Do you "pre-log"?

Options

Replies

• LottieLou13
    LottieLou13 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I log the next days food the evening before....sometimes even a couple of days before if I know that I;m doing something in particular that day
  • NomiS6
    NomiS6 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Try to log in advance when possible
  • Jeffsimpson
    Options
    Yep, I log the evening before, more than one day if I can. I eat 5-6 meals a day, and sometimes 5 of them are at work, so there is not a whole lot of flexibility I have if I'm too high or too low during the day. This way I know what to pack in the morning, and it makes the process much simpler.
  • Casaria
    Casaria Posts: 37
    Options
    i tend to post log. i don't do it until i get home at night. i don't have a smart phone and i try hard not to do personal stuff on my work computer.
  • adnol_2
    adnol_2 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    i prelog. It helps me to know where I stand and how I am doing on calories, fat, etc
  • ellenfairie
    Options
    I like to pre plan for the day. usually log in late evening to see how well i managed.
  • head_in_rainbows
    head_in_rainbows Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I plan my food the evening before and only change it later if I ate something differently.
  • livingthing
    livingthing Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I plan my meals however, I write down what and how much I eat first because good intentions get side tracked & you don't want to omit that peppermint patty mini you had when you went to Jane's office. Some days you feel more or less hungry so you do naturally adjust. So if I eat 2 instant oatmeal packs when I get to work instead of 1 I will not have a sandwich for lunch, I'll switch to soup.
  • katymcd81
    katymcd81 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I pre-log as much as I can. Sometimes I don't know what's for dinner until an hour before, but at least if I have pre-logged the rest of the day I know how much wiggle-room I have. It helps with my self-discipline at work, as there's always chocolate and cake lying around, and it's so hard not to eat them, but if I have pre-logged my day and then have that bit of cake or bar of chocolate as well, I can't have much for dinner, which I know doesn't work, so I don't do it.

Of course if I have pre-logged everything, including dinner, and find I have some cals left over, I don't deny myself the cake :D I actually went for a run this morning specifically to earn enough calories to eat the piece of cake in my fridge tonight :laugh:
  • apocalypsepwnie
    Options
    I "mock log". MFP is great for modelling that "eat rubbish and feel guilty afterwards" cycle, without actually having to sacrifice the calories before realising it was a mistake.

I have cravings about once a week for something really bad....completely blow-out. For example, I started to obsess on the bus about a McDonalds meal for lunch. I couldn't get it out of my head. So, I whipped out my app and plugged in the meal. How did I feel? Well, much like I would have felt 2 hours after having scoffed the meal:
    1. Hungry again
    2. Guilty
    3. Horrified at the idea that I now only had 150 calories left to make a fulfilling dinner

Was it worth it? No. Did I then jump off the bus and carry out my McDonalds fantasy for real? Of course not.

Success.

I love MFP for this! I see things and think 'Oh a teeny bite wont hurt' or 'Maybe I can plan it in on another day' and then see how much damage it'll do for that day. Some things are half my intake in one meal. I'm not at the stage where I'm not hungry all the time so I couldn't sacrifice that many cals without being starving later AND feeling like crap.
    A real eye opener and a HUGE deterrent for snacky no nos.

Specifically the new lamb burger in Aussie McDonalds. Looked so gooooood... 900 CALS!!! No burger is worth starving half the day!
  • SusanLovesToEat
    SusanLovesToEat Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I "Pre-log" dinner because I usually closedown my computer early so as not to spend family time stuck to the screen (and I would).

I have, however, found that it helps to keep me from overeating as my portions were already logged and so are any planned snacks.
  • BOLO4Hagtha
    BOLO4Hagtha Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Pre-log because then I have to stick with that I logged in.
  • confettibetti
    confettibetti Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Depends on the day, but I try to pre log!!!!!
  • cutchro
    cutchro Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I only prelog M-F Breakfast thru afternoon snack because that is the made on Sundays...if I eat anything additional I log as I go.
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    I have just pre logged my lunch....now waiting for it to cook :laugh:

I tend to log before I eat but if not I log afterwards
  • TreEe5
    TreEe5 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I usually log the first part of my day beforehand because I like to know what I have left for my afternoon snack and dinner....my breakfast and lunch are usually around the same calories every day.
  • mandybledsoe
    mandybledsoe Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I pre-log every day everything except dinner. That I figure out based on the amount of calories I have left.
  • sunshine2212677
    sunshine2212677 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    both, if i am at work, i take lunch in so know what i'm having, so i can plan my day, but add any bits and bobs in there that i have duering the day.
  • AnninStPaul
    AnninStPaul Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    I try to pre log..I at least pre-plan...

ditto. failure to plan -> planning to fail
  • blueroses_78
    Options
    I do, because it makes it easier for me to stick to it easier, and allows me to make adjustments as I prefer.