COFFEE DRINKERS ADVICE NEEDED!

Options

Replies

• nicholettebell
    Options
    I cut out all sugar and cream from my coffee....Sniff.....lol
    I now use milk and really not all that fond of it to be honest, on a lighter note, I now drink less coffee.
    There are coffees out there that don't require masking, Jamaican Blue Mountain for example is great black, expensive, but tasty.

Haha! Coffee snob! I drink mine black. But I can drink Folgers, Yumba or Maxwell house. Not so much of a coffee snob after all. I used to drink mine with sugar and milk and over the years I've developed a taste for black coffee and would rather not put any creamer or sugar in it because I think it ruins the taste. I think the bitterness suits me. :ohwell:
  • sweetyedie
    sweetyedie Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Enjoy the coffee and take a walk to burn it off and you will also enjoy the nature. A win win situation.
  • PapaDunx
    PapaDunx Posts: 243
    Options
    I use 100 calories every morning for the best part of the day.
    Coffee
    CoffeeMate (creamer)
    Demerara sugar. (brown, thick and very, very musky to taste)

When I drink coffee out in the real world, I dont take creamer/milk, but then I need to make sure the coffee is good and the sugar is brown.

I work on the basis that I like my coffee the way it is, and if its the only thing Im not going to change, then Ill cycle a little farther every day for it.

I have the full range of coffee makers, depending on who Im drinking it with.

1 pint extra strong espresso for breakfast (espresso machine) So, it has to be the best it can be.
    Cafetiere for fellow aficionados but not as strong as jet fuel
    Filter machine for the rest of the world.

Instant coffee is the devil's spawn and will not be allowed either into my house or in my mouth. I would rather shew off my own arm :laugh:
  • dawnmariep12
    dawnmariep12 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thankfully the only calories im getting from my coffee is the actual creamer, but i use the Coffee mate Liquid creamer, usually Fat Free, which is 20-25 calories a TBSP and i limit myself to no more than 3TBSP for my coffee, and it works perfect. I still get my coffee Caffeine kick, yet im not having to drink just plain coffee. :)
  • kiddoc88
    kiddoc88 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    almond milk and sugar free syrup : ) 30 and zero cals respectively
  • amberlykay1014
    amberlykay1014 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Just a little bit of your local honey would be great for a sweetener. It will also help you built resistance to allergies in your area.
  • Beee_B
    Beee_B Posts: 24
    Options
    Gosh... this post has sooooo many replies it looks like it's funded by big brand coffee houses!

In jest ;) x
  • jlsoules
    jlsoules Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I keep vanilla protein powder.mixed with water and use it like creamer in my coffee. also, there are sugar free coffee syrups (white chocolate, coconut, almond, blueberry cream, etc) . i get the syrup at specs liquor store, in the mixers section

Thank you for this idea!! I'm going to give this a try. I use flavored creamers and they are calories but I like them in my coffee. We'll see how this works. :)
  • talaysia3
    talaysia3 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I have tried other alternatives and have found that I just have to have regular sugar and creamer...lol...I have lowered the amount of sugar that I put in, and found my favorite creamer (coffee mates creamy chocolate) in sugar free. So I waste 96 calories a day.

I used to use splenda, but after all the horror stories of it not breaking down in your system, I stopped. That was the only artificial sweetner that I liked. I will have to go through the comments and see what others are doing for ideas. This is something that I have been asking for a while now.
  • mandersatx
    Options
    I use real 1 tbsp of organic half and half and a pinch of stevia per cup. It's 20 cal a cup and totally worth it. (Central Market Organics 1/2&1/2 = 35 cal/2 tbsp, coffee = 2 cal/8oz, stevia = 0 cal) The chemicals in FF & LF products just aren't worth it to me. I feel satisfied and truly savor the richness of the real McCoy. My morning ritual is usually 3 cups, and I just budget those calories everyday. If it bothers you too much, stay on the treadmill for 5 more minutes. Good luck. I can't make it without my morning cup; my boyfriend, who doesn't even drink it, makes it for me every morning. Yes, I'm that bad. Yes, I know he loves me, and yes, I'm SO marrying this man! :D
  • allisonrozsa
    allisonrozsa Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    What I discovered is that I needed to change my tastebid habits over time. If you normally use cream(12 & 12l then change it to whole milk for a while until you are used to the lihter Colorado/ flavor. The slowly change to 2% and the nonfat. Now I barely put anything in my drinks. His way you train bother your body & your mind to WANT the less caloric/fat things because you don't feel like you're depriving yourself. Same goes with sugar. Just put a little less every week and eventually you won't meed, or even want it.
  • Cordy1228
    Cordy1228 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I've actually just kept drinking it the way I like it - my coffee is my happy place, and I'd rather make adjustments/compromises elsewhere. The creamer/sugar that I use is totally worth the calories, IMO.

The only compromise I've been willing to make is Splenda at home. When I'm out, I still take regular sugar.
  • freeone17
    freeone17 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I normally use 2 tsp regular sugar and a dash of low fat milk, but today I was forced into trying it will coconut milk and it was not bad at all.
  • marciejean2255
    marciejean2255 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I completely understand your dillema. I have the same issue. I have been measuring my creamer and am trying to slowly use less and less. Also, I am able to drink tea with far less calories because I don't need the flavored creamer, so that helps me with my caffeine need.
  • haleydself
    Options
    I HAVE to have my coffee. Always in the morning, but sometimes even around 3:00 in the afternoon. I love it so much, and that is the ONE thing that I will not change. I use whatever creamer I feel like using that morning. International Delight... MMM!!!
    I always use artificial sweetener, but creamer is never Fat free, lol!! I found that Coffee Mate sugar free Halzlenut is pretty good though. I just work around it. It's my only thing that I can enjoy for myself every day, and without it, I think I would just die!
  • mrshoneydew
    Options
    I am also a coffee drinker. I have to have my french roast everyday.
    I will either use 1% and a little sugar or a tablespoon of Great Value fat free vanilla creamer. And sometimes I will even use Silk Vanilla "creamer". But I love the flavor of coffee too much to ruin it with sweeteners. I have found lately that with low fat milk, I don't always even need the sugar if the coffee is a good enough quality.
  • ashlielinn
    ashlielinn Posts: 920
    Options
    I stick with skim milk and splenda. Definitely helps with the calorie problem :)
  • Sabresgal63
    Sabresgal63 Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Honey......drink your coffee with what you like in it........its not worth drinking otherwise:bigsmile:
  • amayaveronica
    Options
    Drink mine plain if you can handle it, no sugar just black coffee
  • dawndw
    dawndw Posts: 203
    Options
    I use silk almond unsweetened and stevia in the raw but I like it that way....I don't think that one indulgence is gonna matter if that is your morning happy place :-)