Blast from the past! Remember when..

Options

Replies

• monicalosesweight
    monicalosesweight Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    I remember tests that would leak on your fingers and were printed with a bright blue ink. The teacher would run her main copy through a machine. It required that she manually turn a handle to make copies.

I remember the first pong game (before Atari I think) and it had two controllers and was connected to a main station and you could play your siblings with a line and a ball that bounced back and forth. There were no colors and it was black and white. The controllers just had a dial that you twisted.

I remember the battle between Beta and VHS - I know who won and whose practically disappeared now.

I remember having tons of vinyl albums and playing them on my record player. I remember trying to line up the needle without making funky scratching sounds.

I remember the first cellphone for the car. It was huge! My mom would pick it up and it looked like some sort of military technology.
  • yvonneW1964
    yvonneW1964 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I remember when MTV actually played music.
    LOL
  • scottg1024
    scottg1024 Posts: 224
    Options
    I remember when my brother, sister and I WERE the TV remote. And I remember when cartoons came on on Saturday mornings - and by the time Fat Albert came on, you knew they were almost over.

I remember when Saturday Night Live was funny.

I remember when everything was red, white and blue for the bicentennial.
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    Jem...
    Jem is truly outrageous -
    Truly, truly, truly outrageous -
    Woo ooo Jem...
    Jem -
    the music's contagious (outrageous) -

Jem is my name -
    No one else is the same -
    Jem is my name!!

But we're the misfits...
    Our songs are better!! -
    We are the misfits (the misfits) -
    and we're gunna get her!!

I loved gem....but honestly I liked the misfits more.
  • pudadough
    pudadough Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    Computers that ran on DOS. Command prompt. That printer paper with the perforated edges...
  • eyestylemom
    eyestylemom Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Ok...not sure how many people will remember this one, because it was only on for a year. I loved the show Rags to Riches.
  • bmw4deb
    bmw4deb Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    Drive up photo huts
    la gear tennis shoes
    calvin klien jeans
    Flippo
    fritz the night owl
  • splucy
    splucy Posts: 353
    Options
    Remember when everyone was in to reading Goose Bumps and Pokemon Cards...

Remember when the Nokia 3310 was like the coolest phone ever and Snake was the best game!
  • ParaSempreAmor11
    ParaSempreAmor11 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    i remember when disney was actually GOOD DISNEY now its all like you cant sing dance or actor your hired for disney -_-
  • Sassy922
    Sassy922 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I remember tests that would leak on your fingers and were printed with a bright blue ink. The teacher would run her main copy through a machine. It required that she manually turn a handle to make copies.

Dittos!!

I remember those!
    I remember when Cincinnati didn't have a sports curse.

Cartoons were only on on Saturday mornings.

No remotes for TV's.

When Caller ID started.
    When Call Waiting started.

Satellite Dishes that were bigger than your house.
  • Birdie
    Birdie Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I was in an antique store today with a friend and we saw an old pair of rollerskates that clamp on to your shoe. Only these skates had wheels made of some kind of plastic. I showed them to my friend and said "we had these but our wheels were metal" and she says "these must be a newer model". UGH! Even the antique store has stuff we consider "newer"! I'm getting old.
  • aprilOh9
    aprilOh9 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Ok...not sure how many people will remember this one, because it was only on for a year. I loved the show Rags to Riches.

Remember it was based off a made for tv movie? I had that taped on VHS and watched it so many times!
  • EmilyTwist1
    EmilyTwist1 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I remember when gas cost less than $1 a gallon.
  • tubbs_nomore
    Options
    I remember when your Doctor would offer you a cigarette and pass you the ashtray in his office during your visit!! My Dentist used to have a cigarette hanging out of his mouth while he was working on my teeth, as a young child, and whenever he said anything to me ashes would fall off & land in my mouth that was clamped open....GAWD I hated that man!! I remember Commander Tom & Uncle Bobby shows... clackers....broke a few fingers with those things lol We had a corner store that sold "grab bags" of candy....if you bought the 1cent one...you were VERY popular at school...if you were lucky enough to get a 5 cent bag, you had candy for a week! and good stuff too! TV shows like The Time Tunnel, and Land of the Giants...heck, I could go on all night :happy:
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options
    I remember when gas was below $2 a gallon. When gas first hit $2 around me in late 2004/early 2005, I remember really disliking it. Now I wish we could have $2 gas again.

I remember VHS tapes.

The NBA on NBC, and also on CBS before that, but I can't remember that as clearly.
  • WickedBean
    WickedBean Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I remember having to use a card catalog to find things at the library.
    I remember having to fill in the paper to take a book from the library - no barcodes or electronic scanners.
    I remember a time before Google
    I remember when EVERYONE had websites and not just a facebook page.
    I remember DOS .
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    I remember when i was my dad's remote to the tv.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Oh and penny candy was a penny.

Edit...misspelled a word
  • avir8
    avir8 Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    I remember the nintendo cartridges and you had to blow on them to get them to play just right.

Remeber when you could walk your loved one all the way to the terminal at the airport.

Remember perms

Remember when kids had to use their imagination to play a game
  • chlorisaann
    chlorisaann Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Punky Brewster

Webster

Different Strokes

Facts of Life

Alf

CHiPs

Love Boat

Fantasy Island

Mork and Mindy

Land of the Lost

I think I watched too much TV as a kid...

Xanadu

Breakfast Club

16 Candles

St. Elmo's Fire

Did we grow up together?? These are some of my all time faves!!!!