Starting before picture. Trying not to cry.

Options
1235»

Replies

• Miss_dannii
    Miss_dannii Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    Well done for posting it. I wish I took before pictures so that I could be brave enough to post them! But I probably wouldn't be brave enough even if I did!! My tummy was very similar to yours. I started at 241 in January. You can do this, I promise! Feel free to add me x
  • Elizaj85
    Elizaj85 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    you are really brave and that's beautiful! and you are being honest with yourself, you can do this! Good luck an if you need any help then you have everyone to help :-)
  • vacherin
    vacherin Posts: 192
    Options
    You are a courageous lady - it's relatively easy to post "before" pictures when you also have "after" pictures that clearly show results, but far more difficult to post pictures when you are starting out. I don't really have any "before" pictures as most of them went into the bin (!), but I do have a couple of "before" items of clothing which I keep to remind myself how far I have come. This weekend I was also able to dump 3 massive black bags full of fat clothes into a charity bin, which was a really good feeling!

My starting weight was the same as yours, and my ideal weight is 5lbs above your goal so we are pretty similar! I won't pretend it's an easy journey because it's not, but people here are very supportive. The first step is the hardest and you have done that - good luck! Feel free to add me if you like!
  • nomena
    nomena Posts: 165
    Options
    Welcome here! You don't need to feel the least bit ashamed or embarrassed, everyone here is here to change and improve, no matter what their starting is. Feel free to add me if you want more support!
  • uwdawg07
    uwdawg07 Posts: 372
    Options
    You are very brave for posting the photo. We are all here to support you and you will do this!!
  • 2LoveEnnisMccall6
    Options
    Just think of the time you have a progress picture and youre feeling happy about it and proud to show it off and that will happen you're on mfp so you'll get progress, put the hard work in and receive support from the lovely people on here :-D
  • rjcelmer
    rjcelmer Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Awesome. Way to go! Really.

Getting healthy is impossible without being completely honest and open with yourself and a VERY powerful part of that is to put yourself out there for the world to see. That way, you can't hide behind your fears.

You shouldn't be embarrassed to want to get yourself healthy. You should be proud of your decision!

Be honest with yourself, log your calories and exercise (or lack thereof) and changes will come. Here's to a new, healthier you!
  • em9371
    em9371 Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    Your starting weight is what I weigh after 10 months and 62lbs so its not that bad, I would have loved to be starting at 182.

Its good that you have starting pics and measurements then you can see how well you have done, you have great legs and its totally normal not to have a perfect tummy area after only having a baby in June!!!! Everyone on here is really nice, and you will soon be on your way to your goal weight :-)
  • Christi6604
    Christi6604 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    You'll be SO glad you took this picture later. When you have that smokin hot after pic.

I wish I would have taken a before.
  • emstethem
    emstethem Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    You are so brave to do a before picture. I am still working up my courage. Don't cry! You CAN DO THIS! :) Friend me if you want. I need motivation...
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    Your body grew two babies inside of it. Who but a mother sacrifices their bodies, their comfort, at times their self esteem, their wants, their time, their sleep and their sanity all for another person? Your body took a while to gain the weight and had a very good reason to gain, and now you can reward it for all its hard work by taking care of it, exercising and nourishing it.
  • ttiffanymariee
    Options
    You are way more brave then me! I have wanted to post a before picture to track my weight loss, but I'm too scared!! So kudos to you!!
  • lizMMedrano
    lizMMedrano Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    You are not alone here- Don't cry you have taken the first steps to your important journey. You will do great! While I am new here, I can see that this site is full of kindness and support.
  • KalikaRae
    KalikaRae Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Thanx so much everyone. Ive been at this for bout 10days and havent quit. 1 day at a time right?
  • Restybaby2012
    Restybaby2012 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Ok, this is totally embarrasing, and Im trying not to cry looking at this. I took a pic today to serve as my before pic, and to add a little motivation to my weight loss journey. Im at 182 lbs right now. My belly is my biggest problem area right now. Though I also do want to tone up my legs and my arms as well. I was 135 when I met my hubby and very athletic. He still says I look the same and im beautiful and while thats sweet and romantic, the picture proves I dont look the same. I wanna be healthy again. And I want energy to keep up with my family. Heres hoping Ive got the strength to stick with it.

August 19th. 2012. 182 lbs. Chest 43". Waist 41". Hips 44". Thighs 25". BMI 30.3

Kalika............dont cry Little One. You've done good by posting this picture...it shows extreme strength. Hell girl......Im tougher than shoe leather and older than dirt and dont have the kahunas to post a before OR an after pic when I get there.

But I invite you to join me in my new motto:

"I am not a Princess, I dont need saving............I AM A QUEEN.......I got this *kitten* handled!!!!"

THEQUEEN.jpg
  • MamaMaryC
    MamaMaryC Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Used to be a tad over 200. So I know personally how you feel. My weight gain was from having kids and hubby used to say the same things.

This pic may be depressing but use it as a motivator to work toward the body you want. You have to start somewhere. But it can be done. It is hard work but it is worth it. I lost 69 lbs. It took me 6 years of on-again-off-again lifestyle change, Zumba, and Turbo Jam. But I got here. You can do it. So chin up sweetie. I am here for motivation and support if you ever have need.
  • rjsimpson2002
    rjsimpson2002 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I admire you and how brave you are - don't cry: look at all the before and after success stories there are on mfp - one day you will be one of them xx
  • para999sal
    Options
    Try looking at the positives.
    Your body looks fine, you have a tummy like most of us women.
    My tummy was the same but after some hard work, sweat and tears it started to shrink.
    We are all here to support you.:wink::wink:
  • Elle562018
    Elle562018 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    You are very brave. I asked my husband to take a picture of me too and almost cried. Everytime I look at my photos it gives me motivation to eat healthy and exercise. We can do it! The one the helps me was buying the heart rate monitor and a food weighing scale. Good luck on your weight loss!