What birth control are you using?

Options

Replies

• Heaven71
    Heaven71 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Vasectomy! Thank goodness I don't have to take anything anymore, I only miss the depo shot because I had no cycle with it but it cause weight gain.
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    Condoms.

Pills/hormone stuff made me crazy/weepy/suicidal.
  • fakeplastictree
    fakeplastictree Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Abstinence.
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    abstinence... :cry: :sad:
  • mss_anthropy
    mss_anthropy Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    tried selling my uterus on ebay.... they dont want it either...... so i take levora....
  • internicola
    internicola Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Why not look into Natural Fertility Awareness (Napro technology)? Go to WOOMB.org and see what it's about. My wife and I have been doing it naturally for the past 12 years and it's worked great with no drugs, side effects and is morally correct. The Pill fools your body and increases you chances of blot clots, strokes and also affects your mood. The natural way is the only way that you can do in good conscience. Look into it.

It does involve some discipline because you will have periods where you will have to abstain when you are ovulating (about 5 days per cycle) as well as being aware of what your body is doing. Unfortunately, the Pill usually messes you up for a few cycles after you stop taking it. You also need to abstain for one or two full cycles to be able to chart your body's signs. Believe me, it will enrich your married life (if you are married) and foster his respect for your body and the awesomeness of sex as a wonderful God-given gift which has a real and beautiful purpose. The other forms of contraception foster a "sex-on-demand" attitude and starts to encourage the use of each other's body for pleasure and not for happiness (there's a big difference)
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    prayer
  • hvpooly
    hvpooly Posts: 39
    Options
    I have Implanon and have had it for over a year. I love it, no more periods.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    I have Mirena and absolutely would not go back to pills.
  • crazylovergrl
    crazylovergrl Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    lesbianism
    :D
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    prayer

I use that as my back up method when the Todd Akin "legitimate rape" method doesn't work.
  • znkmommy
    znkmommy Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Paragaurd iud I love it
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    lesbianism

Best answer so far.
  • smokinjackd
    Options
    Snip snip snippety snip snip snip, at least that's how I think it happened, don't really know, was stoned on Valium at the time.
  • sabolfitwife
    sabolfitwife Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    I get the Depo shot... I love it, but sadly they say you shouldn't get it for longer than 2 years because it can cause you to lose bone mass (blah blah blah, when my 2 years is up I'll switch). Every 3 months, don't have to think about anything and NO PERIOD! LOVE IT!
  • sabolfitwife
    sabolfitwife Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    I think this is a myth. Could be true in your part, not for sure. I did experience weight gain simply because I ate like crap and sat on my *kitten* all the time. I've lost 30 lbs since I changed my life around. So if you're lazy, I think any thing can cause weight gain, not just birth control. I think a lot of girls just use bc as an excuse. Not calling you out, just saw this post about depo/weight gain.

:-)
  • ahappydancer
    ahappydancer Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    lesbianism

Best answer so far.
    Agreed.
  • smokinjackd
    Options
    QUOTE:

prayer

I use that as my back up method when the Todd Akin "legitimate rape" method doesn't work.

Howard Stern said it best, he said he legitimately raped his hand after he got home from AGT.
  • 4manda76
    4manda76 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Planon

No Forgetting, No Side Effects, No Weight Gain and No Periods.
  • ninjakitty81
    Options
    I think this is a myth. Could be true in your part, not for sure. I did experience weight gain simply because I ate like crap and sat on my *kitten* all the time. I've lost 30 lbs since I changed my life around. So if you're lazy, I think any thing can cause weight gain, not just birth control. I think a lot of girls just use bc as an excuse. Not calling you out, just saw this post about depo/weight gain.

:-)

It's like everything, everyone is effected differently, I know for me the first time round I was doing martial arts twice a week and working out the other 5 days and I put on weight, nothing compared to the amount I put on this time round sitting on my *kitten* doing nothing, but I did put on weigh, and trying to lose those extra pounds was also much harder, I struggled like crazy, shifting my calorie count, my work out routines, my diet all over the place. I couldn't get rid of the extra pounds. When I went off the depo though, within a couple months, everything just melted away like butter.