How do YOU handle running out of daily calories?

Options

Replies

• SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    If I go over I just make healthy choices the rest of the day. Worst thing you can do is starve yourself though. One bad day won't destroy your efforts.
  • MrsLVF
    MrsLVF Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Eat dinner as usual, forget about it, and move on. Everyone "slips up" sometimes and as long as it's not a daily event, it won't hurt your bottom line that much. Feel good about your progress made so far (37 lbs is a great start!) and tomorrow is a new day. Adding in a bit of exercise won't hurt either!:happy:
    exactly!
  • sarahx_17
    sarahx_17 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    i have a slim-a-soup, half a cucumber and a cup of frozen berries for dinner. better to have something light rather than nothing as you might end up binging. and drink a load of water - put yourself back in the healthy eating mindset :)
  • AliciaStinger
    AliciaStinger Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Lately I've been bad and I just accept being over. In the past, I would I try to have a bigger calorie defacit over the next couple of days after. If you eat 1500 calories one day, and average come out to a 300 calorie defacit over the next few days, it still averages out to 1200 calories a day.
  • CChandler81
    CChandler81 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone else...forget about it and move on. I usually have at least one "over" day a week and it hasn't halted my progress. One of the most important things I've learned is to forgive myself for slip-ups, purposeful or not.
  • jzrharv
    jzrharv Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    As James Bond would say: Die(t) Another Day.

There's always tomorrow. Just get back on the plan and soldier on, it will continue to work.

One day out of seven, no big deal. Six days out of seven, we've got a problem...
  • JustMagpie
    JustMagpie Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I can give you what my trainer says, She says then your done! no more cals then what you are alloted. Even if it is breakfast.

What I would say is suck it up for today, and continue as you should. Log how you feel how you did, why it happened and learn and move on.

Events such as this always will come up, thanksgiving, Christmas, birthdays.

Live, and learn and move on!
  • DaBossLady24
    DaBossLady24 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Eat a healthy dinner even if you go over your allotted calories, schedule a workout of some sort (even if it's just walking, sit ups, push ups, jogging in place, SOMETHING), and just learn from your mistakes.

No one is perfect.
    Just remember that and move forward. Good luck to you! :flowerforyou:
  • Lisah8969
    Lisah8969 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    First off, the more you exercise, the more you start to like it. Eventually, you will feel like you NEED it.

Couldn't agree with this more! I am taking today off, but honestly feel like I am forcing myself to do it. I work out 6 - 7 days a week and while I know that my body does need rest, I still want to go home and jump on the bike for 45 minutes before dinner. I never thought this sort of thing would happen to me.
  • cobracars
    cobracars Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    I usually whine about it and then look for someone else to blame.
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    Do some exercise to "earn" some more, or go over and make up for it by knocking 100 cal off a couple of other days of the week.
  • KIMBAILEYWILLIAMSON
    KIMBAILEYWILLIAMSON Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I would try to squeeze more exercise in, but if I can't, I try to even out the calories with the rest of the week. For example if I ate 300 calories over today, I would eat 100 less for the next 3 days. It happens :)

This was a good question and I like the answer above ^^
  • needles85365
    needles85365 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    I go to bed. You know where our weakness is so once in a while it won't hurt. Have a light dinner and start over tomorrow.
  • wolfehound22
    Options
    Eat, and do a better job tomorrow. Starving yourself is not a healthier option. Better to go over by a couple hundred then not eat for 12+ hours. One day is not going to mess up your progress.
  • SPBROOKS68
    SPBROOKS68 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    EXERCISE
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    If I have time I'll exercise to "earn" more caloires. Otherwise I just go over and try to even it out over the next several days. Or not. Sometimes I just have a high calorie day and go on with my life. As long as it's not often it's no big deal.
  • hiddensmiles21
    Options
    I usually whine about it and then look for someone else to blame.

hahaha yep. ^^^

No seriously, I just do egg white and veggies for dinner and realize that you ARE changing your habits, before you never would have paid attention to those pesky peanuts calories.
  • cbeutler
    cbeutler Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal, salad, exercise
  • theteamarie
    theteamarie Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I would suggest eating anyways (maybe something light like a salas with protein if you're worried about too many calories) and exercising a bit if you find it necessary (or maybe just going on a walk?). And of course stay super hydrated, that always helps me. I drink water even when it's the last thing i want and it makes a big difference in my intake.
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options
    Every morning, I plan my meals ahead, so I seldom run out of calories. I spend my days at home, so it's pretty easy. I'm sure if you work or have a family, it would be difficult to know ahead exactly what you are going to eat. There is a lot of good advice here. It's amazing what people can do if challenged!