Sixers Valentine Vixens: Week 1

Options

Replies

• emmie110
    emmie110 Posts: 176
    Options
    2bskinnyagain1978 sw 187cw186 gw 135 ..

Hi 2bskinnyagain - I added your info to the list. The GW should be your goal for this 6 week challenge (ex - 5 or 10 lbs). The SW is your starting weight at the beginning of the challenge (which should be your weight today). You can copy the list and repost with any changes you want to make or to add your GW for the challenge (which I just filled with xxx). Welcome to the challenge.
  • emmie110
    Options
    Ok - I fizzled out on the last challenge. :frown: I'm having a really hard time getting the sugar out of my diet. Of course, I'm paying for it now since I'm tired and hungry all the time. This is why I stopped eating sugar and simple carbs 2 years ago. I've gotten really off track the last couple months. Does anyone have any tips for the sugar cravings/withdrawl?? The last time I quit sugar it was summer so I ate melons when I got a craving but that won't work in the winter. Any ideas?? On the up side - my DH got me a shiny fancy new treadmill for my birthday. It is so nice and quiet compared to the old one...and yes, I've been walking on it!! Have a great week!!
  • emmie110
    Options
    Ok - I fizzled out on the last challenge. :frown: I'm having a really hard time getting the sugar out of my diet. Of course, I'm paying for it now since I'm tired and hungry all the time. This is why I stopped eating sugar and simple carbs 2 years ago. I've gotten really off track the last couple months. Does anyone have any tips for the sugar cravings/withdrawl?? The last time I quit sugar it was summer so I ate melons when I got a craving but that won't work in the winter. Any ideas?? On the up side - my DH got me a shiny fancy new treadmill for my birthday. It is so nice and quiet compared to the old one...and yes, I've been walking on it!! Have a great week!!
  • emmie110
    Options
  • ali258
    ali258 Posts: 403
    Options

Sugar free jello helps. And flavored carbonated water (like the kind they sell at Wal-Mart for about .70 -- I love the key lime) - or even a really refreshing diet soda, like a diet Sunkist or diet 7-up. Oh, and dried plums (aka prunes) -- Sunsweet "Ones" are individually wrapped dried plums and they are so sweet and delicious. Most days I enjoy 2 of them as something sweet after breakfast or lunch, but I'm scared to eat more than two, because no matter how many times I call them dried plums, they are prunes and they have a reputation.

I also have found lately that I kinda went off naturally for the most part by just putting more fresh fruits and veggies in my diet. I was eating a couple of mini candy bars a day (and counting them, they're easy to work in), but when I'm full of healthy food, I don't really feel like snacking on candy.

I hope this helps. I'm normally a cold-turkey person on just about everything, but I don't do well emotionally to drop all sweets and refined carbs. If you're having a rough time, maybe just try to cut back a little each day.
  • pamh5555
    pamh5555 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Down another 1/2 lbs. Finally down 12 lbs.

did 30 minutes of walk away the pounds dvd with 1.5 lbs of weight on each leg and 1 lb soft weights on each wrist throughout the workout. When they added the weights, i added an additional 1 lb free weight per hand. boy do i feel it now.

started drinking my water.
  • pdxmomof2
    pdxmomof2 Posts: 643
    Options
    Good morning ladies. Job interview day. I am nervous but confident at the same time.

I did NOT do 30 day shred yesterday but I WILL do it today.

I cant really help on the sugar thing. I am not a big sugar craver except for that time of the month. I just allow myself the indulgence since it is 1 time per month.

Have a great day ladies. I need to go iron my interview outfit and straighten my hair. :heart:
  • PrimalB
    PrimalB Posts: 12
    Options
    ok...i'm in. i need some motivation. i keep falling off the wagon. as of today:

primalB / SW = 137 / GW = 128 / CW = 137 / PROGRESS = 0
  • Redneckwoman
    Redneckwoman Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    Good Luck Today Amy!!!! You will do great. Please let us know how the interview goes.:flowerforyou:

Kel:heart:
  • its_B
    its_B Posts: 491
    Options
    PDX- Good luck on the Shred and the interview!!!
    emmie- As far as the sugar cravings go, I supplement my chocolate cravings for frozen blueberries... but I have an unnatural obsession with them haha.

I am feeling MUCH better today!!!!!!!!! IT is amazing what a good nights sleep and tea will accomplish, I think I am going to get back on EA Active today, plus I stuck to may meal thing yesterday, and so far today is going great, Im drinking my water as well.

So today, Petty Officer Smith (yes his name is John Smith for real!) is coming to my house at 3:30 to discuss my possible future in the United States Coast Guard, I believe this is a great step for me. Plus I will have boot camp in the fall, and who doesn't whip into shape at that????? So now that my goals have changed yesterday, I would truly love to be down to 160 for boot camp. I want to be at a healthy weight for such a physical and emotional event. My hope is that next week my family will have a gym membership going, so that I may start the C25K program again, and this time I am going to effing succeed! *GRR*

B
  • drtamm
    drtamm Posts: 427
    Options
    Glad to see everyone is doing well. Keep up the great work!!! YAY!!!!

Good luck Amy! I know it will go well for you! Keep smiling!

B- good job on planning for your future. :)

ttyl,
    Tamm
  • ali258
    Options
    C25K Week 1, Day 1 DONE! Whoo hoo! What a difference 20 lbs makes! Last time I wasn't sure I would finish the first day, and then I felt like I was either going to throw up or die when I was done. This time, 20 lbs lighter, it was a nice workout. I enjoyed myself, and I'm looking forward to Day 2. I'm doing a 5k at the end of April for March of Dimes, and I'd really like to jog the whole thing this time. Last year, I did jog about half of it, but I wasn't really in good enough shape to jog the whole way.

What sort of snacks does everyone eat after a workout? I had a pretty plain burrito with a small whole wheat tortilla, fat free refried beans, and a little 2% shredded cheese. Now I'm having some Andes mints - yeah, not the best, I know. It's a lot easier to get in my water when I'm jogging though. :-)

I hope everyone is having a great day!

-Alison
  • emmie110
    Options
    Alison - Thanks....I didn't even think of SF jello - there is a ton of it in the bottom of the pantry. I've been off soda for a year now - but if nothing else works, I will try some 'diet clear stuff'. I've been cutting back a little each day - but I feel so horrible I just want to do it cold turkey. I'm heading out in search of some good looking fruit. Glad to hear C25K is easier this time. I haven't been brave enough to try it yet. I'll stick with walking for awhile.

Pam - I love those walk away the pounds dvds. Way to go making the workout harder with weights.

Amy - Good luck on the interview.

PrimalB - Welcome to the challenge.

B- Thanks for the frozen fruit tip. I'm glad you're having a better day.
  • emmie110
    Options
    Updating the list. Lorna's info was posted on the other thread that was started yesterday. Also added PrimalB's info.

Kristin (kistinbee)....................SW 185.0 lbs/ GW 179.0 lbs/ CW 185.0 lbs/ PROGRESS +/- lbs
    Lauryn (Phoenix_Rising).......SW xxx lbs / GW xxx lbs / CW xxx lbs / PROGRESS +/- lbs
    Pam (PamH555).....................SW 203.5lbs / GW 193.5 lbs / CW 203.5 lbs / PROGRESS +/- lbs
    Cathy(chipper).........................SW 241 lbs / GW 235 lbs / CW 241 lbs / PROGRESS +/- lbs
    Alison (ali258)..........................SW 225.8 lbs / GW 219 lbs / CW 225.8 lbs / PROGRESS +/- lbs
    B (its_B).....................................SW 210.0 lbs/ GW 200.0lbs/ CW 210.0 lbs/ PROGRESS +/- lbs
    Kelly (redneckwoman)............SW 152.0 lbs/ GW 145.0 lbs/ CW 152.0 lbs/ PROGRESS +/- lbs
    Verda (vhuber)..........................SW 148.0 lbs / GW 145.0 lbs / CW 147.0 lbs/ PROGRESS +/- lbs
    AmyLou (amylou24)................SW 146.8 lbs / GW 140 lbs / CW 146.8 lbs / PROGRESS +/- lbs
    Amy (pdxmomof2)...................SW 201 lbs/ GW 190lbs/ CW201 lbs/ PROGRESS +/- lbs
    Melanie (Melanieann48111)..SW 153 lbs/ GW 146lbs/ CW 153 lbs/ PROGRESS +/- lbs
    Amy (amypyr)............................SW 158.7 lbs / GW 153 lbs / CW 158.7 lbs / PROGRESS +/- lbs
    Nicole(nicolee516).................SW 168.4 lbs/GW 165 lbs/ CW 168.4 lbs / PROGRESS +/- lbs
    Tammara (drtamm)................SW 198.0lbs / GW 192 lbs / CW 198 lbs / PROGRESS +/- lbs
    2bskinnyagain1978................SW 186 lbs/ GW xxx lbs / CW 186 lbs / PROGRESS +/- lbs
    Emmie (emmie110)...............SW 218.4 lbs/ GW 209 lbs / CW 218.4 lbs / PROGRESS +/- lbs
    primalB.....................................SW 137 / GW 128 / CW 137 / PROGRESS +/- 0
    Lorna (iftcheiaf).......................SW 142.4 lbs / GW 137.4 lbs / CW 142.4 lbs / PROGRESS +/- lbs

Tiff (gonabfit)............................SW lbs / GW lbs / CW lbs / PROGRESS
  • Redneckwoman
    Redneckwoman Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    Shred Report Day 4 Level 2 = 14 days of shredding. It was a bit easier today. I also did my 4 mile walking dvd again. It has been terrible weather here since Sunday. The rain is not even suppose to stop until the weekend. then possibly start all over again. So until I can get out there and work again, I need to double up on the workouts. I do know I will be busy after it quits, as there are so much debris that has falling from the trees and bushes.

Hope Everyone is having a great day!!!

Kel:heart:

Welcome to the Newbies
  • chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    kel has a new name.....the shredder.......doing great. i know i couldn't.

well, drama in my house is never dull. son bought another car today with my $50. that's ok. the neighbors happen to have the same car as his broken one. i think a year newer. they just wanted out of their yard. so for 50 bucks. it needs a valve gasket. which he already has in his broken ones trunk. a back window for the convertible top. which he has on the broken car and a new top in the truck he never put on. so between the two he should have a running car this weekend and can go home!!!!!!

gym for me tomorrow. just blah today without exercising. it was my day off. did a little work and than went and walked around walmart. i think i might go to the fleamarket this weekend. DH has to work at a show.

jammie time,

later
  • lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    Updating the list. Lorna's info was posted on the other thread that was started yesterday. Also added PrimalB's info.
    Thanks Emmie. I thought I was out there all alone :sad: Glad to know I was just misplaced.

Bad, bad, bad eating. What is wrong with me? Well, I know the answer to that, but I can't keep using my impending TOM and massive cramps on bad eating. So today is a new day (even with massive cramps). I have been getting my exercise in though, so I guess I'm maintaining. Time to lose!!!
  • chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    lula....you have been found :wink: so no more, you are home now soooo...get with it LOL. look at what you have done, exercise. you have maintained. doing a great job.

ok, better turn this day around. my 46" nice tv broke last night. i was going to pay it off tomorrow. not now until they get it fixed. i have sound but, no pic. i can't even play recorded shows from the cable box. so will be calling them when they open at 10. will run it off at the gym.

have a good day everyone,

later
  • amyls8710
    Options
    Kristin (kistinbee)....................SW 185.0 lbs/ GW 179.0 lbs/ CW 185.0 lbs/ PROGRESS +/- lbs
    Lauryn (Phoenix_Rising).......SW xxx lbs / GW xxx lbs / CW xxx lbs / PROGRESS +/- lbs
    Pam (PamH555).....................SW 203.5lbs / GW 193.5 lbs / CW 203.5 lbs / PROGRESS +/- lbs
    Cathy(chipper).........................SW 241 lbs / GW 235 lbs / CW 241 lbs / PROGRESS +/- lbs
    Alison (ali258)..........................SW 225.8 lbs / GW 219 lbs / CW 225.8 lbs / PROGRESS +/- lbs
    B (its_B).....................................SW 210.0 lbs/ GW 200.0lbs/ CW 210.0 lbs/ PROGRESS +/- lbs
    Kelly (redneckwoman)............SW 152.0 lbs/ GW 145.0 lbs/ CW 152.0 lbs/ PROGRESS +/- lbs
    Verda (vhuber)..........................SW 148.0 lbs / GW 145.0 lbs / CW 147.0 lbs/ PROGRESS +/- lbs
    AmyLou (amylou24)................SW 146.8 lbs / GW 140 lbs / CW 146.8 lbs / PROGRESS +/- lbs
    Amy (pdxmomof2)...................SW 201 lbs/ GW 190lbs/ CW201 lbs/ PROGRESS +/- lbs
    Melanie (Melanieann48111)..SW 153 lbs/ GW 146lbs/ CW 153 lbs/ PROGRESS +/- lbs
    Amy (amypyr)............................SW 158.7 lbs / GW 153 lbs / CW 158.7 lbs / PROGRESS +/- lbs
    Nicole(nicolee516).................SW 168.4 lbs/GW 165 lbs/ CW 168.4 lbs / PROGRESS +/- lbs
    Tammara (drtamm)................SW 198.0lbs / GW 192 lbs / CW 198 lbs / PROGRESS +/- lbs
    2bskinnyagain1978................SW 186 lbs/ GW xxx lbs / CW 186 lbs / PROGRESS +/- lbs
    Emmie (emmie110)...............SW 218.4 lbs/ GW 209 lbs / CW 218.4 lbs / PROGRESS +/- lbs
    primalB.....................................SW 137 / GW 128 / CW 137 / PROGRESS +/- 0
    Lorna (iftcheiaf).......................SW 142.4 lbs / GW 137.4 lbs / CW 142.4 lbs / PROGRESS +/- lbs
    Amy S (amyls8710)................SW 271 lbs / GW 259 lbs / CW 271 lbs / PROGRESS +/- lbs

Tiff (gonabfit)............................SW lbs / GW lbs / CW lbs / PROGRESS
    Hey girls....
    id love to join if thats ok !

SO i went and read the past three pages and got most of my questions answered hehe.... So tuesdays are official weigh in :)! but we can unofficially track our progress whenever we like right???? ! hope i got that right hahaha !

You all sound so motivated ! im glad i found the sixers!
    I posted my goal weight as 259 because I HAVENT been that since the first 2-3 weeks of my pregnancy with my son... and he is almost 18 months old ! so that number will feel AWESOME !

Ive been doing 30 mins on the WII daily.... as well as twice a week i do SLIMIN6 ..... for toning... and then 3-4 times a week i do Yoga Booty Ballet!! for cardio!

Wheres everyone from?!?!? I live in the BAhamas.... !!!!!! Lived here my entire life....
    Im tired of being over 200 .... I gained the first 75 lbs due to an allergic reaction to bc pills a few years back right before my 19th birthday and my WEDDING ! GRRRRRR ! ...... the rest of it came from eating poorly, getting out of my exercise routine, feeling sorry for myself, (grrrr hehe), and a miscarriage and a pregnancy with my son ! all in 4 years... !!!! SO IM MAKING A CHANGE NOW ! to get back to my old self ! I will be 23 in May this year ... and I want to be lost roughly.... 10 lbs each month until then! and keep on going.... !

Enough about me though ! .... cant wait to get to know each and every one of you ! :)
    Good luck !
  • ali258
    Options
    Welcome Amy S!

I've been trying to find books to help me work through the psychological aspects of weight loss since I'm good at losing weight, but bad at keeping it off and I get really shy when I start getting any positive attention. So, yesterday I started reading Julia Cameron's "The Writing Diet." It's basically about using writing as therapy to get out your problems and emotions so you don't keep them buried and eat to ignore them. I haven't started the writing part yet, but the book seems like a good start for me. I got another book too about the psychological aspects of weight loss. I guess a lot of people are like me that they don't have a lot of trouble getting the weight off, but keeping it off seems impossible. I'm also going to read the Beck Diet, as soon as my library gets it back in.

I feel so good today after jogging yesterday. I can feel the muscles in my hips and legs! I even went for a second walk later on so my dogs could enjoy some outside time too. Today it's gross and rainy, so I'm hoping I have a nice window at some point in the afternoon to get in Week 1 Day 2 of C25k. I don't feel like I need a break between the days yet, but maybe after two jogs I will feel like just walking for a day. I do take rest days when I really start jogging, but right now I'm jogging 60 seconds at a time, so I really don't feel like it's a big deal to go day after day.

Have a great day everyone!

-Alison