What to have in place of morning coffee

Options
2»

Replies

• TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options

If u really want to you will do, "i must have caffeine" is a mental thing not a phyiscal one

Actually, caffeine addiction is real, and has real physical withdrawal symptoms.
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    I am sure that it's more habit that I miss so much, but I don't know what to replace it with.

What would you suggest that I try?

It may not just be a habit, you may have a mild caffeine dependency. Caffeine is a stimulant, and in small quantities, it's good for brain function.

Is the problem caffeine, fat, or foods with strong flavors?

Could you have one small cup of coffee with skim milk? What about an espresso drink (espresso has less caffeine than regular coffee) with a lot of steamed skim milk? That will give you a boost and be filling. Drop the chocolate and caffeinated soda. Perhaps you could try natural sodas without caffeine. The low-calorie brands have artificial sweeteners, which is another problem, however.
  • pctyme4me
    Options
    My doctor told me the same thing. i started drinking herbal tea that I purchase by the ounce and try mixing different types.
  • Hartbeatak
    Hartbeatak Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    You could try wrestling bears, that will wake you up! I just stick with tea and honey (we raise our own bees so we've got plenty of it) and drink peppermint tea for all it's qualities for your system. And a glass of water as soon as you wake up to get your organs and joints woke up as well.
  • lhergenr
    lhergenr Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Yerba mate
    ditto! i love it with almond milk mixed in.
  • BrazenHarpy
    BrazenHarpy Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Yerba mate

I second this. Yerba mate will crack you out in a way that coffee can't even compare :).
  • mocha106
    mocha106 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Green tea maybe?

I was going to suggest the same thing

This was my suggestion as well.
  • km202
    km202 Posts: 112
    Options
    this could sound crazy, but AN APPLE. It wakes you up MORE than a cup of coffee. dont' know how, but its proven to work. and then i would drink your morning juice, or water with it. i have tried it, it works :) and ever so tasty for around 90 calories!

An apple really does have more caffeine than a cup of coffee, plus the added benefits of eating an apple everyday! Good luck! I had metabolism problems a year back and my doctor had encouraged me to eat at least one apple a day and it really does help.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    If I couldn't have my morning coffee, I would be reaching for tea (I prefer green tea, or jasmine tea). I had to do that when I was preggo because the acid of coffee was really upsetting my stomach. The tea didn't bother me at all.

Good luck - and when you get closer to your goal, you may find the stomach problems are a lot less!
  • nphillips0124
    Options
    Tea! I have GERD and tea was a lot easier on my stomach when I couldn't stomach coffee due to my stupid stomach. I really like Teavana's 'Javavana' blend- it's got a good amount of caffeine and is great for a pick-me-upper!

Bear in mind that anything with caffeine can irritate your stomach, so make sure with your MD that you should be drinking anything caffeinated :)
  • para999sal
    Options
    I have one cup of tea every morning and water or herbal tea for the rest of the day.:drinker:
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    if you're looking for something to wake you up, then getting enough sleep does wonders :wink:

if you just like drinking something hot in the morning try chai tea.
  • deepfuture
    deepfuture Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I have an aunt with that problem and she has hot water with honey ..
  • sherpasmom
    sherpasmom Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Morning yoga ♥ I've noticed every day when I do my yoga, I'm drinking coffee for enjoyment not because I need it. Some inverted poses like standing forward bend, downward dog, nothing big, can make a huge difference. I also wash my face with a lemon soap before hand and the citrus is an eye opener.