Beautiful Blues1/19/10

Options
debnu1
debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
challenge10.JPG

Heres our new chart. It was a week of standstill and movement, but no gains!! Although I have to admit I did not weigh myself I was lower on friday before my "binge" weekend. I promise to go back on course and be a significant change next week! Congratulations to all of you who lost!

Replies

• Taradise
    Taradise Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    hehe.... I'm first to reply!

Go Blues!!! Off to a great start this week. Just got back from a boxing class. Already have my food planned for tomorrow.
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    mmm...spaghetti with turkey meatballs for supper - I've been smelling the sauce cooking all day....I AM HUNGRY!

Ran 2.75 miles walked 1 at lunch
  • smadag1
    smadag1 Posts: 1,368
    Options
    bumpity
  • j_g4ever
    j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
    Options
    So I went to the doctor today and she dropped my Ideal weight to 135. that is kinda what I wanted to get to anyways. She suggested that I bump up my exercise to 1 hour of just cardio and then I can do my ab workout everyday also. She also said to do strentgh training 3 times a week. I asked about my eating habits and also about eating my exercise calories. She said to eat a bigger breakfast and lunch and maybe just a snack for supper. Also, I have to change my sleeping habits. So my goal is to start going to bed at midnight if not a little bit earlier and then waking up with the kids each morning and exercising. that way I know how many calories I have to eat and not trying to eat them all during the end of the night. I'm going to take tonight off of exercise and start all new tomorrow.

Thank you everyone for your support.
  • MayLan
    MayLan Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    Hi blues,

I think we are off to a great start !!! It sounds like everyone is on their A game

debnu- You can do it girl!!! Good job your BL challenge

jg- Awesome job on seeing a doctor about your weight loss. I think you have it all planned out and it sounds great!!!!

I've been really busy with grad school and now I'm back in a routine. School break is over so no more watching endless tv. I have a routine planned out so that I can fit in everything in to my busy life and I'm so happy because I have support here in MFP to do this. I think that as long as I plan my meal and plan a workout in there, and plan studies, and my baby is taken care off, I will be okay. I am also applying to jobs and am beginning to get phone interviews.

Today I did Jillian Michael's banish fat boost metabolism and ab ripper x from p90x for a total of 65 minutes. I was sweating bullets. Seriously the ab ripper x is doing a great job on my abs and I'm keeping positive.

Stay strong, beautiful blues!!!!!
  • mrwatson
    Options
    For the most part, it looks like most everyone is headed in the right direction.

Good Job Blues! :drinker:

I hope to stick to the basics again this week. It seems to be working for me.
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    Hey, what day is weigh in. Sorry, forgot to put it in as I'm on stinky night shift. Weigh in Mondays?
  • debnu1
    debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    Yep its on Monday's, sorry I didn't message you this time. We'll get you next week though. Hope the night shifts are treating you well.

j-g, how much sleep have you been getting? That really could make the difference, when I stopped working night shifts and started getting 8 hours of sleep every night I dropped 10 lbs really easily. Just something to think about. I always feel better if I am going to bed around 10 or thereabouts. I don't seem to get as tired during the day--I guess It all goes back to the saying, early to bed, early to rise, makes a man healthy wealthy and wise!

:flowerforyou:
  • sanifrey
    sanifrey Posts: 2,355 Member
    Options
    Hey Blues!!

Here's to a new week!! :drinker:

Chrissy, how funny is it that I had turkey meatballs & angel hair pasta today too!! Yumm-OH!! So delicious!!

j-g, I'm so happy for you that you went to your DR & got some good advice! Sounds like a good game plan! We're all here for you & rooting for you! You can do it!

Have a great night everyone!! I'm excited for the Biggest Loser tonight!!
  • msh0530
    msh0530 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    OK, it's a new week. You know what I'm going to say. Team huddle . . . on three . . . GO BLUE!
  • msh0530
    msh0530 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    Tonight's supper: Tortilla Pie. I liked the recipe so thought that I would share. I used cottage cheese instead of ricotta.

http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/Tortilla-Pie
  • j_g4ever
    Options
    Thank you everyone!!!! 10pm seems so early. If I can get to midnight that would be two or three earlier than I am right now. So then we can work on 11pm. one step at a time. I actually took my computer in there to show her before and thus far pictures. She said "I haven't seen people do that before" I wanted to show her my progress. Then I showed how I'm counting my calories and how many calories I have been burning on a normally. she seem very excited. My new goal is now 135 that will put me in the middle. I'm keeping my ticker at 140 however. I guess I'm not as tall as I thought. I'm only 5'6 not 5'7 I must have shrunk. he he.
  • MayLan
    MayLan Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    THe biggest loser tonight was really motivating!! And entertaining!!! hehehe.... :)
  • j_g4ever
    Options
    yes I loved the biggest loser tonight
  • shutterbug4674
    shutterbug4674 Posts: 3,690 Member
    Options
    GO BLUES...I'll catch up to you, I promise!
  • Taradise
    Taradise Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    msh0530 - tortilla pie looks fantastic!! I will have to try that... first, I'll have to buy a pie plate to bake it in!

j_g4ever - I have no clue how you stay up so late!! You remind me of my husband. Goes to bed at 12 - 1 am, wakes up at 6:30 am. I am one of those weird people that go to bed between 9 - 10 am every night and if I don't, I get really cranky.... like a child!! Glad that you went to the doctor and she offered some helpful tips.

I'll have to catch up on the BL. We watch the shows online but we are usually a week behind.

Tonight is a step aerobics class!! Can't wait to kick butt! Made a point to get in some extra fruits and veggies today.
  • j_g4ever
    Options
    Bright and early here. As soon as I got the kids out of bed I got on the treadmill and got 3miles down which took about 50 mins. I did 3 mins up and down the stairs and then 2 mins walking around the house recovering my heart rate. I burned 1,088 calories. HOLY **** I can't believe that. I need to eat a BIG breakfast and then get some stuff done around the house. I need to get laundry done that alone is never ending. I got my to do list so I think after lunch I will get that done and maybe take a small nap because I'm just not use to getting up this early yet.I think tonight I shall be going to bed a little bit earlier. I'm hoping to get to bed at 10:30 in the long end but we will have to see what the feature holds for me. I still love my naps so its going to be hard to put that one to a halt.

I hope everyone is having a wonderful day everyone and will keep on checking in.
  • chrissyh
    Options
    Jess- I'm only 5'5" and I had my goal set at 149 when I originally set it...I would like to get to 139 BUT I am leaving my ticker alone as it's the goal I set out to acheive when I started my journey and come hell or high water - I will acheive that goal and it will be the first time in my life that I acutally set a BIG goal in loss and acheived it. I'd always get close enough...well close enough will be by going beyond it this time.

Oh and just so you all know - I am hell bent on showing a loss this week-no excuses, no whining.....going to run 6 miles at lunch!
  • Leigh14
    Leigh14 Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! Sorry I forgot to weigh-in this week. :frown: I actually haven't stepped on a scale since the Friday before last.

This Thursday I got really sick at work and went home around 2. Turns out I have walking pneumonia. Go figure! So I laid around Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday. Got back to work on Tuesday, haven't worked out, got some meds, and am on my way to recovery. I feel great, but I have all this junk in my lungs that I'm trying to get rid of. Ew. I don't think I've lost any weight ... but, I don't know where I'm at on the scale. This weekend I either didn't eat at all (or very little) or I overate at a couple meals. I was just either not hungry or starving. Ugh. I plan on getting back in the gym on Thursday.

j_g - your renewed motivation is great!! I'm glad you feel you can talk to your doctor like that and show her your progress. It's hard to find a great physician you can trust and who believes in you. Congrats on the huge calorie burn!!!! Love it!!! :drinker:

Chrissy - six miles?!?!?! I envy you ... and then, I don't. :laugh: :wink: Wow. That is a lot!! Could you have ever imagined you'd be running six miles 87 pounds ago??

Biggest Loser was awesome last night ... I agree. :heart: I can't wait till next week!
  • chrissyh
    Options

Chrissy - six miles?!?!?! I envy you ... and then, I don't. :laugh: :wink: Wow. That is a lot!! Could you have ever imagined you'd be running six miles 87 pounds ago??

Biggest Loser was awesome last night ... I agree. :heart: I can't wait till next week!

Leigh-be careful when it's in your lungs you need to rest and get better! Hope it happens soon.

No I always said - I CAN'T RUN...now I cringe when people tell me that and I want to shake them and say.....you can do it if YOU WANT TO. Furthest I've (ever) run was this past Sat - did 8 miles plus walked 1....love it when I step to the next distance!

Missed BL last night but saw the 2 minute recap and who was voted off - no love lost there. After last week where she totally let her fear hurt her and he son's chances....just get on the beam lady! And Bob and Jillian onto the Red girl (Lance's wife - can't think of her name) - WOW.