Cell Phone Notifications!

Options

Replies

• jdm0804
    jdm0804 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    When I get a text, I get Navi from Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time saying "Hey, Listen!"

My email alert is the alert sound from Metal Gear Solid.

I'm a huge nerd. I'm proud of my sound scheme!
  • tablefanphone
    tablefanphone Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I use vibrate and a sound on my Droid but I don't text much - mostly with my (grown) kids and 1 sister and 1 friend. Most people my age (50's) don't text.

I didn't know that vibrating uses more power - thanks for that info. I do use a USB charger at work with my laptop. My Droid just barely makes it through the day without needing more charge.
  • 1Fizzle
    1Fizzle Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Mines is the Rick Ross grunt...still funny.

Can you tell me where you get this? I have to have this!

Second that....Where can you find this? LOL
  • j_wilson2012
    Options
    Final Fantasy sounds.. Different ones for different alerts.

final fantasy kicks *kitten*!!!!!! Im playin eight right now. Just finished 7 for the 4th time, and Tactics for about the 15th time. kinda mad with tactics, though. Game set me up with 8 Ninjas in a battle, right after I just made about 200k on propositions, and not saving. I got slaughtered.
  • cassavaca
    cassavaca Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    mine is Quagmire saying "Giggity Giggity Giggity"
  • EyeLikeTacos
    EyeLikeTacos Posts: 324 Member
    Options

final fantasy kicks *kitten*!!!!!! Im playin eight right now. Just finished 7 for the 4th time, and Tactics for about the 15th time. kinda mad with tactics, though. Game set me up with 8 Ninjas in a battle, right after I just made about 200k on propositions, and not saving. I got slaughtered.

I haven't played Final Fantasy since my PS2 days.....

I agree...most definitely top 5 RPG series of all time...
  • damedame
    damedame Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    i have it on vibrate unless at work, then silent
  • EyeLikeTacos
    EyeLikeTacos Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Just as an fyi.....vibration uses the battery almost twice as much as ringing. You will find that some days, your phone will die by noon. IF you have availability for it, get a charger for work, or take your charger with you. Most smartphone chargers double as a usb cable. If that is so, just plug it into your laptop or computer. It will charge it up, while at the same time, you can transfer pics into your computer to save memory.

Thanks for this!

I was thinking that I can't do vibrate and sound anymore...My old cellphone was the LG ENV...and I could go days with out charging it...

It's going to take some getting use too...but I do have a car charger, and a house charger..will get an office charger too..

Yeah, especially if you use your cell phone for work. Just check google. I am pretty sure studies have been done regarding how long of talk time you have per charge, how much screentime you have per charge, as well as ringtime. For instance, the moving background (like the one where the grass sways in the wind, and the sun reflects time of day) will eat your battery alive. Also, be sure to check your ram, to make sure no unneccesary programs are running in the background. This happens with apps that use auto upgrades. Dont use auto upgrades. Whenever you use an app, if they need updating, your phone will let you know. You can then choose to update them all at once. Otherwise, the system is always checking.

The tech at verizon..showed me how to swipe off apps running in the background...I am always making sure about that...So far the only apps I downloaded are MFP, Pandora, Weather, BoA, Facebook, Shazam, and Amazon MP3....I hope that I get the prompt for updates...I agree...I do not want auto updates.
  • j_wilson2012
    Options

I haven't played Final Fantasy since my PS2 days.....

I agree...most definitely top 5 RPG series of all time...

You can download them off the ps3 now........only $10 a pop!!!!!
    The PS Network allows you to download just about anything they have ever made. It is awesome!
  • j_wilson2012
    Options
    Just as an fyi.....vibration uses the battery almost twice as much as ringing. You will find that some days, your phone will die by noon. IF you have availability for it, get a charger for work, or take your charger with you. Most smartphone chargers double as a usb cable. If that is so, just plug it into your laptop or computer. It will charge it up, while at the same time, you can transfer pics into your computer to save memory.

Thanks for this!

I was thinking that I can't do vibrate and sound anymore...My old cellphone was the LG ENV...and I could go days with out charging it...

It's going to take some getting use too...but I do have a car charger, and a house charger..will get an office charger too..

Yeah, especially if you use your cell phone for work. Just check google. I am pretty sure studies have been done regarding how long of talk time you have per charge, how much screentime you have per charge, as well as ringtime. For instance, the moving background (like the one where the grass sways in the wind, and the sun reflects time of day) will eat your battery alive. Also, be sure to check your ram, to make sure no unneccesary programs are running in the background. This happens with apps that use auto upgrades. Dont use auto upgrades. Whenever you use an app, if they need updating, your phone will let you know. You can then choose to update them all at once. Otherwise, the system is always checking.

The tech at verizon..showed me how to swipe off apps running in the background...I am always making sure about that...So far the only apps I downloaded are MFP, Pandora, Weather, BoA, Facebook, Shazam, and Amazon MP3....I hope that I get the prompt for updates...I agree...I do not want auto updates.

There is an app for ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING nowadays. You will be gettin more. trust me.
  • RavenhairedWoman
    RavenhairedWoman Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    When I get a text, I get Navi from Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time saying "Hey, Listen!"

My email alert is the alert sound from Metal Gear Solid.

I'm a huge nerd. I'm proud of my sound scheme!

This wouldn't work for me but only because I have friends that would text me non stop so my phone would be all like "Hey, Listen!" "Hey, Listen!" "Hey, Listen!" "Hey, Listen!" "Hey, Listen!" an then I'd want to stab it like I wanted to stab Navi in the games. I mean I'd be trying to break all the jars in the room or cut down all of the grass and she would be like "Hey, Listen!" and I'd be like, "Hey, I'm breaking/cutting things at the moment, be with you in a bit." but she would just keep on saying "Hey, Listen!". But serious props for having that as a sound. I think the chest opening sound would be funny too.

Love the idea of the MGS alert sound! Might have to steal that :p.

My phone is on silent most of the day at work because it is frowned upon to even bring our phones to our desks. But I just use stock sounds found on the iPhone I change it up from time to time. I haven't really looked into custom sounds because my phone is on silent so much. My dad's ring tone is the duck quacking on the iPhone though. He set his iPhone ring tone to that and sometimes answers his phone by saying "quackline!" I love that weird man.
  • j_wilson2012
    Options
    Yeah, as far as updates, go, it will show it in the upper left corner of the status bar. U bring the bar down, click on the updates, and it goes into the app's updater. It only happens every once in a while, so you dont necessarily have to do it right away. took me a while to get used to the smartphone too. But I love it. If you have netflix online streaming, you can get all of that on your phone. It is pretty cool.
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    A doorbell sound along with vibrate.
  • Alliwan
    Alliwan Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    I have ROFLMAO from Oxhorn, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEWgs6YQR9A

It gets stuck in your head....
  • rickgomez2003
    Options
    I am at customer sites all the time.

B) vibrate
  • NiSan12
    NiSan12 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    My text message notification says HEY BEAUTIFUL, YOU HAVE A TEXT MESSAGE. Got it from an app called Zedge. I have Sprint as my carrier.
  • sarahharmintx
    sarahharmintx Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Mine is a simple sound that came with the phone. At work I put it on silent/vibrate but the vibrate doesnt work anymore so its just silent and sad.
  • j_wilson2012
    Options
    If you download games apps, it only uses data to download the game. It doesnt use data to play it. Just so you know you wont go over. I have metro, so I am only limited on speed. I get 2.5 g at the 4g speed, and once I hit that, I go down to 3g. Verizon doesn't have an unlimited data plan, so make sure you keep an eye on that. go over, and you will regret it. At 4g, it is sooo easy to do!
  • heytherestephy
    heytherestephy Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Mine phone is always on vibrate but when I have the ringer on it's the bird whistle that came stock with my iPhone.