DAMN YOU DIET MOUNTAIN DEW! ~ Help!

Options

Replies

• triinityz
    triinityz Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    No PER SERVING... 2.5 servings per day... 2.5 carbs, I drink 3-4 per day... maybe more sometimes... yea I'm a junkie i know!
  • triinityz
    Options
    OMG 2.5 servings per bottle, not per day... maybe I should cut back on the vodka!
  • triinityz
    Options
    Jolt, Mixed with Red bull, Mixed with Rockstar, Mixed with Monster, Mixed with cayenne pepper (a lil bit). For a real party, add some Grey Goose, but you might wake up in bed with a clown, and have a tiger in the bathroom!

Wow, that explains SO much!
  • Karabobarra
    Karabobarra Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    unsweetened Iced Tea... can't live without it...I have been soda free for 3 years now
  • AngelAtkins61
    AngelAtkins61 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Soda is NO GOOD for you. And large amounts of diet sodas are known for making you gain weight not lose! Also causes weak bones, weak teeth etc.
    Try water with the new flavor things you can add? A few even have B12!
    Water is the best .. try to back off the sodas. Try a cup of coffee maybe? Tea? then go to water!!!!
  • ToughTulip
    ToughTulip Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    No PER SERVING... 2.5 servings per day... 2.5 carbs, I drink 3-4 per day... maybe more sometimes... yea I'm a junkie i know!

Whew! Thats much better than 15 per day xD
  • triinityz
    Options
    unsweetened Iced Tea... can't live without it...I have been soda free for 3 years now

OH!!! THAT HAS CAFFEINE DOESN'T IT? YES! My new addiction, thank you!
  • jsherrill92
    jsherrill92 Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    Honestly I'm addicted to it! I only have maybe 1 bottle + 1 can a day. That's 13 cals or so and a much better option than any other soda. I have lost 85 pounds while drinking diet mtn dew so I believe I will stick with what is working for me.
  • jesusHchris
    jesusHchris Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    I was having the same problem. I switched to low doses of crystal methamphetamine. It does just about the same thing and has 0 calories. I can't figure out why the stuff is illegal - peps me up, places me into scenarios where I meet really interesting people, and actually accelerates weight loss.

I highly recommend this to everyone trying to live a healthy lifestyle.
  • jsherrill92
    jsherrill92 Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    I was having the same problem. I switched to low doses of crystal methamphetamine. It does just about the same thing and has 0 calories. I can't figure out why the stuff is illegal - peps me up, places me into scenarios where I meet really interesting people, and actually accelerates weight loss.

I highly recommend this to everyone trying to live a healthy lifestyle.

I gotta try this!
  • SurfinBird1981
    SurfinBird1981 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Green tea, black tea etc.
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    I really doubt that the minimal carbs and calolries in diet mountain dew are enough to cause any kind of plateau.
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    Wait, so you're a vegetarian who limits carbs to 25g per day? I think you're stuck because you're not eating ANYTHING besides Mountain Dew. What the hell can you eat that's vegetarian and that low carb?
  • triinityz
    Options
    I can't imagine that tiny difference in carbs/sugar is causing a stall...

Also this. I don't think that many carbs/cals will make or break you. I would just start adding in the cals and cut back some

When your total carbs for the day is 20-25, that many makes a huge difference believe it or not. It kicks me right out of ketosis.
  • triinityz
    Options
    Wait, so you're a vegetarian who limits carbs to 25g per day? I think you're stuck because you're not eating ANYTHING besides Mountain Dew. What the hell can you eat that's vegetarian and that low carb?

LOL!!!! I'm lacto/ovum (or however you spell it) I eat eggs and cheese. There's tons of low carb stuff if you are a veg, obviously not as much as if you are a meat eater... but I've like 36 pounds doing it this way so it is possible.
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    You do realize that any food below 5 calories is legally allowed to be listed as 0? You could be getting an extra 1g of carbs for anything you eat listed as 0 calories.
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    FYI every packet of splenda technically has 4 cals and 1 gram of carbs....just in case anyone used a lot and didn't know that....

like Jorra said, anything under 5 calories per SERVING can legally be listed as 0. So if you dump 5 splenda into your iced tea, it is 5 carbs and 20 calories. and iced tea itself has like 2 calories and half a carb per 8 ounces...

so a 24 ounce iced tea with 5 splenda should be logged as 26 calories and 7 carbs.....for example

NOTHING is truly 0 calorie.
  • Briski1411
    Briski1411 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I drink lots of Coffee I also take Dexaprine (when I remember), but if that is not enoufgh I will go buy an energy drink out of the machine. I also really like that 5hour energy ! That is some good stuff, but if u need a boost before you go to the gym to help u make it through your work out. Pick up some kind of Nitric Oside supplement like Ravage at GNC, NO explode, or NO build from bodybuilding.com That's what I use and it Works well for me! :happy:
  • T_R_A_V
    T_R_A_V Posts: 1,629 Member
    Options
    Diet dew is my weakness. I drink a ton of it. In fact thats all I drink besides water.....love it even if it is bad for you
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Have you tried drinking water?

Oh, and 15-ish carbs isn't going to make or break you.
    If you're stuck, it's something else.