My NSV - the seat belt challenge

Options
gerripho
gerripho Posts: 479 Member
In my own car, fastening the seat belt has been no problem. But when I would ride as a passanger in my daughter's car, the seat belt fastens at my left hip, and I would have to ask for her help. First, it wasn't an automatic habit motion. Second, I could never see the dang thing because my fat *kitten* spilt over and obscured it. After these several months, I visited her and had the occassion to be the passanger. Without even thinking about it, I got in, grabbed the belt, glanced down and SAW where it was to go, and CLICK, I was IN! Didn't have to ask for her help! When I realized what I had done, I nearly cried for joy! Thought I'd share.

Replies

• tdbernrd
    tdbernrd Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • xHelloQuincyx
    xHelloQuincyx Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    that is so amazing <3
  • corrieville
    corrieville Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    That is a GREAT NSV!!!! Congrats on your journey so far.
  • Squiggs67
    Squiggs67 Posts: 178
    Options
    That story made me smile. Happy for you :smile:
  • acalvitt
    acalvitt Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on reaching another milestone! Keep up the good work! :smile:
  • ktsmom430
    ktsmom430 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    Good for you!:happy: Milestones are so wonderful, and for me at least, help to keep me focused!
    I know the feeling. Come to think of it, I can not remember the last time I rode in our truck, either pre-MFP, or shortly after I started MFP, I can't wait to see if I can actually see it to fasten it.
  • RealWomenLovePitbulls
    Options
    that's great!!
  • dls0129
    dls0129 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    It's the NSV that make me smile the most!
  • half_moon
    half_moon Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    I love this!!! It's so nice not having to peer over to see where the clicker is. I noticed that NSV, too!! Congrats!
  • hollynono
    hollynono Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Hey, Great- keep it up!
  • amohamy
    amohamy Posts: 30
    Options
    Congratulations :) It's inspirational hearing peoples stories even if it's a small milestone :)
  • kali31337
    kali31337 Posts: 1,048 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!
  • sef0057
    sef0057 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    That is great! :)
  • reddog101
    Options
    Your post is one I can definitely identify with. Those everyday kind of success markers are the best for me. Congratulations - I am happy for you!!!
  • mstifb
    mstifb Posts: 230
    Options
    That's great! What was your daughter's response? I bet she was thrilled for you also! :flowerforyou:
  • tigerlinly
    tigerlinly Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    in moms car i cant get teh seatbelt on at all to click. when i drive her car i have to slide the seat all the way back put the seatbelt on then have someone slide the seat back up so i can reach the pedalslooking for the day i can do both tasks on my own the front would come easier i'm sure since the back seat strap only goes to my hip and wont even touch the clasp to lock in
  • dedrake
    dedrake Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Congrats Gerri!!!!
  • dizneedana
    dizneedana Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Wow, your NSV is a big milestone! Keep it up girl! Thanks for sharing! You're an inspiration!
  • alarae
    alarae Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    That was a wonderful nsv!
  • freeasharold
    freeasharold Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    really great NSV :) Congrats!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!