Looking for friends - especially moms

Options

Replies

• Hollie704
    Hollie704 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I'm a mom of an 19-month old and am always open to new friends. Feel free to add me.
  • warrenvalley
    warrenvalley Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hi Jessica - feel free to add me. I'm a Mom of 2 as well, but mine are 15 and 12. Good for you for starting this journey while your kids are young. You'll help them develop healthy habits along with you.
  • rustybago
    Options
    Hi, I'm a mom of four very active kids - 3 boys and a girl. I'm hoping to have more energy so I can keep up with them. (or at least come close). Feel free to add me too.
  • adleen
    adleen Posts: 3
    Options
    I am a mom of 2. My little ones are 10 and 7. Feel free to add me as well.:smile:
  • aholly70
    aholly70 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Hello i'm a mom of 3 24,20,& 15 feel free to add me,My name is Holly & i live in wisconsin
  • kamaljitjackson
    Options
    Hi Jessica and welcome to MFP; I am relatively new too; am a mom of 2 boys; would like to lose 70 pds. Please feel free to add me.
  • rmkhek
    rmkhek Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi, I'm Renee and a mom of a 4 yo.
    I joined recently and I am also looking for friends to keep me motivated, vice versa.

My ultimate goal is to lose around 70-80 lbs.
  • mami2threeboys
    Options
    hi, mom of 3 here.. was on here a year ago and lost 40 lbs , then got pregnant with my 3rd and gained it back.. looking to lose about 80 lbs or so
  • scorpiona13
    Options
    I am a mom of two. A 3 year old and 19 month old. I am always looking for more friends here.
  • miadvh
    miadvh Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Free free to add me! :)

I'm the mom to a 2 y/o son.
    Age - 20
    Height - 5'4
    SW - 230
    CW - 223
    GW - 130 ("rough estimate" I'll see once I get closer)
  • AngelikaMaria
    Options
    Hi, I'm Angel- I have a two year old son & a 10 year old stepson. I'm a full-time mommy & part-time photographer. I find myself too often eating my children's leftovers or picking at whatever delicious food I'm cooking them while my salad waits patiently for me.
    Also, sitting at the computer for hours and hours of editing photos makes me snack a lot- and move very little :(
    My main photo is me at my goal weight, about a year ago. I need to get back to that!
  • boricuagoddess79
    Options
    Hey! Mom of 1 and 8 year old awesome boy. Im starting today and would love the motivation and friends! Im desperatley trying to avoid Lap Band so im giving this a go :) Trying to give myself a birthday gift of 10lbs lost i have 27 days! Add me

SW: 278
    CW: 274
    GW: 165
    5"4
  • fortyonetogo
    Options
    Hi. I'm a mom to four. Ages 24 years, 5,4, and 3 years old. I just kept adding on extra pounds with those last 3 pregnancies that were so close together. Then I never lost all the "baby" weight.

My stats:
    5'2
    180 (gulp)

My biggest hang-up in my weight loss journey is that I am an emotional eater. I'm a bored eater. I'm a when-ever-I feel-like-it eater. I can use all the friends/support I can find so feel free to add me if you'd like :)
  • Brizoeller
    Brizoeller Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Single mom to an almost 2 year old little boy!! Totally understand not having a ton of time :) I'm here for motivation if anyone needs it!! I've lost 43, want to lose 50!
  • gitzaround
    Options
    Hey, I too am a mom. Trying to dump 50-70 lbs from my frame. Excercise to hard for me to fit in with a kid to chase! I have been really tracking myself well for a couple weeks and I learned I was putting 3000 calories into my body daily....I have since curbed that to around 1500 and I am not starving...just learning to have better eating habits and control portions. Looking for any buddies!
  • OSUChristina
    OSUChristina Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm a full-time working mom and I am also an adjunct professor. I have 3 children - two boys 10 and soon to be 7 and a daughter soon to be 5. The boys both play football and my daughter is in dance one night a week and gymnastics two nights a week. My only two free days a week are Fridays and Sundays. It's crazy trying to find the time to get exercise in because of our schedule. By the weekend, I am exhausted because I'm only averaging about 6 hours of sleep a night.

I've been exercising, dieting, etc. off and on for over a year and now I am just 6 pounds shy of my highest delivery weight. That has scared me as has a few pictures taken of me recently. I really don't like what I am seeing.

I have 100 lbs to lose but I have set a reasonable goal of 1.5 lbs./week. I will be back at my end of college weight by this time next year by setting that goal which would make me estatic. I am the director of a CPE conference next year and my goal is to look good when I am up in front of that crowd next year.

Thanks for listening.
    Christina
  • RedHeadHotMama
    RedHeadHotMama Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hi. You can feel free to add me.

Starting weight 240
    Current Weight 158
    Goal Weight 140

38 and mom of 2 kids. Love having pals to talk to :-)
  • lesmoo27
    lesmoo27 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm relatively new to MFP and could definitely use the support of moms like me who understand the struggles of putting everyone ahead of yourself. I had some great success on Weight Watchers after my 2nd daughter was born (lost >50 lbs) but after changing jobs this spring, I didn't handle the stress too well and gained ~18 lbs back. I need to lose between 30-40 lbs to get where I want to be. I'd love the support of some good friends.
  • babebree
    babebree Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel. I have a 10 year old, 5 year old, and a 2month old. I have lost my pre-pregnancy weight 25lbs. I am back to where I started last year. We have sports two night a week, church two nights a week. I just changed my schedule to work 3 days a week. I am going to try to work out for an hour on these days and at least 30 mins one other day.
  • OSUChristina
    OSUChristina Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    A little bit more about me. I am the breadwinner in our family and have a stressful job with a new boss that loves to hover. I do love for the most part because it is so interesting and I love my coworkers.

My schedule is non-stop. I sometimes don't get home until almost 9 at night due to kids activities. I also have a 45 minute commute one way into work so that blows an hour and a half of my day. I try to keep the family going by managing everyone's schedule but sometimes things do fall through the cracks.

The only time I have alone is in the shower or bathroom and then there is always a kid wanting me (including the big one). I often kid that I need my own assistant or a wife to help me out. My husband tends to be my biggest saboteur. If you can relate or want to commiserate (LOL!), feel free to add me. I know there are others out there!

Christina