HUGE 90 calorie cookies

Options

Replies

• Glasgow_Vegan
    Glasgow_Vegan Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    6oo6qv.jpg

Chocolate chip cookies will never be declared a health food, but you can make them less unhealthy by tweaking the ingredients a little. Here's a recipe for a lighter chocolate chip cookie that still manages to satisfy a sweet tooth!

Prep Time: 10 minutes

Cook Time: 12 minutes

Total Time: 22 minutes

Ingredients:

1/2 cup whole-wheat flour
    3/4 cup all-purpose flour
    1/4 tsp baking soda
    1/4 tsp salt
    4 tbsp butter, melted
    2 egg whites
    1 tsp vanilla extract
    3/4 cup firmly-packed light brown sugar
    1/2 cup dark chocolate chips

Preparation:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line two cookies sheets with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
    In a medium bowl, whisk flour, baking soda and salt. In a large bowl, whisk together the egg whites, butter, and vanilla; stir in the brown sugar until smooth. Gradually add in the flour mixture and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips.

Drop dough by the tablespoon onto cookie sheets about 2 inches apart. Bake one cookie sheet at a time for 10-12 minutes.

Yields 24 cookies.

Per Cookie : Calories 92, Calories from Fat 30, Total Fat 3.4g, (sat 2.6g), Cholesterol 6mg, Sodium 45mg, Carbohydrate 14.5g, Fiber 0.7g, Protein 1.2g
    ( really the cookie nutrition is going to different due to different flours, chocolate etc. )
    ( You could use applesauce of course instead of butter but.. the cookies are going to be more " chewy " and gummy like, they also won't rise very much. a small amount of butter WON'T hurt you. which is why I would just use real butter or coconut oil :happy: )

I don't want to be rude but vegans don't eat butter or egg. If you made them vegan and with artificial sweetener you could cut the calories in half, if not lower.
  • emilydmac
    emilydmac Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • LittleMissSunshine418
    Options
    bumpity bump, can't wait to try these.
  • chiera88
    chiera88 Posts: 155
    Options
    thanks!
  • miniveganprincess
    Options
    6oo6qv.jpg

Chocolate chip cookies will never be declared a health food, but you can make them less unhealthy by tweaking the ingredients a little. Here's a recipe for a lighter chocolate chip cookie that still manages to satisfy a sweet tooth!

Prep Time: 10 minutes

Cook Time: 12 minutes

Total Time: 22 minutes

Ingredients:

1/2 cup whole-wheat flour
    3/4 cup all-purpose flour
    1/4 tsp baking soda
    1/4 tsp salt
    4 tbsp butter, melted
    2 egg whites
    1 tsp vanilla extract
    3/4 cup firmly-packed light brown sugar
    1/2 cup dark chocolate chips

Preparation:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line two cookies sheets with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
    In a medium bowl, whisk flour, baking soda and salt. In a large bowl, whisk together the egg whites, butter, and vanilla; stir in the brown sugar until smooth. Gradually add in the flour mixture and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips.

Drop dough by the tablespoon onto cookie sheets about 2 inches apart. Bake one cookie sheet at a time for 10-12 minutes.

Yields 24 cookies.

Per Cookie : Calories 92, Calories from Fat 30, Total Fat 3.4g, (sat 2.6g), Cholesterol 6mg, Sodium 45mg, Carbohydrate 14.5g, Fiber 0.7g, Protein 1.2g
    ( really the cookie nutrition is going to different due to different flours, chocolate etc. )
    ( You could use applesauce of course instead of butter but.. the cookies are going to be more " chewy " and gummy like, they also won't rise very much. a small amount of butter WON'T hurt you. which is why I would just use real butter or coconut oil :happy: )

I don't want to be rude but vegans don't eat butter or egg. If you made them vegan and with artificial sweetener you could cut the calories in half, if not lower.

EW GO AWAY.
    I have an eating disorder and plus I didn't eat these anyways.
    STOP STALKING ME
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    Hubby has a huge problem with cookie dough. Gonna give this a try when I get home to see what he thinks. Thanks!
  • fitknitter
    fitknitter Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I love cookies I'm totally trying this recipe.
  • AmyBeth719
    AmyBeth719 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I have been craving cookies too!!!
  • MSeel1984
    Options
    Just tasted the dough...oh my word SO good!!!!!!! They sure are pretty coming out of the oven too! Very fluffy! Just in time for shark week :(
  • Luc245
    Luc245 Posts: 73
    Options
    bump. look so good!
  • mccbabe1
    mccbabe1 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    u r awesome!!!

thank u for posting!!!
    :drinker:
  • Lizmcg83
    Lizmcg83 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • MSeel1984
    Options
    bump. look so good!

They ARE! Just had some for dessert. Oh. My. Gosh....epic! Thanks for sharing!
  • steppingstones
    steppingstones Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Looks yummy!
  • jenihullett
    jenihullett Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I am making these tonight!! Looks yummy!
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    A big smile for this:happy: However it still leaves me with 24 cookies LOOKING at me! Now What? :smile:

Halve the recipe.
  • ruksha123
    ruksha123 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Bump for later
  • sweiland1
    sweiland1 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Looks amazing!!!
  • GreekByMarriage
    GreekByMarriage Posts: 320 Member
    Options