Has anyone done a Color Run?

Options
2»

Replies

• reese66
    reese66 Posts: 2,920 Member
    Options
    We ran/walked the July 1st one in Kansas City with the kids. We had so much fun we signed up to run the one in Des Moines, IA on Oct 6th. We talked a few friends into going so we'll have 10 of us going. We don't wear any electronics but bring a camera. We use an older digital camera so we don't have to worry about the powder getting on it. I saw a few people wrap shrink wrap on their cameras to protect them. It's nice there is no time/pace requirement. This allowed the kids to have a blast! They range in age 5 to 12.

Oh yeah, forgot that one... Protect your phone, had to get a new one because I forgot a baggie to put it in.
  • xxnellie146xx
    xxnellie146xx Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    Looks fun! The one closest to me was last month though. Maybe next year!
  • mstifb
    mstifb Posts: 230
    Options
    I had never heard of it but looks like there is none near my area of Arkansas. Maybe there will be more locations next year or the year afterwards. Looks like fun!
  • Josie_lifting_cats
    Josie_lifting_cats Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    I had a friend do it and she was actually terribly disappointed. She wrote a blog about it actually -

http://whitepeachblog.com/2012/07/16/a-very-colorful-run/
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    Yes I did the one in Kansas City. It was a lot of fun.
  • ksraider
    ksraider Posts: 107
    Options
    I am doing the one in Lawrence, KS the 6th of October. This will be my first 5K after finishing C25K. Thought this would be a fun one to start off with.
  • innocenceportrayed
    innocenceportrayed Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I'm doing my first one in December, in Saint Pete. I am very excited!
  • jody0726
    jody0726 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the one in Lawrence on October 5th also. It will be my first 5K - been running the C25K. Kind of worried - not about the run, but that it's in Lawrence. GO TIGERS!!!! MU!! Whoo hoo!!!!

Cannot freaking wait!!!!!!
  • LoosingMyLast15
    LoosingMyLast15 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    <
    umm yup! this is not how i normally look. LOL! so much fun.
  • LoosingMyLast15
    LoosingMyLast15 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    it won't be sticky but def don't open your mouth when you get up to the color stations. since it's corn starch it's more like chalk on your skin. inhaling it won't hurt you but it will make you cough.
    It's coming here in October. Can't wait!!! Sort of nervous about inhaling the color or it being sticky, but I've heard nothing but great things about it
  • Heaven71
    Heaven71 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Have done Color Me Rad twice and doing The Color Run in Sept.

LOVE IT!!!
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    I did one in June. I thought it was just ok. The course was set up zig-zagging around the parking lot of a mall. The course was really narrow and it seemed that most people were walking, so my friend and I (who run) got stuck behind walkers. It was fun with the color going everywhere and all that, but at the finish line (of course I sprinted to the finish and was gasping) a kid threw a handful of the colored cornstarch directly into my mouth! Like his hand cupped around my mouth!! I ended up choking on the cornstarch and threw up. Also...it was red!! It looked like I was barfing blood...in front of everyone. SO AWESOME.

BUT...I know a lot of people had fun! Just keep your mouth closed when going through the "color stations" and you should be fine :)