What do you think about Interracial relationships?

Options

Replies

• MrsCCWoods
    MrsCCWoods Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    If a person loves you are has your back there race shouldnt matter at all
  • SWilkins75
    SWilkins75 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    The people who judge you based on you and your boyfriends different races are just ignorant bigots. Love is blind, good for you. Good luck to you two!
    My God, you're pretty (off topic)
  • Chapter3point6
    Options
    The people who judge you based on you and your boyfriends different races are just ignorant bigots. Love is blind, good for you. Good luck to you two!
    My God, you're pretty (off topic)

I concur.
  • shaleasymphony
    shaleasymphony Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    i am black and white and my husband is puerto rican and mexican and we have a beautiful little girl who will be 3 next month. for people who don't like interracial relationships, forget them. it's just another prejudice. (i used to date a guy and his parents didnt like us dating because i was a "half-breed mutt) but if you and your boyfriend are appy and hae a healthy relationship thenit doesn't matter if others are ok with it or not, just as long as you are
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Was not a choice that I made but I will not judge another for it; I don't see myself as better because my relationship is white/white... of course it IS French/German so if one were to get down to it, we could get make an argument. I will say that when one chooses an interracial relationship, there are challenges that more traditional relationships do not encounter -- albeit unjustifiably so. Best wishes on your endeavors.
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    anyone who has a problem with this is a horrible human being and should not be allowed to make any decisions on any scale.
    I don't have a problem with it, but personally I have chosen to stay within my own race. I am married now so I won't be falling in love with anyone else anytime soon. no matter what color. But I don't believe if someone is against it (their opinion) that that makes them a horrible person. I personally do not care who other people want to date.

if someone doesnt want to date someone of a different race that is one thing but if you are against other people doing it i stand by my comment.
  • Chapter3point6
    Options
    LISTEN UP WHITE DUDES! You can date all the sisters you want, but keep your damn hands off MY

084.JPG
  • heroyalslimness
    heroyalslimness Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Ok I don't mean to sound mean :explode:

Whoooops! Too late!!

Sorry sorry sorry--honest-really, I could not resist. Too many green drinks :sick:

OP---you say--you are glad there are "opened-minded" people? That's kind of a disturbing comment--especially if you've stated you've experienced a reality and environment, where relationships are respected for what they are --relationships, and thus, ignored for the most part. That's not being "open-minded"--that's being normal---imho.

I kind of agree with the poster that says--it sound like inner judgement--cas you if are into your guy---who has the head-space to concoct movies about other people --re-read your post--you have a few different scripts there---about the some of those characters. That's not one-directed--that's a collaboration.

Maybe it's okay -to accept your own ambivalences.

It does not mean that there is not genuine love--it might you still have some questions---that you <might> think are getting resolved by checking out "reactions" -:brokenheart: --rather than --your own heart:heart: .
  • Chapter3point6
    Options
    The above post is best read after smoking dope.
  • macylane4
    macylane4 Posts: 224
    Options

It's sad when people have to use pictures of random good looking people on their profile instead of themselves. I don't think anybody listens to what you have to say and actually takes you seriously.
    Grow a pair, and own up to what you really look like! It's your first step to where you actually want to be.
  • zahea
    zahea Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    love is love tbh. same goes for gay marriages.
  • opuntia
    opuntia Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I don't think anything about interracial relationships. I didn't know they were something people had opinions on. Maybe they're more of a big deal in North America than in the UK.
  • SWilkins75
    SWilkins75 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    anyone who has a problem with this is a horrible human being and should not be allowed to make any decisions on any scale.
    I don't have a problem with it, but personally I have chosen to stay within my own race. I am married now so I won't be falling in love with anyone else anytime soon. no matter what color. But I don't believe if someone is against it (their opinion) that that makes them a horrible person. I personally do not care who other people want to date.

if someone doesnt want to date someone of a different race that is one thing but if you are against other people doing it i stand by my comment.
    I never said I personally was AGAINST other people doing it. I just never liked someone intimately of another race.
  • Jebbster007
    Jebbster007 Posts: 265 Member
    Options

It's sad when people have to use pictures of random good looking people on their profile instead of themselves. I don't think anybody listens to what you have to say and actually takes you seriously.
    Grow a pair, and own up to what you really look like! It's your first step to where you actually want to be.

uh-oh.....It's on like donkey kong
  • CHRISSYTKS
    Options
    At the end of the day we are all human. all humans want love. as long as E.T. doesn't come down and start asking to be the next bachelor everything is a-ok. by 3012 we will all have some tint to our skin.

In the words of Cole Porter "Birds do it, bees do it. Even educated fleas do it. Let's do it, let's fall in love"
  • Jebbster007
    Jebbster007 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    At the end of the day we are all human. all humans want love. as long as E.T. doesn't come down and start asking to be the next bachelor everything is a-ok. by 3012 we will all have some tint to our skin.

In the words of Cole Porter "Birds do it, bees do it. Even educated fleas do it. Let's do it, let's fall in love"

EXTRA points for Chrissy for the Cole Porter quote.....go girl
  • _Sashka_
    _Sashka_ Posts: 27
    Options
    I'm in one... And he makes me the happiest person ever!
  • LeeM86
    LeeM86 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    What does it matter the color of your skin or stuff like that to fall in love with someone? It's like someone judged a brunette for falling in love with a ginger. Should she only date guys with brown hair?

And anyway, the only people caring about it should be the two persons involved, the people around should go f**k themselves if they have something against it. It's not their lives or their choices.
  • juicygurl1
    juicygurl1 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I didn't know this was an issue with respect to interracial marriages; seriously I thought the “hot topic” in that arena was gay/lesbian marriages.
  • iieee
    iieee Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    What do I think about Interracial relationships? That's like asking what do I think about relationships as far as I'm concerned. It's a non-issue. My mother is half Burmese, half scottish. My sister's husband is black. Most people I know are not "pure bred" anything, we're all parts of something.