Dip Day Ideas

Options
2»

Replies

• JustineMarie21
    JustineMarie21 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Sweet Caramelized Onion Dip- From Hungry Girl book. There are sweet and savoury dip recipes, 19 in total if you want more.
    Ingredients
    2 Large sweet onions
    6 Tablespoons fat-free cream cheese, room temp
    1/2 Cup fat-free sour cream
    1/2 Cup fat-free mayonnaise
    1 Tablespoon light butter
    1 Teaspoon Dijion mustard
    1 Teaspoon balsamic vinigar
    1/4 Teaspoon cayenne pepper
    1/2 Teaspoon salt
    Directions
    Heat butter in large pan over medium-high heat. Once butter has coated the bottom of pan, add onions,cayenne pepper, and salt. Dont worry if onions are piled high in the pan, they will cook down. Sautee for 10 minutes, stir often.
    Reduce heat to medium-low, and cook for aditional 25-30 minutes stirring often until onions are brown and caramelized. Meanwhile in a large bowl combine cream cheese, sour cream, and mayo. Whisk until smooth. Refridgerate. Once onions are caramelized, add mustard and vinigar to pan. Continue to cook for 5 minute, stir frequently. Remove onions from heat and allow to cool. Once cooled add onions to the large bowl and mix dip thoroughly. Refriidgerate overnight and allow flavours to combine.
    Serving- 1/3 Cup
    Cals-74
    Fat-1.75g
    Sodium-512g
    Carbs-11g
  • HotAshMess
    HotAshMess Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Hummus
    guacamole (healthier if made without sour cream....I dont know why people do that!)
    any kind of salsa
    cool whip and hot cocoa mix, mix and leave to sit for a few hours (it will be grainy otherwise). Dip fruit (strawberry, bananas, ect)
    do you have pb2? Try something with that....maybe cool whip and pb2 or something along those lines.
  • Caralynl
    Caralynl Posts: 43
    Options
    Bump
  • Caralynl
    Caralynl Posts: 43
    Options
    Bump
  • vegafalling
    vegafalling Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Yes Hummus! YUM!
  • Reg67
    Reg67 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hummus with veggies to dip.
  • photorific
    photorific Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Drooling!

My go-to is cottage cheese (16 oz) with a packet of ranch dip. YUM!
  • Shelgirl001
    Shelgirl001 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Taco dip is one of my family's favs but it's not healthy. Take a box (8 oz) of cream cheese and an 8 oz. container of sour cream, mix them together and add one packet of taco seasoning. Spread that mixture in the bottom of a pan. On top of that add chopped onions, chopped tomatoes and chopped olives, top with shredded cheese......... eat with tortilla chips. I can eat the whole thing, nom nom nom

If you use the fat free versions of these items, it is healthy...
  • ki4yxo
    ki4yxo Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Yes Hummus! YUM!

mr-yuck.jpg

biggrin.gif
  • mlouise143
    mlouise143 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    This recipe is rather starchy, but otherwise better than many dips and sooo tasty.

I usually make a big batch because I will eat it plain with a spoon when leftover :)

2 cans white kernel corn
    2 cans black beans
    apple cidar vinegar (1/2 c?? just coat the mixture, don't want a big pool)
    1/2 red onion diced
    crumbled feta (as much or little as you like, I usually don't use a whole container)

Mix it all up and let it set in the fridge so the flavors combine. It's really good with Tostitoes scoops, but I'm sure you could modify with a healthier chip or cracker.
  • brilynn79
    brilynn79 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Ditto hummus! I substitute peanut butter for tahini, coconut oil for olive oil, and it gets rave reviews.

Interesting changes-must try