What do you think about Interracial relationships?

Replies

• sweetchildomine
    sweetchildomine Posts: 872 Member
    My boyfriend is a White Australian. We've never really had any super horrible comments but black guys try to stare him down all the time when we go out. Its hilarious. Then when they find out he's Australian they try to make it out like THAT'S why I'm with him lol hahaha. As if that makes him different than "regular white" so it's ok. lolol People are so dumb. It doesn't bother us at all. We just laugh it off and go on having the amazing time we always do. People ask dumb questions sometimes but we've never had anything horrible said to our faces. I live in Southern California so that could definitely be a part of it. It's pretty diverse here. I'm kind of worried about when we go visit his family in Australia next year because I'm not sure how it is over there. He claims his family already loves me but I know his mom refers to rap as Ni**er music and his dad was confused when he talked to me on the phone because I "didn't sound like a black person". I know that doesn't necessarily mean they are racist but it still worries me. So...haha we'll see how that goes. Any Australians want to let me know how Black/White relationships are viewed in Australia - particularly the Adelaide area? lol let me know cuz I'm scared hahaha. Regardless, we are in love and we don't really care about anyone elses opinion and neither should you! It's YOUR relationship and if you're happy, everyone else can go jump in a lake.
  • AlphamaleBAMF
    AlphamaleBAMF Posts: 373 Member
    My boyfriend is a White Australian. We've never really had any super horrible comments but black guys try to stare him down all the time when we go out. Its hilarious.

They're just jealous. I would be too, you look great in those booty shorts.

As far as interracial relationships go. I've contract the yellow fever several times over the past few years, and I highly approve of them. I don't want to say Asian women are better than white women in every single way, but if I didn't I'd be a liar.
  • emmalouc93
    emmalouc93 Posts: 328 Member
    It's up to people what they do, but I am only attracted to people of the same race. Just personal preference.
  • As far as interracial relationships go. I've contract the yellow fever several times over the past few years, and I highly approve of them. I don't want to say Asian women are better than white women in every single way, but if I didn't I'd be a liar.

Bahahaha yellow fever, I aint heard that one for a while
  • aunty_gaga
    aunty_gaga Posts: 16 Member
    My boyfriend is a White Australian. We've never really had any super horrible comments but black guys try to stare him down all the time when we go out. Its hilarious. Then when they find out he's Australian they try to make it out like THAT'S why I'm with him lol hahaha. As if that makes him different than "regular white" so it's ok. lolol People are so dumb. It doesn't bother us at all. We just laugh it off and go on having the amazing time we always do. People ask dumb questions sometimes but we've never had anything horrible said to our faces. I live in Southern California so that could definitely be a part of it. It's pretty diverse here. I'm kind of worried about when we go visit his family in Australia next year because I'm not sure how it is over there. He claims his family already loves me but I know his mom refers to rap as Ni**er music and his dad was confused when he talked to me on the phone because I "didn't sound like a black person". I know that doesn't necessarily mean they are racist but it still worries me. So...haha we'll see how that goes. Any Australians want to let me know how Black/White relationships are viewed in Australia - particularly the Adelaide area? lol let me know cuz I'm scared hahaha. Regardless, we are in love and we don't really care about anyone elses opinion and neither should you! It's YOUR relationship and if you're happy, everyone else can go jump in a lake.

Well im not Austrailian, I'm from New Zealand and we are pretty similar. I would say that racisim is still around and alot of people act like it doesn't bother them but in private it does...especialy in the older generation. And if his parents call black music n**r music then they are probably like that. I know in Australia alot of the younger generation thinks it is cool to be black. My cousin is a Maori (native to New zealand, a polyneisian race) living in Aussie and she says that Australians want to be her friend all the time. By the way I am quarter Maori, my Mum is half Maori and half european and she experienced alot of racisim from my Dad's european parents. People say racist things about Maori and other races in front of me because I look white. But in saying that, there are people like me that are open minded! Hope I didn't scare you and that you have a good experience!! :)
  • SurfinBird1981
    SurfinBird1981 Posts: 517 Member
    As far as interracial relationships go. I've contract the yellow fever several times over the past few years, and I highly approve of them. I don't want to say Asian women are better than white women in every single way, but if I didn't I'd be a liar.

Haha you would love it where I am living right now :laugh:
  • shelbyfrootcake
    shelbyfrootcake Posts: 965 Member
    I don't understand what there is to think about them. A relationship is a relationship, as long as the participants are happy what else matters?
  • SurfinBird1981

It's sad when people have to use pictures of random good looking people on their profile instead of themselves. I don't think anybody listens to what you have to say and actually takes you seriously.
    Grow a pair, and own up to what you really look like! It's your first step to where you actually want to be.

I thought you wanted MFP to be a motivational place...not a very helpful or motivational post.
  • LTGPSA
    LTGPSA Posts: 633 Member
    Be with the one who makes you happy / treats you as you deserve to be treated. Color should not matter; we all bleed red. :flowerforyou:
  • flagator11
    flagator11 Posts: 103 Member
    I don't understand what there is to think about them. A relationship is a relationship, as long as the participants are happy what else matters?

Absolutely! Been in 2 myself, and never thought about it for a second.
  • sunshine2212677
    sunshine2212677 Posts: 88 Member
    i honestly and completely dont see what on earth the issue is.
    ignorance probably, you see obviously if someone is a different colour, that makes them better/worse than another?
    what would haooen if i sprayed myself green? (other than looking rather odd lol) would it change who i was or who i did or did not have the right to fall for?

i think some people need to get a grip.

good luck to you both :0)

xx
  • 3under2
    3under2 Posts: 133
    <
    Look at my profile pic and that tells you what I think of them. My husband is Swedish and I am African American. We live in Stockholm :).

Scarlet
  • SurfinBird1981
    <
    Look at my profile pic and that tells you what I think of them. My husband is Swedish and I am African American. We live in Stockholm :).

Scarlet

What a beautiful family :smile:
  • Jeneba
    Jeneba Posts: 699 Member
    I AM an "inter racial relationship" my very own Self. If my ancestors hadn't made that leap, I wouldn't be here. Needless to say, I am very sad that we even need to be discussing this topic at this point. As much as I don't give it one second thought in my own life, the recurrence of acceptable racism in what has become "public discourse" in this country is extremely sobering.
  • You've probably heard the expression God is color blind so we should be too. God Loves all people the same. Now as far as interracial relationships, my first question would be what was the reasoning behind it, was is because they could not find anyone of their own race that they could fall in love with? I hate to think that someone married a person of different race because it was a cool thing to do and would cause a stir and draw attention. So my opinion to any relationship, regardless of the differences, is all about having true love for one another.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member

I don't think you'll feel out of place at all, Australia is much more racially integrated than most of the US.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    <

Scarlet

And you have made such adorable children! They just made me go "Squeeeeee!"
  • 3under2
    <

Scarlet

And you have made such adorable children! They just made me go "Squeeeeee!"

Awww thanks! Three girls that keep our hands FULL ... almost 2 year old twins and a 3 year old ... geesh!
  • 3under2
    <

Scarlet

What a beautiful family :smile:

Thanks sweetheart! We should be in a GAP commercial ... LOL!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    My boyfriend is black and ofcourse, I am white.. And to make us even more "different" I am from Canada and he is from the US. I feel like so many people are judgemental of us. And assume, I am a trashy white girl and he is a ghetto black guy. This is not the case. He is educated and may dress a certain way, but is far from what people perceive him to be. I'm so tired of people judging our relationship based on our difference in cultures. I see him as a person, I don't think of the color of his skin everyday. What do you all feel about interracial relationships? Have you ever been in one or are you in one? And by interracial, I obviously don't just mean black and white relationships.

I could not possibly care less what two consenting adults do regardless of the color of their skin.

One thing I will say, though, since you're still young and probably haven't learned this yet: People judge you based on how you present yourself. If your boyfriend is educated and intelligent, but maybe subscribes to the style of wearing his pants like they're falling down, people are not going to assume he's educated and intelligent.

It may suck, but that's how the world works. If you want to be taken seriously, present yourself that way.