Keep up the GREAT work, you are a motivation to us all.:bigsmile:
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    wow, you actually look younger ..... keep up the good work :drinker:
  • cupcakes_
    cupcakes_ Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Wowzers, that's a lot of weight to lose in that amount of time. Well done!
  • pen_thief
    pen_thief Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    First of all, that's incredible. Not only losing the 50lbs in just 10 weeks, but the running thing.

If you get just a second, could you tell me a bit about your experience with running? I've just started myself a little over a week ago. I found a website that helps you ease into running a straight 30 minutes in just 10 weeks, but I don't know if I'll be able to do it. Right now I'm on the very first stage, running 2 minutes and then walking 4. I'm going very slow because I cannot last at anything above 2.7 mph walk, 4.0 mph run. (I tried a 4.5 mph run and I could not last past 2 cycles). Did you also struggle in the beginning? Is it normal to feel like I can't get a full breath until about 2 minutes after the running? I find myself able to get through this beginning stage, but just barely. It's been 20 minutes since I ran and I still have the remnants of stitches in my sides - although I'm very glad I did it!

Sorry for the huge pile of questions. I'll understand if you're busy/can't be bothered.

Might I add you look great? :)

I'll do my best to answer your questions :)

I used an app on my iPhone called C25K FREE by Zen Labs. It's basically an 8-9 week program that starts you out slowly and works you up week by week. If you aren't able to complete the current stage, you don't have to move on and can just keep it at your pace.

I've always been active and been into sports so I think I may have had a bit of an easier time with this program than others who are starting from nothing.

My advice is work at your own pace. Get a good pair of running shoes. And stretch!

I gotcha :) I haven't been athletic since the 6th grade when I was in basketball. I was one of the tallest in my class (stand at 5'11" currently), so my mom pressured me into it. I loved the warm-ups, especially the running. I got so conditioned and was just a few pounds overweight.

Then junior high happened, and then high school happened. I became an artsy person, dropped all the physical activity and reallly regretted it ever since. But I'm going to get the old me back, come hell or high water. I will just do what I can do and if I have to stay at a lower stage for a longer time, I will.

Congrats again on your success so far!!
  • MilaMcMullen
    Options
    Great work!
  • gwild0r
    gwild0r Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Hey dude.. as someone who started this journey in the 300lb range.. Keep it up.. Your body will thank you later. You are already kicking *kitten* though..
  • mom2rpkp
    mom2rpkp Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Wow! Great job! Did you have problems with joint/muscle pain? Despite having 150 pounds to lose, I just started a similar program to run a 5K - it's called Run with God, and it starts off slow and takes 13 weeks. I'm struggling but determined to do it as it seems the only times in my life I've been successful losing weight, I ran for exercise. Now for the stupid question: What does NSV mean? I keep seeing it referenced on MFP.
  • lisopolous
    lisopolous Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Awesome! You look great!
  • ABetterJayme
    ABetterJayme Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Great job! Guess now I will go check out my treadmill... lol
  • tlo23
    tlo23 Posts: 68
    Options
    Awesome!! Keep up the great work!!
  • CORunner82
    CORunner82 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Way to go!! You are looking great. Keep up the good work and the running!
  • Julesmelfi
    Options
    Nice work!! Keep it up :)
  • Caffeine_Addict
    Caffeine_Addict Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    wow!! awesome! im going to start the couch to 5k program when i move and have no gym membership. this is inspiring.
  • blakeym
    blakeym Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    excellent effort !!
  • thaga023
    Options
    Congratulations!!! I think that is so awesome...keep it up!
  • alarae
    alarae Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    The incredible shrinking man. Nice job!
  • Blunderguff
    Options
    Well done! This is amazing!
  • Ivarivdnoe
    Ivarivdnoe Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    GREAT JOB! Way to go!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!