50 pounds in 10 weeks (pic)

Options

Replies

• bigmike7801
    bigmike7801 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    bumping to show to my hubby....I'm trying to get him on the mfp wagon - he is about your height and weight - maybe this will motivate him

Well if he joins, tell him to send me a friend request and we can help each other on our journeys.
  • Tashmayes
    Tashmayes Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Great job! Looking fab!
  • meglynne1987
    meglynne1987 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Awesome! You did a fantastic job! Keep up the amazing work!
  • Yummamamma
    Yummamamma Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    wow thats great! its amazing what a person can do when they put their mind to it!!! feels so good to see those kind of results I bet! Great job. Keep it up!
  • unlocke
    unlocke Posts: 149
    Options
    Smile dude!! :bigsmile: Fantastic job!!!
  • Jacks039
    Options
    Do work !!!!!!!
  • Zelenka06
    Options
    Great job!
  • sewerchick93
    sewerchick93 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!!!!! Looking good!
  • edithejaime
    edithejaime Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    wow u look great keep up the gd work it's paying off (: feel free to add me
  • krissy606
    Options
    congrats! you look great
  • HeavyLiftGirl
    HeavyLiftGirl Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    Amazing work--- CONGRATS!!
  • edithejaime
    edithejaime Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    did 800 cal get u thru the day ???
    Great Job! How have you changed your eating habits and what does you typical workout consist of. I have lost 59lbs in 2 months basically doing the same 800 cal in started easy at gym first 2 weeks then 1200 cal burned 4 times daily not up to 1800 burned daily. Just added Insanity abs 2 wks ago melting waist line. Today did the Navy PT thought was gonna die - now I know why most choose the swim...lol

Well I have greatly decreased my caloric intake. I have no idea how many calories per day I was consuming before I started counting calories and I'm not sure I want to. I usually range from 800 calories per day to 1800 depending upon what's for dinner and how hungry I am. I usually have a light yogurt for breakfast and then one for lunch after my workout. For dinner I've been eating leaner meats, al ot more vegetables and thrown in more seafood as well.

My workouts durring my lunchbreak are generally an hour long and consist mostly of jogging on the treadmill, elliptical, crunches, Pec Dec Butterfly machine and Triceps Pull-down.

My evening workouts I usually do the elliptical, stationary bike and more chest/arm weight machines and I usually bike the 3 miles to the gym from my house.

I've also been playing tennis a couple times a week and basketball once a week.

Sunday is my rest/recovery day and I usually don't do much.

I hope this answers your question!
  • joshi919
    joshi919 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    That's great! Keep it up. I'll look into the Couch to 5K program. Thanks for sharing.:smile:
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    C25K is awesome! Congrats on finishing and on your success!
  • sunnyGinnaye
    Options
    wow, very awesome! ran a 5k huh? ok well I better step up my game! :)
  • bigmike7801
    Options
    did 800 cal get u thru the day ???

Yeah for the most part. I just ate stuff that was very low in calories and kept busy and my mind off of eating. I think the fact that I knew it was temporary and I was just doing to help shrink my stomach size helped too.
  • Muslimah1218
    Muslimah1218 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    So far I've lost 50 pounds in about 10 weeks by completely changing my eating habits and dedicating myself to the gym as well as other physically active activities.

My biggest NSV to date is completing the couch to 5k program last week and being able to run a 5K on the treadmill without stopping.

I've still got 60 pounds to go before I hit my first goal and then I will reassess where I'm at, but i figured I'd post a progress pic to help keep me motivated.

Also, I'm 6'3 in case anybody was wondering.

50-pounds.jpg
    YOU LOOK AMAZING.... 50 POUNDS IN 10 WEEKS...... Tell me more of what you did......!!!!!!!!!!
  • bigmike7801
    Options
    YOU LOOK AMAZING.... 50 POUNDS IN 10 WEEKS...... Tell me more of what you did......!!!!!!!!!!

The number one thing I did was quit eating whatever I wanted. After doing the math, I probably was having 800 calories or more just for breakfast and then another 800 for lunch with little to no exercise some days.

Now I'm eating a yogurt for breakfast and one for lunch right after my workout and getting evening time exercise as well so as to stay active and help burn some of those night time lazy calories.
  • VickyClare75
    Options
    Fantastic weight loss!! Keep up the good work :wink:
  • para999sal
    Options
    WOW thats great work:wink:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!