On Depo Shot. Want to lose a few pounds.

2»

Replies

• I've gained 15 lbs since my first Depo shot in January. I've always been naturally thin, and never worked out aside from some soccer here and there, so I didn't work out when I started Depo. A different BC isn't an option for me (endometriosis). I had surgery in November 2011 (3 small incisions in my stomach), and notice ab muscle loss after that. Once I started the Depo, I obviously never got my ab muscles back and gained weight- alll in my stomach and thigh area. Just what I wanted for summer. I've cut out my normal junk foods (never anything obscene), and have been watching my portions. In the past month, I've lost 3 lbs- so weight loss IS possible while on Depo...it's just very difficult! I plan to add regular gym visits to my eating plan, and hope to drop the remaining 12 lbs.
  • emmaskye15
    emmaskye15 Posts: 60 Member
    Right here we go.... I had my 1st Depo shot yesterday. I weighed in at 76.2kgs. Lets see what I end up at on the 24th of December thats when I am due my renewal shot!

I will give you an update of my progress, whether its gaining or loosing :)

Stay happy people. This is a real time experiment!
  • theonlysheesha
    theonlysheesha Posts: 86 Member
    I got the shot in april and i lost weight by really watching my calorie intake and working out like 2 hours a day. I am off of it now, and havent lost any weight, but then again i havent been exercing like I should. I got off not cause all the problem with fertility and everything also i bleed forever.