how soon do you eat breakfast?

Options
124»

Replies

• Brandon74
    Brandon74 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I eat breakfast within the first hour of getting up. Whether it is a smoothie or something easy to fix. Same goes for weekends. I get up at 6AM on the weekends to get ready for gym and usually fix something.
  • loztredders
    Options
    I usually wake up pretty hungry so after I've managed to drag myself out of bed, I have breakfast straight away.
    It really doesn't matter though, your metabolism is constantly ticking over at all times, it isn't 'kick-started' each day.
  • roduk
    roduk Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Protein based smoothie first thing around 6 am, it's icy cold and wakes me up.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    the general consensus is that Breakfast should be eaten within 40mins to 1hr after rising in the morning - Maintaining constant blood sugar levels is key to both weight loss and fat burning - failure to do so often leads to hunger pangs and binging of carb rich snacks Just because you can go all morning without brekkie doesn't mean it's good for you or your body and is usually the reason why people crave carb rich foods at later times during the day.
    Blood sugar level has nothing to do with when you eat. The human body maintains steady blood sugar levels on a constant basis, barring a major disease.
  • xoxobollywood1991
    Options
    I wake up at around 6.45 - 7.00 AM. I'll first fill my empty stomach with a bottle of water. About 5-10 mins later i'll have my breakfast.
  • Mich4871
    Mich4871 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Usually within an hour of getting up. I try to eat with my kids.

If I have something like a 5 or 6 oz cup of greek yogurt because we're pressed for time, I usually have a snack about an hour/hour and a half later (I keep Kashi Go Lean bars or Fiber One bars in my bag and car).
  • pip670
    pip670 Posts: 3
    Options
    the general consensus is that Breakfast should be eaten within 40mins to 1hr after rising in the morning - Maintaining constant blood sugar levels is key to both weight loss and fat burning - failure to do so often leads to hunger pangs and binging of carb rich snacks Just because you can go all morning without brekkie doesn't mean it's good for you or your body and is usually the reason why people crave carb rich foods at later times during the day.

False.

True actually!
  • DonC77
    DonC77 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I don't eat breakfast, and I would base your decision on "when to eat" entirely on personal preference.

Some people have BETTER dietary adherence by not eating breakfast. Some people will need to eat breakfast.

From a physiological standpoint (metabolic effects), it is entirely irrelevant. From a behavior standpoint it IS relevant, but that effect varies from person to person.

Behavior point spot on for me. If I don't eat I get cranky,,, not a pretty sight. But completely agree, you do what works for you. I am at the gym most morning by 5am. I have a pre work out drink and post work out shake, breakfast about 1.5 hours after the work out.
    I have read you should eat a pre work out meal about 2 hours before lifting. I am not getting up at 3 am to eat. Doing the above works for me so that is what I do. Wen it stops working I will look to change it.

I do eat 6 meals through out the day.and plenty of water.
  • ToughTulip
    ToughTulip Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    I normally get up at 6 am and eat my first meal around 12 when I have a break
  • corgihugger
    Options
    until my stomach starts growling
  • astrylian
    astrylian Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I am usually pressured for time in the mornings during the school semester, so I eat something quickly after I wake up and take a sh ower, or I pack a small something to eat when I get in the classroom.
  • MrsWilsoncroft
    MrsWilsoncroft Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    I'm not much of a breakfast person so tend to have something light in the mornings.
    I usually eat within an hour of waking up, I can never eat right away as I'm far too sleepy x
  • Jimmytreatingtons
    Jimmytreatingtons Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    i looked around a bit to see if this has been posted before and i didn't really find anything, so eh, here it goes:
    how soon do you wait after you wake up to eat breakfast?
    i woke up at 8:20ish and it's 9:45ish right now.
    i'm just starting to get a little hungry now, but i've had people tell me that you should eat immediately after waking up and going to the bathroom. i've also had people say that as long as you eat within the first hour it's fine and then there's been people telling me that you just eat when you get hungry.
    i'm really, really confused.
    which one is it? does anyone know?
    thank you all :)

Depends on you really, I walk between 1 & 1.5 miles to get to work in the Morning so i tend to eat something straight away, say a piece of toast but I eat again about 2 hours later. don't think there is a right or a wrong answer everybody is different.
  • snappled
    snappled Posts: 48
    Options
    Monday through Saturday at 4:45 am
    Sunday whenever i wake up

Its a banana and water shortly after
    just started it a couple of days ago.
  • amanda_ataraxia
    amanda_ataraxia Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I wake up around 6:30am and I don't have my first meal (other than coffee) until 10am.
  • MrsHarris6
    MrsHarris6 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I eat within 1 hour of waking up. It is generally not what I call breakfast though. When I get up, I drink 1 glass of water before anything else touches my belly. This keeps me from eating TOO much because I THINK I'm starving. Then I'll grab a piece of fruit so that I have something on my stomach until I get to work. When I get to work, I usually sit and enjoy breakfast. This is generally 1.5-2 hours after I wake up. Hope this helps!!