COFFEE DRINKERS ADVICE NEEDED!

Options

Replies

• katiejarr
    katiejarr Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I have to have my coffee in the AM or Im tired and cranky! I bought a small espresso maker and I steam/froth low fat milk, I measure 1/4 cup but when it froths up I end up only using half of that so its like 25 calories...then I use 2 packets of Truvia which is Stevia and its sweeter than Splenda and tastes more like sugar but has no calories...so it works for me...then I sprinkle some Nestles Chocolate Quick on top just for a bit extra sweetness...I love chocolate with my coffee :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • teejay2039
    Options
    Wow, LOTS of coffee drinkers out there! :) I have a Keurig, and love my flavored K-cups, which usually need no sweetener, but i love creamer so I use the sugar-free International Delights. I like to play around with different flavors so I also use Stevia-in-the-raw to sweeten if needed.
  • janet0522
    Options
    Coffee Mate's "Natural Bliss" LF Vanilla.= 20 calories in one Tablespoon.

it's very good. I've slowly weaned myself off of sugar and sugar substitutes... tough to do
  • jroselive2012
    Options
    I don't go a morning without a couple cups of coffee! I used to use flavored creamers and LOTS of sugar. I've just switched to 1% milk and sugar free vanilla almond milk as a substitute and sometimes a tsp of brown sugar. I love sugar and cream, so it has been an adjustment for sure. Good luck finding what works for you! Sounds like you're doing a good job!
  • Zoggy3333
    Zoggy3333 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I have 2-3 cups in the morning with creamer and another in the afternoon or an energy drink (15cal) or 5hr energy. I just included as part of my caloric intake for the day.

You could try to wean yourself off.... if you figure this out let me know.....lol.... I tried unsuccessfully.

All the other posts have some good advice. Good luck with your weightloss goals
  • Zoggy3333
    Zoggy3333 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    What I add depends on the coffee.
    At work and home, I drink black with nothing.
    At Starbucks, I drink black with nothing.
    At McDonalds I add 1 sugar
    At Dunkin Donuts I add 1 sweatener
    At restaurants I add different things or nothing depending on the taste.

On a side note, I am always amazed at people that add 12 sugars to coffee. Why not just buy a milkshake?

LOL!!!! If I put a sweetened creamer in my coffee I don't need sugar. If I'm just using creamer and sugar, it's about 2 packs of sugar. I agree though! 12 sugars is a little excessive haha!
  • MelisRunning
    MelisRunning Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    Black and black only~the stronger the better. Actually, it the spoon stood up in it because it was so strong, that would be about right!
  • heatherk0908
    heatherk0908 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Half and half and splenda here. I drink one cup every morning and it has 45 calories (I use prepackaged half and half so I know exactly how much I'm using in my one cup). the good thing about half and half is it's so much creamier so I don't need as much. Also my favorite k cup is the Millstone hazelnut. Since the coffee has some flavoring I don't want creamer with flavoring. I also like it with the plain coffeemate, which is really low in calories.

I say try some flavored coffees and then use plain creamers.
  • heatherk0908
    heatherk0908 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Oh and I almost forgot, I love McDonalds coffee for some reason. I get a medium with 3 cream and splenda and it comes out to 60 calroeis I think.
  • fablevins
    fablevins Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I"m a big coffee drinker too. I stick a half cup of organic plain soymilk in mine. I think the protein is a bonus.:smile:
  • atyoursix
    Options
    I drink it black and chase it down with a protein bar...Love it!
  • ctalimenti
    ctalimenti Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I keep vanilla protein powder.mixed with water and use it like creamer in my coffee. also, there are sugar free coffee syrups (white chocolate, coconut, almond, blueberry cream, etc) . i get the syrup at specs liquor store, in the mixers section

This is an awesome idea! Two birds with one stone really!

I drink a 100 calorie protein powder and put Foldgers instant crystals into it. It's awesome too! It has 18 grams of protein and really fills you up plus gives a kick!!!!
  • lmelangley
    lmelangley Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Personally, I don't use sweetener. I'm sweet enough, already. :laugh:

But, for creamer I use half and half. Whole milk or almond milk on occasion. My coffee is too important to me to use fake creamers. It's the one thing about which I won't compromise. I drink 2 - 3 large coffee cups per day.
  • themetra
    themetra Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I take my 32oz mug black with one splenda (which I will switch over to truvia when I run out) - if I want a change, I'll mix in with my regular brew either 1 scoop of mocha coffee, or, my fave, chocolate raspberry truffle (which I just found out has been discontinued, sad day for me). I rarely drink flavored coffee, so when I do, I feel like I'm treating myself.
  • amielizabeth1
    amielizabeth1 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I'm on the 1200-calorie per day also and ADDICTED to coffee. I use 1 TBS honey and 1/2 cup nonfat milk in my coffee :-)
    Sometimes I have two cups per day.
  • MarthaAnn8186
    MarthaAnn8186 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    First off - as an avid coffee drinker - 35 calories for good half and half and a teaspoon of sugar is SO WORTH IT. Eat a bite less at dinner.

Second, I have to put cream and sugar in lousy coffee. But at home I have an espresso maker. With good ground coffee, it tastes great just black.

My machine will also make skim milk froth for a latte or cappuccino - but you can buy a frother and just put a dollop on your regular coffee.

Quality, not quantity.
  • workitash
    Options
    low fat or no fat milk, and use real raw sugar, the fake stuff is crap! My coffee is about 40cals....not too shabby (and thats with full fat milk, because no one at work likes low or no fat)
  • fluffeesquirrel
    fluffeesquirrel Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I tried unsweetened vanilla almond milk but it tasted funny. I also tried Stevia and it made it bitter. I've adapted to just skim milk and not much of it. I use almond or coconut milk in most things like smoothies or whatever, but I've just found it to be odd tasting in coffee.
  • coopersmom2006
    Options
    I use 1% milk (1/4 a cup heated up) and 1 teaspoon of raw sugar in my coffee. :):drinker:
  • totustuusmaria
    totustuusmaria Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    My coffee is about 80-105 calories and I just ... when I need it I drink it.

I use maxwell instant coffee (Moca = 50 calories/Hazelnut = 70) and Great Value Sugar Free Vanilla Creamer (15 calories) and moo moo half and half singles (10 calories). I also add some fun spices sometimes. I use Stevia instead of Splenda or sugar.