Women who are around 5,5 What is your goal?

Options
15678911»

Replies

• dwn2erth
    dwn2erth Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" too and 194. My goalis 145 but I'm 53 years old. Ten years ago I was 134 but it took 'a lot' of excercizing and I was a vegetarian which I do not think my body would like right now. Personally I'd say try for 145 and than see how you feel and look. From what I'm hearing short term goals of 10% of your current body weight in 12 weeks is a good choice. So for both you and I that would be about 19 lb loss in 12 weeks. (I think that might not be possible for me because I'm post menapausal and 'do' have a thyroid issue) But you look much younger and probably have a higher metabolism. By all means protect your metabolism and don't starve yourself.
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,015 Member
    Options
    I am 5'6" and quite a few yrs ago I got down to 128 and I looked too skinny. It really depends on your body shape and how you carry your weight, also the amount of muscle you have, etc. I would make my tentitive goal for 145 and see how you look and feel when you get there , then decide if you want to loose a bit more. When you feel your best that is when you should stop.
  • sarahharmintx
    sarahharmintx Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    170 but thats only because I plan to get pregnant next year and wont be able to lose much more
  • pinthin87
    pinthin87 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5 and my goal weight is 127. I personally hate being in the 130s and would give anything to just get out of them. That is just me though. I feel like the 130s is heavy on my frame. I currently weigh 133 and if I could just get to 129 I'd be glad.
  • emilydumarce
    emilydumarce Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    definitely not!! 130 is great! i am 5'6" and weigh around 130 now. my ugw is 115, aslong as i am healthy!
  • HeartME511healthy
    HeartME511healthy Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and my goal weight is 128 (almost there). When I started MFP I was 145 lbs, my highest weight ever being 195lbs. I carry my weight in my hips and thighs...my upper half and lower half just don't match :) I really think it depends on the person and your shape and where you are comfy! My sister is also 5'5" and her goal weight is 122, she's been there before and for her shape looks good there....I would look sickly if I got to that weight so really it depends per person! :)

You look great... this is a good number for you, interesting enough I though 140 was a small number for me but you look good at 128, although I really would like to see what 140 looks on me, but having challenges getting out of this plateau of 146.6 – 147.6 which is causing me to consider how much adjustment I really want to do to get down to 140. I currently plan on increasing strength training so hopefully it will cause the plateau to break. We’ll see!
  • mynameismita
    Options
    In my experience, it really depends on your bone structure and the percentage of muscle/fat. I'm 5'6" and fluctuate between 110-115. While technically underweight, as you can see by my icon, I'm not exactly skeletal. Most of my female friends are the same height but weigh around 130-145 and look thinner than me because they have much more muscle tone. As I lose fat/put on more muscle, I'll probably have to gain a few pounds to retain my general shape.
  • BetterCrazyThanLazy
    Options
    Edited to delete my original reply.

Added:
    Does anyone care to know that the OP deactivated her account???
  • shorty35565
    shorty35565 Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5 and 126.8lbs & still not slim enough. I have a small frame & my BF% is 28.4%, which is the reason I still look chubby. Know that weight isn't the only factor in this, body fat % plays and important role. I think 130 is perfectly acceptable.
  • crazy_indeed
    crazy_indeed Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4", initally I would have told you my goal was 140. I am currently at 147. I am realizing that there is no ideal number on the scale its really about feeling your best.
  • HealthyBodySickMind
    HealthyBodySickMind Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options

Added:

Apparently not.
  • BBSmartypants
    Options
    Hi , my names Kayla and i ve been on MFP for a month.
    I Started ut as 194 Lbs and im currently 190 Lbs.
    My goal is 130 lbs. Is that too skinny for my size?
    My mom went on and on the other night how i should stop at 145 Lbs..
    Feel free to add me.

You know ... 130 is pretty dang reasonable! My doc asked me not to fall much below that way back when I weighed 130ish. I think it's definitely reasonable. I'm 5-4 and my healthy weight range is 109-145. Like I could EVER way 109! lol! Good luck and congrats on your 4 pounds! -Becky
  • adriadawn19
    adriadawn19 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Im 5'5" and right now my goal is to be at 150. Once I get there I will decide if I need to lose a few more pounds or if i am comfortable where Im at :)
  • BBSmartypants
    Options
    I am 5'4", initally I would have told you my goal was 140. I am currently at 147. I am realizing that there is no ideal number on the scale its really about feeling your best.

You look like you've got some great muscles! I remember thinking I should weigh 125 but looked wonderful at 135 with muscles. That was a long time ago - like 15 years ago.

You look wonderful and it sounds like you're feeling great too! I applaud you! -Becky
  • BBSmartypants
    Options
    I'm 5-4 and my long-term goal is 140. My first goal, however, is 155. If I feel like I can lose it, I'll try for 130.

I have a very small frame with 185 pounds of padding!
  • MizzDoc
    MizzDoc Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    My goal is 135 but will be just as happy at 140.

I am 5 feet 5 1/2 inches tall :)
  • ggcat
    ggcat Posts: 313 Member
    Options

Added:

Apparently not.

Weird...