EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    Miller Lite only has 96 calories!

Yeah cuz it's piss-water.

Don't care. It gets the job done.
  • _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,443 Member
    Options
    You should not be able to easily see through your beer... unless you're in high school... then I suppose its OK. I'm another who likes Guinness for its low calories. I don't usuallly worry about that if I'm treating myself to a beer though.
  • redlion45
    redlion45 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    :drinker: You can drink any beer that you want, but sadly the answer if you really want to stick to a clean diet is NONE. Beer is all carbs and sugar, and makes you want to eat bar food = FAIL. Actually, all alcohol is no bueno for weight loss. Bummer I know, because I love a good beer or three.

That said, one night a week with a couple of beers isn't going to be the end of the world, it just won't help anything you are trying to accomplish.
  • quill16
    quill16 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Miller 64. I love the commercials!!!!!!!!
  • Captain_Spatchcock
    Options
    The most delicious one?
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    Whatever you want, as long as it fits in your cals.

FWIW, most of the beers I drink seem to be in the 140ish cal rage (lagers and ales mostly).

I remember an article (in Men's Health, maybe) that listed the top 10 beers in terms of taste for the calories. Their conclusion... if you're going ot have a beer, have a good beer. The calorie increase over typical light beers isn't significant, but the taste improvement is. IIRC, they had Guinness and Yuengling on their list.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    Delicious ones.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    The most delicious one?

Jinx!

Man, I love a good spatchcock.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Yuengling Lite is 98 calories. Yuengling Lager or Black and Tan is 135. That's not enough of a difference to bother with the light, in my opinion.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    :drinker: You can drink any beer that you want, but sadly the answer if you really want to stick to a clean diet is NONE. Beer is all carbs and sugar, and makes you want to eat bar food = FAIL. Actually, all alcohol is no bueno for weight loss. Bummer I know, because I love a good beer or three.

That said, one night a week with a couple of beers isn't going to be the end of the world, it just won't help anything you are trying to accomplish.

I'm sorry, but that's absurd.

Alcohol is "no bueno"? Why not? If it fits in your cals/macros, what's the problem? As far as the cravings go... that's a self control issue, not a beer/carbs/sugar/alcohol issue.
  • MMoriarty2012
    Options
    Life's too short to drink cheap beer :)
    Amen, sister, amen!

I drink a Dos Equis with Mexican food once a week. Sometimes during the week will also have a Guinness or a Michelob Ultra if I'm in the mood for a Pilsner (I drink it South Dakota style, with a pimento stuffed Spanish green olive in the glass). I usually try to log some extra time on the Fitbit walking on the days I have a beer or eat out.
  • etajr
    etajr Posts: 49
    Options
    GUINNESS
  • abnerner
    abnerner Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    Do a workout before you go and than drink any beer you like. Or for that matter, go over your calories for a night if you want too. Sometimes you gotta go out and have fun. This is a lifestyle change, not a "let's deprive myself of things i love"!
  • jillybeanruns
    jillybeanruns Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    I only drink cheap beer if it's free after a race.

Otherwise it's Sam Adams, Blue Moon, Smithwick's... 55 calories beers are pretty gross. Drink "real" beer.
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    Ever since I've been on my weight plan, I haven't had any type of alcohol and its probably been about two months. My friends invited me to a bar and I would love to go because Im starting to get cabin fever. Im just not sure what to drink at the bar without compromising my calories and I dont want to go back to my current weight all because I didnt know which beer to drink. Any advice?

You can drink any beer you want, personally I'd stay away from the big huge breweries, as their beer isn't very good

Life's too short to drink cheap beer :)

^^Precisely!
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    Whatever kind tastes the most delicious. Just fit it into your cals. Work hard, play hard. I love beer, hell I work for a beer distributor, and while I have cut down my consumption, I haven't sacrificed quality for a diet. I just make sure I'm eating right, have plenty of water to drink, and work off the calories. Even my doctor said drinking beer is totally ok as long as it's not in excess!

And jacksonpt, I so wish we had Yuengling here. God I wish. They're super selective with distributors and we're busting our *kitten* to court them!
  • polar135
    polar135 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I'm a bud light platinum guy, 3 and out and i got a buzz like i drank six for 360 calories:)
  • Captain_Spatchcock
    Options
    Here are some beers that are good to not drink:

Icehouse
    Bud 55
    Miller 65
    Miller Lite
    Coors Lite