50 pounds in 10 weeks (pic)

Options

Replies

• Sthrncupcake
    Sthrncupcake Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Great work Mike! Big difference all over! Keep it up hun!
  • REDI4CHANGE60
    Options
    Hi there! I just began my journey TODAY and I am really impressed with your success. Keep up the great work and I hope I can put up some good numbers too!
  • lbrown
    lbrown Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Amazing! I'm just starting and you are inspiring me!
  • ASDavis72
    ASDavis72 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Great job!!! Thanks for the motivation!!!
  • Ilovetrish
    Options
    Wowza! You look great. Your face looks so much slimmer.
  • amyLhuff
    amyLhuff Posts: 102
    Options
    Great job
  • DoomCakes
    DoomCakes Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    ... WOW!
  • Squiggs67
    Squiggs67 Posts: 178
    Options
    You are doing awesome! Keep up the great work, looks good on you :smile:
  • dcerna62
    dcerna62 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I LOVE when people post pix of their changes. It really keeps me motivated. Thank you and GREAT JOB!!! Keep up the good work.
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    wow!!! awesome job!!!! looking great!!!
  • ChristaFall
    ChristaFall Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    WOW! What a difference! You look great!
  • akrnrunner
    akrnrunner Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    awesome job!
  • MrsWilsoncroft
    MrsWilsoncroft Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    Great progress keep it up x
  • shandiex
    shandiex Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Well done, that is a great result, makes me want to keep going.
  • pen_thief
    pen_thief Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    First of all, that's incredible. Not only losing the 50lbs in just 10 weeks, but the running thing.

If you get just a second, could you tell me a bit about your experience with running? I've just started myself a little over a week ago. I found a website that helps you ease into running a straight 30 minutes in just 10 weeks, but I don't know if I'll be able to do it. Right now I'm on the very first stage, running 2 minutes and then walking 4. I'm going very slow because I cannot last at anything above 2.7 mph walk, 4.0 mph run. (I tried a 4.5 mph run and I could not last past 2 cycles). Did you also struggle in the beginning? Is it normal to feel like I can't get a full breath until about 2 minutes after the running? I find myself able to get through this beginning stage, but just barely. It's been 20 minutes since I ran and I still have the remnants of stitches in my sides - although I'm very glad I did it!

Sorry for the huge pile of questions. I'll understand if you're busy/can't be bothered.

Might I add you look great? :)
  • ImKindOfABigDeal40
    ImKindOfABigDeal40 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Wow! Congrats dude. It's extremely noticeable in your face. Whatever you're doing, keep doing it!
  • juli_jones
    juli_jones Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    bumping to show to my hubby....I'm trying to get him on the mfp wagon - he is about your height and weight - maybe this will motivate him
  • jklabs
    jklabs Posts: 12
    Options
    Wow...you're doing great, Mike!! Very inspiring. Keep up thr great work!!
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    Great job sir. That is an incredible difference.
  • bigmike7801
    bigmike7801 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    First of all, that's incredible. Not only losing the 50lbs in just 10 weeks, but the running thing.

If you get just a second, could you tell me a bit about your experience with running? I've just started myself a little over a week ago. I found a website that helps you ease into running a straight 30 minutes in just 10 weeks, but I don't know if I'll be able to do it. Right now I'm on the very first stage, running 2 minutes and then walking 4. I'm going very slow because I cannot last at anything above 2.7 mph walk, 4.0 mph run. (I tried a 4.5 mph run and I could not last past 2 cycles). Did you also struggle in the beginning? Is it normal to feel like I can't get a full breath until about 2 minutes after the running? I find myself able to get through this beginning stage, but just barely. It's been 20 minutes since I ran and I still have the remnants of stitches in my sides - although I'm very glad I did it!

Sorry for the huge pile of questions. I'll understand if you're busy/can't be bothered.

Might I add you look great? :)

I'll do my best to answer your questions :)

I used an app on my iPhone called C25K FREE by Zen Labs. It's basically an 8-9 week program that starts you out slowly and works you up week by week. If you aren't able to complete the current stage, you don't have to move on and can just keep it at your pace.

I've always been active and been into sports so I think I may have had a bit of an easier time with this program than others who are starting from nothing.

My advice is work at your own pace. Get a good pair of running shoes. And stretch!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!