How To Drink 8 Cups A Day-WATER

Options
2»

Replies

• MetamorphosisMe
    MetamorphosisMe Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I have found out I drink more water when I have a straw?? Not sure why that is but I drink at least 5 cups of water at work and it is because I have a cup with a straw that I leave there and I fill it up with ice and water in the morning and afternoon.

^This!

I do the same. If I don't have a straw, forget it! Hubby started using a straw and his water consumption has gone up! Give it a try, if you're not already :smile:
  • rachelbethany
    rachelbethany Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I find it really easy to drink enough water, but that's just how I've always been. Plus, I don't keep sodas and juice and things in the house. If I did, I probably wouldn't feel as thirsty all the time. Make sure you're not drinking more than a soda a day, not too much coffee, etc., because you won't realize how much water you need if you are drinking other stuff that's also full of sugar, sodium, etc.

Also, remember that a CUP is just a CUP. My drinking glasses hold over two cups of water each, so I knock out my water for the day without even noticing.

I keep a glass beside me at all times when I'm home, and I usually carry a bottle I fill with water to school, etc., with me. If you have a fresh, cold glass next to you all the time, you're much more likely to drink it! You'd be surprised how often you'll sip from it as your surf the net, etc., and before you know it, it's all gone! It's quite habit-forming . . . every time I empty my glass, I HAVE to run down the stairs for a re-fill.
  • LERadicalDreamer
    LERadicalDreamer Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    This might sound ridiculous, but I bought myself a really pretty water tumbler by Tervis (insulated, holds 24oz). It has cherry blossoms on it, which I love, so oddly, it helps me to use it. It also keeps the water pretty cold, which helps me drink it down if I am at the gym. I'm on the Game On diet, and need to drink 100oz (way more than 8 cups) and I never, ever used to drink water. The first week was hard, and now I find I am done with my 100oz before my kids go down to sleep at 7pm.

Another piece of motivation - my skin looks GREAT.
  • KimmmJo
    KimmmJo Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm the same way. If it's not a hot day and I've been working outside dying for water, I gag on it just to drink it. But I find drinking it with a straw helps a lot and it really does help with hunger pains.:drinker:
  • kit8806
    kit8806 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I find drinking it ice cold and with a straw helps! Or from a water bottle (like deer park or something)! Drinking it ice cold really helped me.. I went from not drinking more than a glass to now 4 or 5 a day! I'm getting there but I'm not a fan of the lack of flavor and haven't really found anything else that worked yet!
  • Fluffykristi
    Options
    I had a hard time increasing my water. It was almost like a mental block. What finally helped me was setting an alarm on my phone - I would have it go off every few hours. I would have until each alarm to finish my current bottle of water then when the alarm would go off I would get a new one. It felt like I was forcing myself, but after a week or so as my body adjusted it became habit. That was 6 mos ago and I now drink about 120 ounces (about 15 cups) of water a day.

Fair warning: as you increase your water and your body adjusts you will have to urinate constantly - but it finally settles down after a few days. You will also lose a bit of water weight after this period as well.

Happy drinking!
  • mndamon
    mndamon Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    So long as it's ice cold I never have a problem while I'm at work. I get probably 2-2.5 liters of water in at work and then another liter when I'm home. More if I'm working out.
  • aries7298
    aries7298 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I have water bottles everywhere I am... always full. That way I have something to reach for. All of them are at least 24 oz. The one at work is 32 oz. I only generally drink water or coffee anyway... although there are days when I do have diet sodas. Whenever I start to get hungry I try to reach for a water bottle first and drink about 1/2 of it. Of course the down side to all this water is the amount of trips to the bathroom... but its more steps towards my 10,000 steps. :bigsmile:
  • BossLady99
    Options
    hey this what i do for water in take. I use my WII for exercise and i drink 4 bottles of water (Aquafina) at that time which is 17 liters. then i drink ny other two or three with my meals. On the days i take a rest from exercising i put lemon juice i my water
  • lengirl75
    lengirl75 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I usually have ice and refill a large cup (equals about 3 cups of liquid) at least 3-5 times a day. I take a cup full in the morning on the way to work, then have 1-2 cups fulls during work, refill again for the drive home, and sometimes have another cupful at home.
  • xHelloQuincyx
    xHelloQuincyx Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    http://nutrition.about.com/u/ua/hydrationwater/How-I-Drink-Enough-Water-Reader-Tips-To-Drink-Enough-Water.htm

http://quick-dish.tablespoon.com/2011/04/05/how-to-drink-more-water/

http://www.dwlz.com/WWinfo/water.html

http://www.wikihow.com/Drink-More-Water-Every-Day

check these links out

i also saw on pintrest a picture of a clear water bottle where they drew on the outside with a sharpie. about every inch down they wrote a time. if you arnt by that line at that time, you better step up your game!
  • snappled
    snappled Posts: 48
    Options
    I use MIO in my water- I fill an 8 cup water bottle first thing when I get up and drink that, usually by dinner time I need to refill it- I rarely drink anything but water these days. I don't like my water really cold or really warm, has to be just a tad colder than room temp, I have found that when I get really cold water I won't drink as much of it. Occasionally i put some mint leaves in my water also.

how come Canada doesnt put propylene glycol in their MIO but put it in in the USA
  • annielaurie88
    annielaurie88 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I have found out I drink more water when I have a straw?? Not sure why that is but I drink at least 5 cups of water at work and it is because I have a cup with a straw that I leave there and I fill it up with ice and water in the morning and afternoon.

i think this might help! now to buy some straws... :) or ill get one of those water bottles with the built in straw:) thanks for the advice!
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options

Me too! I bought some plastic cups at walmart that have a lid and straw and drinking enough water is no longer a problem.
  • AliciaStaton
    AliciaStaton Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Hi I usually drink low calories flavoured water, I have 4 glass with my lunch then when I go to the gym I have my bottle which makes up the 8 cups, I try to drink 8 but it is hard. Try adding some flavour to it that may help
  • cappri
    cappri Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    When I first started training myself to drink more water, I forced myself to drink a large glass of water before each meal. That took care of 3/4 of my water needs, one more bottle of water and that's it for the day. Now I drink so much water I feel a little naked when I don't have water with me.
  • miranda_mom
    miranda_mom Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    I second everyone about the straw - amazing inventions! I bought a 16 oz. straw cup with my college logo on it. I can down that thing in like 10 minutes flat! I have to fill it up several times each morning, once again at lunch (and sometime I wish it were bigger because I drink the whole thing during lunch) and several more times in the afternoon. Plus, I take a 24 oz. bottle on my workouts and down that whole thing too.