400-Calorie Loaded Veggie Pizza (With Pics!)

Options

Replies

• ToxicTinkerbell
    ToxicTinkerbell Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Inspired by this post, I made this for dinner last night. It was soooo good! I used sliced tomato instead of a sauce and less veggies with chicken. Came in at around 240 cals and it tasted like normal pizza! Thanks!
  • quietstormz_wehcnage
    Options
    Try browning your tortilla on both sides in a non stick pan before adding your other stuff an then put in oven ,crispier,seen it done on utube,hope it helps!!
  • amohamy
    amohamy Posts: 30
    Options
    Looks really good! :)
  • quietstormz_wehcnage
    Options
    Try browning your tortilla on both sides in a non stick pan before adding your other stuff an then put in oven ,crispier,seen it done on utube,hope it helps!!:smile:
  • shortnerdy
    shortnerdy Posts: 131
    Options
    I made my own version using this idea as a base and OMG such an amazing idea. I love it. Thanks again for posting so delicious
  • MetamorphosisMe
    MetamorphosisMe Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Mmmmmm........looks really good!
  • Leeanne1974
    Leeanne1974 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Got mine in the oven as I write!
    Sprinkled some mixed herbs, garlic salt and a little bit of frozen sweetcorn on it, on top of a sprinkling of Mozzerella, some Ragu tomato and basil pasta sauce and 2 slices of turkey sandwich slices torn up..

Am so excited lol!
  • BSummers321
    BSummers321 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I've actually been making something similar for dinner all week.

Here is what I've been doing:

Pre-heat the wrap in grill for a minute or 2 (turning half way through) to toast it/make it crispy.

Warbuton's square wrap (159 calories each, but it still far less calories then a pizza base), with 100g (I would use half of that since it comes out soggy - but I like sauce!) generic Italian pasta or pizza sauce - I used the Tomato and Herb Pasta master sauce from Lidl, since it was cheap (only 20something pence!) which is 33 calories, add any toppings you want. At first I wanted to add a lot but you end up overloading the pizza, so I only used half, I used half a bell pepper/capsicum - 19 calories (probably even less calories but the one I used in the list came to that), 100g mushrooms - 22 calories, half a ball of low fat mozzarella - about 62g, lidl linessa Mozzarella - 103 calories and 35g canned Tuna for 37 calories - came to 373 calories for the whole Pizza!

I didn't have Mozzarella today so used two slices of low low cheese for burger slices - 30 calories each! and used onion instead of bell pepper and it tasted even better (think I prefer the taste of cheddar) and it was only 337 calories. Feel like I'm cheating on my diet here :P

I've been eating it with coleslaw (with yogurt not mayo!) and stir fry veg.

It was a pretty cheap meal, since I bought the wraps when they were reduced in price and put them in the freezer.

I've been making it under the grill probably only took about 5 to 6 minutes to prepare and cook, very easy!
  • joeandcarmen
    joeandcarmen Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    That looks really good. Thanks for sharing and posting the pictures!
  • tennisbabe94
    tennisbabe94 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Yummy!!
  • Chiquita_Bonita
    Options
    yum! looks great!
  • rosalee87
    rosalee87 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    bump
  • lilaclove2
    Options
    YUM!
  • runnergirl109
    runnergirl109 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Violetta86
    Violetta86 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I made this today and it was so easy and delicious! I used a 100 calorie whole grain tortilla and added boar's head turkey pepperoni *(1oz) and it was still under 400 cal. Thanks so much for the idea. This is a keeper.
  • swarla
    swarla Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    This pizza has sparked a craving, I cannot wait to try this! I have tried on pita bread and add a slice or two of ham, and it is very good.
  • apocalypsepwnie
    Options
    that looks really good!!! I have tried that but mine always ends up kind of soft and soggy in the center and reeeaaaal crispy on the outside lol ....not sure what I set the oven at though....prolly rushed it lol

That does have a tendency to happen. I leave mine in a bit longer and there are also pizza pans with tiny holes in them if one was so inclined. Think they help that issue :)

I use the pizza pan with the holes and mine are perfect. However I only use half a cup of cheese and make sure all my toppings are even on the pizza all the way to the edge.

Got the thumbs up from my chef boyfriend last night and honestly, these take less effort than ordering online. Next time it's 'pizza night' we will be having these instead. I get to eat enough to fill me up with 1/4 of the cals and fat (I checked last night compared to the pizza I usually have) and they are a great quick way to get all my needs in before and after derby and I can keep getting ready while it's in the oven.
    We had steak-pizza-pasta night after a hard training session for less than 600 cals!!! WHOO! And I wasn't STARVING last night or this morning.
  • AmyFett
    AmyFett Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    yum!! minus the mushrooms!
  • maremare312
    maremare312 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Yum! I'm going to have one on my low carb tortilla later in the week.
  • Moretakitty
    Moretakitty Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    This was my creation a few months ago.
    IMAG0387.jpg