Best blender for smoothies?

Options

Replies

• questhaven
    questhaven Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Vitamix for sure! It's a little pricey but it's amazing and you won't regret it! :)
  • nextrightthing
    nextrightthing Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Vitamix,,,,,,,the best!
  • stephenbryant2481
    Options
    I recommend the vitamix too blends everything really fast at commercial quality, there's a good site that goes over all the best blender for smoothies at http://www.thebestblenderforsmoothies.net
  • zfa32937
    Options
    Blendtec and vitamix are hands down the best for blending smoothies but they do come with a hefty price tag. There are some alternatives if you are not looking to spend too much money. Check this guide out:

http://www.nichepage.com/n/kitchenware/best-blender-for-smoothies
  • pandasand
    pandasand Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Vitamix!
  • aylawill
    aylawill Posts: 65
    Options
    I have a Magic Bullet, as well as a Bosch. The Bosch is expensive, but it was a wedding present. Works awesome! I usually just use the magic bullet though.
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options
    On the more affordable side, I use a Black & Decker Crush Master. It makes very silky smoothies with no chunks. Stuff it full of fresh spinach, berries,ice, some almond milk and blend away for about 1 minute. I think it cost less than $35.00. It even crushes ice cubes. I wanted a vitamix, but couldn't afford the $400.00.
  • UZBGIRL
    UZBGIRL Posts: 35
    Options
    I've had a vitamix for more than 30 years. Mind you it was "old and well used" when I got it. Although it still works perfectly I bought a new one about 15 years ago. I gave my old one to my niece. It is a little pricey up front but well worth it. Reconditioned ones cost a little less. Although you can get by with other blenders. Once you've owned a vitamix you would never use anything else. I use it several times a day every day. My container cracked but it was still useable after about 10 years. I called the company to get a replacement. To my surprise they replaced it at no charge even though the warrenty was for 7 years. They said it should not have failed even with heavy useage and the kids occasionally dropping it too. Great company! Great Product!

Yes, that is right. Vitamix is a great product. Blends even chicken bones, wheat, corn.. etc.
  • MariaMariaM
    MariaMariaM Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    Vitamix! Best purchase ever!!
  • LishaCole
    LishaCole Posts: 245
    Options
    My breville die cast hemisphere makes snow, it pulverizes everything I have thrown at it. It's basically amazing. I did originally want a vitamix, but managed to get this one for a few hundred dollars less. It doesn't disappoint. I have in the past had a basic oster, a ninja, and a few magic bullets. This one greatly out performs them.
  • 99clmsntgr
    99clmsntgr Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    My el cheapo Hamilton Beach works fine and I've found it's more technique than anything else. What I've found works the best -

Get the protein powder, liquid and any non-ice (read as frozen fruits) blended. Add the ice SLOWLY, wait until what you've added is thoroughly chopped before adding more. It helps if you get crushed ice out of the ice maker, but that's not entirely necessary. One or two cubes at a time works fine and BE PATIENT. If you over load with too much ice at one time it will over-thicken and not circulate right.

Experiment a little bit before you go dropping any money on a new blender. You may find what you have works fine, you just need to alter how you do it, not what you use.
  • _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,443 Member
    Options
    Ninja!
  • SwimKitty
    SwimKitty Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I've had many blenders over the years, including Cuisinart (leaves pieces of food and ice), Ninja (leaves pieces of leaf veggies like spinach and kale), Blendec (was ok, but started smoking after 2 weeks when I tried to make hummus, so it went back). And then I got the Vitamix - hands down the best thing out there. Granted, the $500 price tag is hard to swallow. But, 7 year all inclusive warranty, including the shipping if you have to return something, not to mention all that it can handle, was worth it to me.

The Vitamix obliterates everything. I throw whole flax seeds and whole raw almonds in with my fruit/vegs, and you can't even find a speck of brown when it's done. Amazing.

For something less expensive for smoothies only, I have heard that the Nutribullet is really good. Bed Bath and Beyond has it for $100 - using the 20% off coupon brings it down to $80. They have an awesome return policy, so you can try it out and see if you like it.
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    I have a cuisinart immersion blended...works ok for smoothies...but I just bought a Ninjas Pro....and love it! It comes with a smallish workbowl, and three smoothie cups for about $80. Good deal.
  • myraknits
    myraknits Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Another vote for the Ninja! I had a Blendtec and sent it back. It really was no improvement for smoothies over the Ninja for a fraction of the price. I used a magic bullet for years but I think the Ninja is better. I use the smallest container for smoothies and it's perfect for a 16 oz glass.
  • wbgolden
    wbgolden Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    i own a vitamix. it is the most amazing thing ive ever purchased.
    </thread>
  • Blayzn10Tiffers
    Options
    what is the best blender for crushing ice for smoothies? I am trying to make a chocolate protein smoothie with cocoa powder and peanut butter that my old gym made. I bought a Ninja professional blender that is supposed to make "snow" from ice but it doesn't live up to the promise because it leaves chunks and doesn't blend well.

Also, try PB2 instead of regular peanut butter and it wont be so thick but tastes just as great!(if not better!!!)
  • MonicaFlachman
    Options
    vitamix is the best and you can use it for so many things. I love mine
  • di2losew8
    di2losew8 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I own the Ninja and love it. I got the one with the large blending glass pitcher and the two individual blending cups with lids to drink from. It has interchangeable paddles one to whip with and one for dough. I love that it has three levels of blades so it pulverizes everything in it. I put fruit with the skin on in it and you would never know it it's so smooth in the end. I had an old oster that I only paid about 30 bucks for and you couldn't mix anything with that…complete waste of money!!
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    Love my Ninja, easy to clean up. Has a good chopper or a pitcher to make a smoothies. Best of all it was affordable.