What do you think about Interracial relationships?

Options

Replies

• macylane4
    macylane4 Posts: 224
    Options
    Not even going to bother reading the crap above me. Don't need to. When you say interracial are you talking about human/martian? Is there some new species on the planet I haven't heard about?

One world, one race. The human race.

Someone needs to wake up the mods.

The crap above said we are here for motivation and inspiration for our health and weight loss goals...not advice on dating!!!!!!! So there it is in a nutshell!!! We figure that is what facebook is for!!!!!
  • Chapter3point6
    Options
    Not even going to bother reading the crap above me. Don't need to. When you say interracial are you talking about human/martian? Is there some new species on the planet I haven't heard about?

Are you referring to the magical world of Disney?

Sounds nice, but it is not reality.
  • apriltrainer
    apriltrainer Posts: 732 Member
    Options

ditto
  • Chapter3point6
    Options

The crap above said we are here for motivation and inspiration for our health and weight loss goals...not advice on dating!!!!!!! So there it is in a nutshell!!! We figure that is what facebook is for!!!!!

This post would get slammed if it was the middle of the day. You would likely get dozens of reminders that this is the chit chat forum. If you want nothing but fitness talk, this is not the board for you
  • macylane4
    Options
    BE WITH WHO EVER MAKES YOU HAPPY AND HELPS YOU STAY IN SHAPE!!!

Yes exactly!!!! I've learned you need to make life about you, and not everybody else! Whoever is along for the journey hopefully is on the same journey as you, or supports that!
  • macylane4
    Options
    It is still MY FITNESS PAL...and I don't think race/ reilgion is appropriate for any forums! Just saying being negative leads to negative things in your life/ surroundings which leads to failure. I stay positive in any situation, and it has truly changed my life!!!!!
  • VeganZombie13
    Options
    I have no issues, who I'm I to judge and tell someone who they should love?

I say if you find someone and they make you happy then go for it!!
  • lynda155
    lynda155 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    BE WITH WHO EVER MAKES YOU HAPPY AND HELPS YOU STAY IN SHAPE!!!

Yes exactly!!!! I've learned you need to make life about you, and not everybody else! Whoever is along for the journey hopefully is on the same journey as you, or supports that!

Agree with this... :smile: :heart: :smile:
  • Nettabee
    Nettabee Posts: 296 Member
    Options

:flowerforyou:
    I do believe I heard that on Disney Jr. the other day....
  • clarkeje1
    clarkeje1 Posts: 1,638 Member
    Options
    I see no problem with interracial relationships. I've been in several (right now I am not) and I have enjoyed all of them. I think something important to note is that you do need to discuss each others cultures because some things do get lost in translation, but you should never let race or ethnicity get in the way of love or friendship. My past relationships have been great learning opportunities and if things didn't work out with my current partner (not likely) I wouldn't be opposed to having another interracial relationship.
  • stillthesamegirl
    stillthesamegirl Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    It is still MY FITNESS PAL...and I don't think race/ reilgion is appropriate for any forums! Just saying being negative leads to negative things in your life/ surroundings which leads to failure. I stay positive in any situation, and it has truly changed my life!!!!!

Okay. That is your opinion and you are entitled to it. If you don't like posts about things like this... why respond? lol
  • Chapter3point6
    Options

You can reference the site name all you want, but it is still the chit-chat, fun and games message board. And your opinion as to what is appropriate for the forums is irrelevant.
  • Crucker73
    Crucker73 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I thin people should date a person that makes them happy. I have been in an interracial relationship for 17 years. We have 2 beautiful children. This was not my first interracial relationship, but it has lasted the longest time. My family was always very accepting, but his - not so much. He always stood by my side and stood up for me in the beginning when they would say negative things. Now after realizing that I;m not going anywhere lol they got over my skin color and accept me as their daughter.
  • cobracars
    cobracars Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    As long as you are the same age, everything else is okay.
  • Tann19
    Tann19 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    whatever floats your boat!
    I'm too busy getting mine to worry about other people:drinker:

:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • stillthesamegirl
    stillthesamegirl Posts: 112 Member
    Options

Haha this will start a completely different debate.
  • eziskowski
    Options
    Its better to have loved somone then none at all, never regreat your love
  • cobracars
    cobracars Posts: 949 Member
    Options

Haha this will start a completely different debate.

(yeah...and don't tell anyone, but my wife is 18 years older than me, and we've been married 26 years)
  • wheezybreezy
    wheezybreezy Posts: 315 Member
    Options

So positive that you felt the need to write the following:

"I see that the blacks face a lot less hardships then any other race in america....that is an awful statement, and it singled out black like they're dfferent, and victims.... It's harder for the white man to get a job then any other race because the race card has been used soooo often in this country...It's sickening. Our president is half black and half white, and was raised by a white family, and everybody still says a black president., Honestly I think they choose to call a biracial baby black because they get better treatment. Think about that! "

UGH.. I'm sorry that the WASPS in your life were unable to get a job. However, RACISM IS REAL. Get a grip. Yes, this is 2012, but that doesn't mean racism is eradicated. "The race card"...??? I'm appalled.
  • chub92
    chub92 Posts: 8
    Options
    I'm white, my boyfriend is jamaican/black, and I love him to death. He treats me like royalty, puts me before himself(as I do put him first as well). My mom isn't the most supportive of my relationship, but has grown to realise that he is a sweet, loving guy, who respects her and her decisions as well. So, she's coming around on our relationship(it has been a year), but if it comes down to seriousness, I don't care what ANYONE says, because I know that any decisions we make are our decisions, and as long as we make each other happy, it doesn't matter to me.