Starting Today -- One Day at a Time

Options
2»

Replies

• mrhappy86
    Options
    hello im 313 and i hate it trying to lose weight but its hard for me i like to eat junk food
  • ObtainingBalance
    ObtainingBalance Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me for support:)
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    Put the elliptical in the kitchen. Trust me. This is very effective. ~chuckling~ That's not the reason that's where ours is, but it's helpful.

I definitely used to be a 'reward with food' person, but I seem to be steadily getting out of that habit, or making better choices when rewarding myself with food. ~I love,love, love strawberries and satsumas~

Good luck. This is a great place and thanks for another thumbs up on the FitBit... I've got to get one.
  • urfitnesspal2
    urfitnesspal2 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    One day at a time is a great way to do it. Good luck :)
  • tnmyers23
    tnmyers23 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me as a friend for support. I started out doing this on my own and have only been using "MyFitnessPal" about a month but I am so in love with it. I had 115 pounds to lose when I started dieting 7 months ago and have lost 56 of those pounds to date. I set small goals and when I reach them I reward myself with a treat but not something that will sabatoge me but like a manicure, pedicure , massage..ect. that way it is something that will make me feel good.
  • Peteshaped
    Peteshaped Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Same here - feel free to add me :) You just need to be open and honest with yourself about what you eat and not hide the gory truth from your calorie counter. Put the calories in to the counter for your treat _before_ you eat it. That way you will feel more that the treat isn't really a treat in the long run.

I wish you all the best of luck.

Pete
  • brandysparksW
    Options
    welcome!
  • tarag8100
    tarag8100 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    First off - love my FITBIT! On average, I was getting 4-5k steps a day just doing my normal thing at work. My first goal was to get up to 8k steps/day. Then I increased it to 10k steps/day. For 2 months, I have consistently averaged more than 10k steps/day. I usually take 1 rest day so I don't get 10k that day but the other days make up for it. YOU CAN DEFINITELY DO 10,000 STEPS/DAY!

Second - be my friend! I feel as though I have lost and found the same 10-15 pounds so many times over the last few years. I am going to lose them for good this time! My first goal this time around was 10 pounds in Aug. I'm keeping it simple. I take it one day at a time. I have had some baaaaaaaaad days but you know what? I did better the next day. I didn't turn it into a bad week. It helps to be on MFP. I've found it to be addictive - like FB. YOU CAN DO THIS!
  • smilebhappy
    smilebhappy Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP.....this really is a great sight ;)
    "one day at a time" is a great way to go at it. If you goof up today remember tomorrow is a "new" day
    just try to make better choices the next days. Good luck!!