always take them on individual dates when I can. I think it's important to give them my undivided attention and make them feel as special as I know they are! I like to take time out of my day and go have lunch with them at school because other Dad's don't do that.

Again. :love:
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    P.S. She’s never allowed to have a boyfriend….maybe when she’s 37. :bigsmile:

LOL, I tell my daughters they can have boyfriends when they finish medical school :tongue:

I know they will have a boyfriend one day, I just don't want to think about my little girls growing up. :cry:

Here...these should help with the whole dating scene, LOL :)

10 Simple Rules for Dating My Daughter:

Rule One: If you pull into the driveway and honk you'd better be delivering a package, because you're sure not picking anything up.

Rule Two: You do not touch my daughter in front of me. You may glance at her, so long as you do not peer at anything below her neck. If you cannot keep your eyes or hands off my daughter's body, I will remove them.

Rule Three: I am aware that it is considered fashionable for boys of your age to wear their trousers so loosely that they appear to be falling off their hips. Please don't take this as an insult, but you and all of your friends are complete idiots. Still, I want to be fair and open minded about this issue, so I propose a compromise. You may come to the door with your underwear showing and your pants ten sizes too big, and I will not object. However, in order to ensure that your clothes do not, if fact, come off during the course of your date with my daughter, I will take an electric nail gun and fasten your trousers securely in place to your waist.

Rule Four: I’m sure you've been told that in today's world, sex without utilizing a "barrier method" of some kind can kill you. Let me elaborate. When it comes to sex, I am the barrier, and I will kill you.

Rule Five: It is usually understood that in order for us to get to know each other, we should talk about sports, politics, and other issues of the day. Please do not do this. The only information I require from you is an indication of when you expect to have my daughter safely back at this house, and the only word I need to hear from you on this subject is "early."

Rule Six: I have no doubt you are a popular fellow, with many opportunities to date other girls. This is fine with me as long as it is okay with my daughter. Otherwise, once you have gone out with my little girl, you will continue to date no one but her until she is finished with you. If you make her cry, I will make you cry.

Rule Seven: As you stand in my front hallway, waiting for my daughter to appear and more than an hour goes by, do not sigh and fidget. If you want to be on time for the movie, you should not be dating. My daughter is putting on her makeup, a process than can take longer than painting the Golden Gate Bridge. Instead of standing there, why don't you do something useful, like changing the oil in my truck?

Rule Eight: The following places are not appropriate for a date with my daughter:

Places there are beds, sofas, or anything softer than a wooden stool.

Places there are no parents, policemen, or nuns within eyesight.

Places where there is darkness, dancing, holding hands, or happiness.

Places where the ambient temperature is warm enough to induce my daughter to wear shorts, tank tops, midriff T-shirts, or anything other than overalls, a sweater, and a goose down parka - zipped up to her throat.

Movies with strong romantic or sexual themes are to be avoided. Movies that
    feature parents with chain saws are okay. Hockey games are okay. Retirement homes are better.

Rule Nine: Do not lie to me. I may appear to be pot-bellied, wrinkled up, middle-aged, dim-witted, has-been, but on issues relating to my daughter, I am the all-knowing, merciless GOD of your universe. If I ask you where you are going and with whom, you have one chance to tell me the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth. I have a Kimber Ultra CDP II .45ACP, a shovel, and twenty-five acres behind the house. Do not trifle with me, Scooter.

Rule Ten: Be afraid. Be very afraid. It takes very little for me to mistake the sound of your car in the driveway for a chopper coming over a rice paddy near Hanoi. When my Agent Orange starts acting up, the voices in my head frequently tell me to clean the guns as I wait for you to bring my daughter home. As soon as you pull into the driveway you should exit your car with both hands in plain sight, speak the perimeter password, announce in a clear voice that you have brought my daughter home safely and early, then return to your car - there is no need for you to come inside. The camouflaged face at the window is mine.
  • Xstitcher74
    Xstitcher74 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    My youngest son (now 13) and I would go to Applebee's every week just to talk. Always let him order and it was a nice way to connect with him away from home, friends and school. :smile:
  • jenluvsushi
    jenluvsushi Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    My daughter is 7 years old and I like to take her on dates whenever we can find the time. It's not nearly often enough but we both love it whenever we do:) Sometimes she picks the place and what we will do and sometimes I do. Sometimes we both get a little dressed up but I always open all the doors for her, hold her hand, and treat her like a queen:) When we get to where we are going we sit down and I ask her why we are here, she answers because you love me:) I say that's right! Until you find a man that treats you better than me..........it will always be you and me.

Are there any other Daddy's that do similar things with their daughters? What about Mommy's taking their boys on dates? I would love to here any new ideas that I can use with my kids.

OMG...you just made my ovaries do back flips. Just sayin~ :flowerforyou:
  • DeeDel32
    DeeDel32 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    my son and i definitely have our date nights :)

i remember hanging out with my dad when i was younger and always feeling loved and special. OP, keep doing what you're doing. You're contributing to their self worth and esteem and are ensuring they'll be strong women when they grow up.

cheers to you :drinker:
  • ATclassof2021
    ATclassof2021 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Worked wonderfully with my daughter.....not so well with my son :-( His mom gave him to me when he was 8 (5 months after our divorce) because she needed her freedom. He is now 16......father & son time only really happens when he wants it to happen - movie or concert. Needless to say we have seen a bunch of concerts Next show is ZZ & Lynyrd Skynyrd in Sep :-)
  • kerrymh
    kerrymh Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    I can remember most of the times I had alone time with my Dad with out my brothers, I remember he took me out to dinner once as I passed into adulthood haha..thought it was odd.
    But I think that's great. I think having special time for each of your children is important. Building special moments to really get to know them..have time for them to confide their secrets and hopes and dreams. I am close to my father still, and think he was a fantastic father.. actually I blame him for being single now..lol because I know what a good man is..and won't settle for less.
  • MaybeAMonkey
    Options
    We need more daddy's like this in the world! What great example and standard you're setting for your little girl!
  • Bearman45
    Options
    My daughter is 7 years old and I like to take her on dates whenever we can find the time. It's not nearly often enough but we both love it whenever we do:) Sometimes she picks the place and what we will do and sometimes I do. Sometimes we both get a little dressed up but I always open all the doors for her, hold her hand, and treat her like a queen:) When we get to where we are going we sit down and I ask her why we are here, she answers because you love me:) I say that's right! Until you find a man that treats you better than me..........it will always be you and me.

Are there any other Daddy's that do similar things with their daughters? What about Mommy's taking their boys on dates? I would love to here any new ideas that I can use with my kids.

I do! We go out for a special time whenever mom is otherwise occupied. Sometimes it's simple, like a move and other times its more involved. There is an annual "Daddy Daughter Dance" that happens nearby and we attend each year. This is a special black tie event, open only to girls and their father figures. We see all ages there; from toddlers on up to women in their 20's and 30's attending with their dads. My girl is 11 now and this event is a chance to put her on top of the world for one evening. I usually buy her a new dress and shoes for the occasion and spend the night treating her like a princess.

As a father, I think it's important to teach our girls how they should expect to be treated by the men (boys) in their lives. They need to have caring, respectful behavior modeled for them to understand what is and is not appropriate or acceptable. She not only learns how she should be treated, she also learns self worth in a way that only a father can teach.

Great job OP. Keep it up!
  • Rachelle_Ohh
    Rachelle_Ohh Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    My daddy took me on dates. He even arranged a date for me for one of my first formal school dances so that I could go. My avatar is me and my dad for his last picture after he got ill. He was the one that gave me a love for family and friends and most of all integrity.

Kids come and go through their life stages and I was no different. But stay who you are and you will have an awesome relationship with them. My daddy was always there to catch me if I REALLY needed it. And in the end, I was there to catch my daddy when he needed it.

All of our cards we sent or gave to each other were addressed: To My Dearest Darling Daughter From: Your Dearest Darling Daddy or vice versa. It was that way for as long as I can remember.

There are not enough special daddies out there for our girls. Thank you for reminding me that there are actually some out there. :heart:

Awww your dad looked so fun! I love his expression! :D

He seemed great, I hope my dad lives very long too! :D
  • MeganDominique
    MeganDominique Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    My dad did and does

im 18 today nearly 19 and last time i was home he took me for lunch, next time im home before college is back in we are going fishing :)

My dad wasnt around when i was little for a few years but he made up for it when he came back and got cleaned up
  • Fairysoul
    Fairysoul Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    My dad used to do that when I was little, such great memories!
  • ChristaFall
    ChristaFall Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    So awesome! The great thing about that is she will not settle for anything less when she gets older because you're showing her how she deserves to be treated :-) You rock!
  • magj0y
    magj0y Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    oooh, I cringe when my kids called me mommy after 5!!

dads are important to little girls! (and big girls)