Replies

• redhousecat
    redhousecat Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    if you are simply interested in the 3 legged dog, skip to 2:20
  • EricMurano
    EricMurano Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    Clean and Jerk with 5kg? This is seriously pathetic, It's no problem for the women there but the guys in the video should do better -.-

Be a little understanding. If I were to start training for clean and jerk I would start with a broom handle.

It's poor form to laugh at those that can't lift as much as you.
  • Hama900
    Hama900 Posts: 25
    Options
    Clean and Jerk with 5kg? This is seriously pathetic, It's no problem for the women there but the guys in the video should do better -.-

Be a little understanding. If I were to start training for clean and jerk I would start with a broom handle.

Not about the lifting buddy, 5kgs? do you know how much 5kgs is? look at the guy @ 1:23 he looks pretty fit but he still cant get it up.

Groceries weigh more then 5kg, a bag of rice does...
  • airangel59
    airangel59 Posts: 1,887 Member
    Options
    OMG and did you all notice how many dislikes there were for it.....that video is an accident waiting to happen.
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    look at the guy @ 1:23 he looks pretty fit but he still cant get it up.

I missed that ...I was looking at his arms.
  • Hama900
    Options
    look at the guy @ 1:23 he looks pretty fit but he still cant get it up.

I missed that ...I was looking at his arms.

What do you mean :o?
  • EricMurano
    EricMurano Posts: 825 Member
    Options

Not about the lifting buddy, 5kgs? do you know how much 5kgs is? look at the guy @ 1:23 he looks pretty fit but he still cant get it up.

Yeah it's lighter than a bee's boner but maybe he's just starting out with that particular movement. Maybe he's farked from working out previously. Maybe that's the tail end of a stripping session.
  • Hama900
    Options

Yeah it's lighter than a bee's boner but maybe he's just starting out with that particular movement. Maybe he's farked from working out previously. Maybe that's the tail end of a stripping session.

Right.....
  • Shfiftyfive
    Options
    Continental Clean with an Axle really doesn't seem like something novices should be doing no matter what the form looks like.
  • TravisBurns
    TravisBurns Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Funny thing I think i've seen this before. Is this like the goofball olympics or something? Very stupid
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    wow. no wonder they disabled comments.
  • Chubbyhulagirl
    Chubbyhulagirl Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • GrammyWhammy
    GrammyWhammy Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    I really hope that is a farce.

those are some sorry sacks for excuses with form. and what is each plate - like 10 pounds? if that's a normal plate at 45 lbs, there is no way those people are lifting those. and if they are....i forsee a few shoulders, necks and backs getting blown out.

good for a laugh...thanks.

I agree with this ^^

It has to be a farce. Notice when the weights are dropped they don't make enough noise. And some of the lifters are simply too small to lift so much weight. This must be a put on.
  • eatcleanNtraindirty
    eatcleanNtraindirty Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    No freaking way. How can there be people who call themselves "coaches" surpervising this???? The owner of that gym and his coaches should all be taken out back and shot. I was waiting for one of them to just drop it on the top of their head, compress their spinal column and get their discs disintegrated. Pathetic
  • eatcleanNtraindirty
    eatcleanNtraindirty Posts: 444 Member
    Options

Right.....

It's hard for anyone to properly do a clean and jerk if they have terrible coaching and absolutely no idea how to properly lift the weight. Let's be honest, with proper coaching and technique training most of those people might've lifted a lot more. Bad form = light weight
  • Determinednoob
    Determinednoob Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    Funny thing I think i've seen this before. Is this like the goofball olympics or something? Very stupid

It's crossfit brah!

Kqctx.gif

tumblr_lsktl3hXyt1qjvsoxo1_500.gif

tumblr_lsktl3hXyt1qjvsoxo2_500.gif

cffh3.gif

DSC04840.JPG

seao9u.gif

supaman-dat-ho-crossfit-demotivational-poster-1261521768.jpg

tumblr_lurgsffQUP1qzft56o1_400.gif
  • Hama900
    Options

Right.....

It's hard for anyone to properly do a clean and jerk if they have terrible coaching and absolutely no idea how to properly lift the weight. Let's be honest, with proper coaching and technique training most of those people might've lifted a lot more. Bad form = light weight

My first time doing Clean and Jerks I did 55lbs without those funky movements and i never had a coach
  • LiftBigtoGetFit
    LiftBigtoGetFit Posts: 3,399 Member
    Options
    for reference this is the lift they were doing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nfw8FYZi9QI&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6agvB5mBvY&feature=related

again, not saying that it was a good idea for them to have untrained athletes attempting to do this with heavy weights (or at all), but it's not quite as much of a "WTH" situation if you see what they were going for vs. if you thought they were just doing a clean & jerk

^^ This - it wasn't cross fit, they were doing a "strongman" lift. One of the gyms I go to has several amateur and one pro strongman and that is one of the lifts they do.
  • LiftBigtoGetFit
    LiftBigtoGetFit Posts: 3,399 Member
    Options
    I really hope that is a farce.

those are some sorry sacks for excuses with form. and what is each plate - like 10 pounds? if that's a normal plate at 45 lbs, there is no way those people are lifting those. and if they are....i forsee a few shoulders, necks and backs getting blown out.

good for a laugh...thanks.

I agree with this ^^

It has to be a farce. Notice when the weights are dropped they don't make enough noise. And some of the lifters are simply too small to lift so much weight. This must be a put on.

They are not normal "iron" plates they are a rubber/plastic filled type plate and the small ones were only 10lbs
  • Determinednoob
    Determinednoob Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    for reference this is the lift they were doing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nfw8FYZi9QI&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6agvB5mBvY&feature=related

again, not saying that it was a good idea for them to have untrained athletes attempting to do this with heavy weights (or at all), but it's not quite as much of a "WTH" situation if you see what they were going for vs. if you thought they were just doing a clean & jerk

^^ This - it wasn't cross fit, they were doing a "strongman" lift. One of the gyms I go to has several amateur and on pro strongman and that is one of the lifts they do.

The beginning of the video says crossfit. Just because they are doing some super horrible *kitten* version of power cleans followed by some dumb foot and hip movement followed by a push press doesn't mean it isn't a crossfit gym.