How often / long do you workout?

Options

Replies

• MsTT80
    MsTT80 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    15 min walk plus 15 min yoga and toning exercises as a minimum daily. Sometimes like today, I will walk a little longer.

I also aim to do 1 long walk a week....3-5 miles.
  • Graceious1
    Graceious1 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    Mine is:
    Taekwondo 2 hours a week
    Run 40 minutes a week
    Circuit 40 minutes a week
  • MyTime1207
    MyTime1207 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    It all depends on your personal goals; 20 minutes or an hour. If you have been working out for a while and your body is use to it, you may just need to change your routine and not necessarily the amount of time.
  • rladd6421
    rladd6421 Posts: 455
    Options
    i work out 5-6x/wk and on weight training days 60 min on weights and 30-45 min on cardio, just cardio days 60-120 min of cardio.
  • djmauck
    djmauck Posts: 18
    Options
    I do CrossFit 3-4 times a week, which takes between 25-40 minutes. Sometimes I go for a 3-5 mile run once a week, too. One of the things I like best about CrossFit is that it combines strength and cardio in one workout. I don't like spending a lot of time in the gym.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Weight days - 40 minutes to an hour.

Cardio days - 30-60 minutes.

IMO, the point isn't to work out for hours and hours - it's to get a good workout in and get out of there.

Same. Weights are 2-3 times a week, cardio (running) is 3 times a week.
  • 2Bgoddess
    2Bgoddess Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    recently ramped things up a bit. gym-cardio-15 min, weights30-45 min. 6X a week. cardio-zumba-60 min 2x a week. I return to work next week, i bet it will be gym 3X a week and zumba 2X.
  • joybedford
    joybedford Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    I usually do an hour at least 6 days a week I lift 3 times a week and run 3 times a week. Yesterday I did 2hr20mins because it was long run day. Sometimes do cardio and weights on the same day. If I am on nights it might be less as I don't get much time to sleep( only while the kids are at school) . I try to have 1 rest day a week but not always. I also walk a lot as I walk the kids to school 2-3 times a day, week days only.
  • LisaWilson2012
    LisaWilson2012 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I try to do about 40 minutes weights with 20 minute HIIT, 1 min walk, 1 min run afterwards. If you're going to weights and cardio on the same day, ALWAYS do your weights first.
  • Troll
    Troll Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    All together about 4 hours a day. Between taking my dogs on runs, strength training, cardio and tennis with my fiance
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    weights and cardio days I work out about 30 minutes. Zumba days about an hour. I also wear a Fitbit all day except when I am consciously exercising and burn both walking and stair climbing calories.
  • Jennacita
    Jennacita Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I aim for 4-6 days a week. Mix of cardio and weights. Work days usually 30-45 minute workouts. Non workout days 30-90 minutes depends on my mood and what I have going on that day. I workout at home with Cathe and other various instructors.
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    I've been working out 4-6 days a week for about 30-45. I always do cardio, but some days I throw in some weights.
  • mocha106
    mocha106 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Weight days - 40 minutes to an hour.

Cardio days - 30-60 minutes.

IMO, the point isn't to work out for hours and hours - it's to get a good workout in and get out of there.

I agree 100%
  • Allie_71
    Allie_71 Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    I teach at a gym, so my schedule looks like this:

Mon 60 minutes hip hop, 60 minutes zumba

Tue 60 minutes zumba

Wed 60 minutes belly dance, 30 minutes weights

Thurs, 60 minutes trampoline, 60 minutes zumba, 60 minutes hip hop, 30 minutes weights.

Fri 60 minutes weight class, 60 minutes trampoline, 60 minutes zumba

Sat 60 minutes hip hop

Sunday 60 minutes personal trainer, TRX/crossfit.
  • theman49
    theman49 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    What days do I workout?

Everyday of course!
  • martoosha
    Options
    My workouts are a bit more intense as I'm prepping for a fitness competition but I weight train 5 to 6 times a week and do cardio every day.

My training falls 3 days on, 1 day off and on and on. My cardio is 45 minutes every day.
  • para999sal
    Options
    I try and do at least 20 mins a day and two, one hr sessions at the gym.:flowerforyou:
  • BSchoberg
    BSchoberg Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    60 min cardio 4x and 60 min weight training 2x - sometimes 3x. I'd like to have a solid 3x on weights, just can't work my schedule around it.

(this doesn't count the half hour walk I take each morning with the dog --- I count the calories expended, since I'm set at a sedentary activity level, but don't consider it a "real" workout)
  • yaddayaddayadda
    yaddayaddayadda Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Almost every day... for 1 to 2 hours depending on how much time I have. I walk and take Yoga classes.:happy: