What movies make you cry?

Options

Replies

• AmyFett
    AmyFett Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    Anyone else cry during "Extreme Makeover- Home Edition" or just me?

Not me, that show is pretty much ALL fake. They did a house locally here when I live and yes, it's all staged. Pretty much every last bit of it. The "actors" show up, tape a little and go home. they don't do ANY of the work.

Even the "move that bus scene" is staged. The family is not there and the bus is not there. It's all edited together in the middle of the week before anything is done.

Sorry if I spoiled it for everyone.

I cry at:

Dumbo
    Marley and Me
    Steel Magnolias

I'm sure there are more.

I hate that show honestly. It sucks, the only people who get help are the ones who have kids with something 'wrong' with them. What about families like mine who lost EVERYTHING in a house fire due to no fault of their own? It happens all the time and no one thinks of us for getting help.
  • SarahElizabeth416
    SarahElizabeth416 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Marley and Me all the way
  • MSimm62385
    MSimm62385 Posts: 227
    Options
    Fellowship of the Ring: Boromir's last stand.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    I hate chick flicks but I love PS I Love You. I went to see it with my cousin and she bawled. I didn't but I still love it.

I'm not usually a cryer, but I bawled at War Horse and Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close.

Edit -
    I avoid most sad movies, especially animal movies. I won't ever watch/read Marley and Me. I cried reading Merle's Door and The Art of Racing in the Rain
  • Hama900
    Hama900 Posts: 25
    Options
    The Blind Side
    I am Legend ( when he killed his dog...... cuz im a major animal freak )
    Marley and Me
    Braveheart
    Passion of Christ ofc!
  • MetamorphosisMe
    MetamorphosisMe Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Took my daughter to go see Brave, and I cried!
  • MelisRunning
    MelisRunning Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    Where the Red Fern Grows
  • Wonderob
    Wonderob Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options

I hate that show honestly. It sucks, the only people who get help are the ones who have kids with something 'wrong' with them. What about families like mine who lost EVERYTHING in a house fire due to no fault of their own? It happens all the time and no one thinks of us for getting help.

Right on! Those terminally ill kids are such freeloaders! Forget those and give it to the families that lost their possessions - they're much more deserved!
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    I am Legend ( when he killed his dog...... cuz im a major animal freak )

How did I forget that one?
  • njmp
    njmp Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    The Elephant Man

Eight Below (seriously Disney, WTF???)

I cry at banking commercials sometimes though...seriously.
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    Antwone Fisher
    Rosewood
    Amazing Grace
    Armageddon (don't judge me)
  • beach_please
    beach_please Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    I don't like movies that make me cry so I try to avoid them if I know they're really sad ahead of time. The older I get, the more emotional I get. I've already cried at the sappier pregnancy test commercials. :ohwell:

American History X
    John Q
    My Life
    Stepmom
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    the only movie I got misty eyed at was Star Wars episode 1.
    I don't cry at movies. or at much of anything.
  • AmyFett
    Options

Right on! Those terminally ill kids are such freeloaders! Forget those and give it to the families that lost their possessions - they're much more deserved!

it's more than just things, and i'm not saying they're freeloaders. Not in the least. Do you have ANY idea what comes along with losing everything in a fire? Probably not since your comment was so rude.
  • UncleMac
    UncleMac Posts: 13,144 Member
    Options
    Anyone else cry during "Extreme Makeover- Home Edition" or just me?

Not me, that show is pretty much ALL fake. They did a house locally here when I live and yes, it's all staged. Pretty much every last bit of it. The "actors" show up, tape a little and go home. they don't do ANY of the work.

Even the "move that bus scene" is staged. The family is not there and the bus is not there. It's all edited together in the middle of the week before anything is done.

Sorry if I spoiled it for everyone.

I cry at:

Dumbo
    Marley and Me
    Steel Magnolias

I'm sure there are more.

Apparently, I struck a nerve or two. I've only watched the show a couple of times (I'm not much for tv) and I wasn't analyzing the content for truth or justice. If I stumble across it again, perhaps I'll be more discriminating next time... or not... :ohwell:
  • AmericanCowboy76
    AmericanCowboy76 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    8 Seconds and The Passion.
  • Wonderob
    Wonderob Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options

it's more than just things, and i'm not saying they're freeloaders. Not in the least. Do you have ANY idea what comes along with losing everything in a fire? Probably not since your comment was so rude.

Sorry for being rude - it was borne out of sheer astonishment
  • AuddAlise
    AuddAlise Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    V for Vendetta
    At the end of 300 I got a lump in my throat. He was so stoic it just got me all worked up.

I don't like chick flicks, romance is not my thing. I'd rather have reality.
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options

I'm not usually a cryer, but I bawled at War Horse and Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close.

I refused to see Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close.. I have a sensory disorder and every part of my life is Too Loud, Too Close, Too Bright, Too Itchy..etc.
    heck, I rarely go to movies and when I do I wear dark sunglasses and have ear plugs (and take medication before and after)-- I did not need to see a kid going through that; I remember being a kid like that- (I may have cried, if I was a crying person-)
  • AmyFett
    Options

Anyway, my point in this, is why not help someone whose family is homeless because of something happening like this? They don't. There isn't help for when this happens. It's just 'oops, too bad, start over again.' So you have to deal with being homeless with no where to go along with rebuilding everything you worked for, the anxiety and panic attacks, and PTSD. It's not just about the possessions at all. I don't care about the stuff. I don't miss it. I miss how I felt safe before, and now I don't. I hate that my daughter gets scared seeing a firetruck or hearing sirens. That's what I'm saying, to the rude one. It's not about the stuff.