Best blender for smoothies?

Options

Replies

• Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 Member
    Options
    Big fan of a "regular" ol' blender that the blades screw off of the pitcher base and right onto a mason jar... custom "magic bullet" features do-able for a long time. As long as the lid of a regular mason jar will screw on the base of the pitcher the blades should also screw onto the mason jar... a dozen "custom" beverages in short order as you blend right in the container you could drink out of.. get some jars with the handle if you want 'em. But the more powerful motor in a "real" blender base holds up to much more than the bullet does.

Easy clean, great for spices etc, just use a smaller jar to do spices.. larger jar for bigger drink combos etc. mason jars come in lots of sizes you can find one to suit what you're trying to blend.
  • mellymink
    mellymink Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    The Vitamix was the best kitchen appliance investment I've EVER made.
  • healthyliving_girl
    healthyliving_girl Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    bump
  • iancranerocks
    iancranerocks Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I use my Blendtec every single day, and it does well when adding ice to the mix. I've never tried ice alone.

They have them for $379 at Costco with an eight year warranty. It was spendy for sure, but that only motivated me make sure I got my money's-worth.

On youtube there seems to be a PC vs Mac sort of battle between the Blendtec and the Vitamix. Hey, any $400 blender would have to do the job very well or they wouldn't be so popular.

One thing I like about the Blendtec is that the base is pre-programmed to run for different types of mixes, so I press the Whole Juice button and then clean up my containers while it runs. Here's a video I made of me doing just that:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTWO7d3GZ7o&feature=g-upl

Wow, I recorded that before I joined MyFitnessPal and started eating right all-around. I can't believe how much thinner I look now after just 6 weeks. Heh heh, cool.
  • jazee11
    jazee11 Posts: 321
    Options
    Another vote for vitamix

I returned my ninja the day I got my vitamix
  • StephanieEmpson
    Options
    Vitamix. love ours!!
  • fluffeesquirrel
    fluffeesquirrel Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I have a Ninja... works fine. But, my sister owns the Vitamix and it's definitely better.
  • AnnaMC1977
    AnnaMC1977 Posts: 241
    Options
    Vitamix!
  • tyroneadams
    Options
    Bump!!!!
  • juliesummers
    juliesummers Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • v70t5m
    v70t5m Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    My new Blentec is about one month old, has 91 cycles on it, and is used for smoothies, nut butters, making flour, and soups. I bought it because it will fit under my counters where a Vitamix will not (Vitamix too tall or counters too low).

I would not trade away my Blendtec with Wildside jar unless I had another one waiting for me. Absolutely satisfied.
  • jazee11
    jazee11 Posts: 321
    Options
    what is the best blender for crushing ice for smoothies? I am trying to make a chocolate protein smoothie with cocoa powder and peanut butter that my old gym made. I bought a Ninja professional blender that is supposed to make "snow" from ice but it doesn't live up to the promise because it leaves chunks and doesn't blend well.

Also, try PB2 instead of regular peanut butter and it wont be so thick but tastes just as great!(if not better!!!)

Or you could get a vitamix and make your own yummy peanut butter without all the additives. :smile:
  • Vyshness8699
    Vyshness8699 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    What is the difference between the vitamix and the health master ?
  • CryoMike
    Options
    NINJA!!
  • gabrieti
    Options
    bump
  • 2FattyXFatty4
    2FattyXFatty4 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    i own a vitamix. it is the most amazing thing ive ever purchased.

Co-signed. I use my vitamix every day!
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    I have an Osterizer 10 speed blender, and it's worked well for me for over 10 years. :)
  • ShinyFuture
    ShinyFuture Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    (bookmarking)
  • MariaMariaM
    MariaMariaM Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    What is the difference between the vitamix and the health master ?

Vitamix IMO is a higher quality product with a warranty to back it up (mine has 8 years but even if the jar were to break outside of the warranty, Vitamix will still replace it!). Great customer service too.

It is made in the USA and not in China, there are people who have had a Vitamix for 20 + years and still works like the first day, I have had mine for 5 years now. I use it everyday sometimes twice a day. You can have a shake in 30 seconds, healthy icecream in a few minutes, hot soups in under 5 minutes. I also make peanut butter with mine and I just discovered that it is great for making whipped cream. It is the best kitchen investment I have made.
  • flyinghigh39
    Options
    Just got an Optimum 9900 blender, sold in Australia by Froothie, and in my opinion the best blender out there. The speed and power is almost double most other blenders, and from experience I am very satisfied and would highly recommend it. I use it to make pretty much everything. Not sure if it's being sol in the States but worth looking at as well

Vitamix and Blendtec are my my other favourite brands. My Top 3

1. Vitamix and Optimum
    2. Blendtec
    3. Hamilton Beach