How to repair a damaged metabolism and starvation mode.

Options

Replies

• eljelc
    eljelc Posts: 23
    Options
    Good read
  • FatToFit12
    FatToFit12 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    bookmark
  • curtnrod
    curtnrod Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Bump because I love to eat when I'm starving
  • WarriorReady
    WarriorReady Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Thanks great article/great post!
  • ifixyospeech
    ifixyospeech Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Bump for later!
  • Xstitcher74
    Xstitcher74 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • julimonster
    julimonster Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    What a great, informative, helpful article, thanks for sharing - I am getting close to my goal weight and want to wind down/maintain in a safe manner!
  • alasin1derland
    alasin1derland Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    interesting, ty
  • Marmitegeoff
    Marmitegeoff Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Bump for later
  • Denjo060
    Denjo060 Posts: 1,008
    Options
    Thanks for posting very informative
  • mkwongh
    mkwongh Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • Beee_B
    Beee_B Posts: 24
    Options
    Thank you for this info x
  • kevinwk
    kevinwk Posts: 77
    Options
    Thank you for this info. Good reading. Much appreciated!
  • vinsonh42
    vinsonh42 Posts: 125
    Options
    bump
  • jenmurray116
    jenmurray116 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • nannabannana
    Options
    Thank you so much. Such useful tools on this site and people like yourself who doesn't mind sharing:)
  • caegem
    caegem Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    BUMP! Thanks for posting from a girl on a never ending platue!!:flowerforyou:
  • korygilliam
    korygilliam Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    Also so far everyone has told me I need to keep my food intake regular daily..
    But if my goal is 1200 and some days I 800 and some days I eat 1600 just for example... Would it really matter ( or would it even be better) as long as the goals averaged out over the week?

Is it ok to eat less some days as long as its not all the time?

( some days I'm home with my son with all the time to concentrate in a healthy diet, other days between work and UNi lectures and social life and just flat out and calorie intake can be VErY low.. And I don't like eating I I'm not hungry but I've been worried about the irregularity of the week affecting my metabolism)?!

I'm interested in the answer to this question, too!

There are a lot of research that says having the same calorie net every day is not good for your diet (reason so many articles recommend cycling or zig zag dieting). If you only net 1400 cals a day, your body becomes accustomed to that and will be more efficient on that net. The article that I read recommended having 2 days of high calorie intake a week (but it is offset by eating a little less on the other 4 days).

I did the zig zag for a while and really liked. Now I just watch my weekly net progress on my phone to see how I am doing for the week, I don't care if I am really low one day or really high one day...it only matters (to me) what my week is looking like.

On another topic--I was one that over-cardio'd. As soon as I decreased doing 6-8 hours of elliptical/zumba down to 30-45 minutes 3-4 days a week, I immediately got off of my plateau.

On another person's question-increasing or preserving your muscles helps with easier maintanance, because your muscles burn calories at rest (where fat does not). So the more muscle you have, the more calories you burn while sitting on your butt or sleeping :)
  • drelan
    drelan Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ebony__
    ebony__ Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Awe thanks to the person that answered some of my question ...
    I'll rephrase the other one...
    Doesn have more muscle tone, or working more on your muscle tone help to reduce the affects of a damaged metabolism? I know u said it helps maintainence with will it also help prevent damage?