How to repair a damaged metabolism and starvation mode.

Options

Replies

• dosmundos
    Options
    Thanks
  • fittocycle
    fittocycle Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • LaurianRocks
    LaurianRocks Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I need this man's books!
  • nellelaughs
    Options
    I found it interesting that as you increase calories after a restrictive diet, you only have to hold for one week before analyzing results- I would have thought 3 to 4 weeks would be necessary.
  • kajpen
    kajpen Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Great info. I like Tom Venuto, and bought his book several years ago.
  • Doberdawn
    Doberdawn Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • lmc8774
    lmc8774 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Jgen62
    Jgen62 Posts: 66
    Options
    Bump for later
  • volume77
    volume77 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    awesome thanks!!
  • ruthmiriam
    ruthmiriam Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting! I'm bumping in case I need it later.
  • Cheri_Moves
    Cheri_Moves Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Thank you for this!!! I know first hand EXACTLY what this article is talking about.

I only disagree with "meal frequency". There is enough evidence to back the idea of Intermittent fasting as a successful approach to fat loss that I have to disagree. Although, I DO agree with feeding at regular times. About the same times each day.

Again, THANK YOU!!!

ETA: Another great resource on this subject are books by Leigh Peele, fat loss trouble shoot and the metabolic repair manual.
  • skanabar
    skanabar Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    bump
  • BarbaraC47
    BarbaraC47 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Read all of this and copied to friends also!! Its amazing how little information I had before reading it. Most enlightening and explains why, after eating a meal of 2,000 calories on a weekend break (high carb) I could walk up and down our hotel room while my partner showered and after increasing my walking for the week I managed not to have put any weight on for the week...

You have given me the knowledge to continue my journey in a more appropriate way - many thanks!!
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    Bump because it explain better than I could.
  • rogerbosch
    rogerbosch Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • 70davis
    70davis Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • emnpepper
    emnpepper Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • sinclare
    sinclare Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    brilliant. thank you very much.. :)
  • zechks
    zechks Posts: 224
    Options
    During the post-training window of opportunity, not only will the carbs NOT get stored as fat, (they’ll get sucked right up into muscle glycogen), this strategy can dramatically improve your body composition and workout recovery

Can anyone tell me how long this "post-training window of opportunity" is, when one can eat carbs? From what I've read, this might be a good time to have a protein shake or something similar.

Thanks!

Immediately after workout is a good time to take your protein shake with fast carbs as this will be absorbed very quickly by your glycogen depleted body and the protein will be used immediately for muscle repair. The most articles I've read from bodybuilding sites said that the "window of opportunity" could be within 30 minutes after working out. This is a good approach, well at least for me. I've been doing it for a couple of years now and the results and my recovery is way better compared when I was a total noob and not taking my protein and fast carbs right away post workout. You still have to eat a complete meal an hour after your post workout shake though. I hope this helps. ;)
  • runfreddyrun
    runfreddyrun Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    when he talks about eating at your maintenance calories for a week every 12 weeks to switch things up, is he referring to your maintenance calories at your current weight or your target weight? this is an important distinction.