ladies!!!!

Options

Replies

• Arrabindi
    Arrabindi Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    At times I'm pretty good about using the epilator. Once you're used to it, it hardly hurts at all, and it lasts for a couple of weeks. If I have something special planned, I shave the remaining fine hairs, so the skin is super smooth.
  • Tebbspcad
    Tebbspcad Posts: 233
    Options
    I alternate between an epilator & wax - painful but worth the results as I don't have time to spend messing about with a razor every few days.
  • FireFae
    FireFae Posts: 40
    Options
    Eplilator then shave any strays.

Pretty much the same here ... I epilate my calves because if I don't, I get really coarse dark hairs (even though I'm dark blonde naturally) whose roots you can see through my extremely pale skin, so the epilator is the only thing that helps me with that (plus the hair grows in much thinner). Everything else I shave and I use whatever I can get my hands on (usually Gilette for me) :D I totally don't mind a two day stubble and my DH doesn't either, so it's all good :D
  • dmh0204
    dmh0204 Posts: 81
    Options
    I use the Schick Intuition. It's great. Quick, easy, and nice on your skin.
  • Off10h8ed
    Off10h8ed Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Shave every day for the most part. Have tried Nair and such... razor and shave cream works best for me.
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options
    I shave the day before my bf comes to visit or that I know I'm going out in shorts or something. I use a double blade razor from CVS (like the Venus one but cheaper) and shaving cream. I'm good until the 3rd day when it starts to look bad again. :)
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    I've found that using a man's razor is waaaaay better than a woman's razor. I think I have a mach 3? Super manly, lol. It works really well though. I shave every other day as a personal preferance but could go a 3rd day. I hate anything but nice and smooth.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    so odd question lol what does everyone use to shave their legs? im so sick of the same old soap and razor, its already prickly the next day! ughhhh does anyone use wax or a wipe on/wipe off lotion? whats worked for you?? thanks!!

Some people can shave one day and be hair-free for days after. I am not that lucky. I shave usually every other day with a razor and deal with a little stubble on the off day.

I've never tried anything like Nair. I always forget to buy it. I tried an at-home wax once and it was a disaster. I'm too poor to go to a salon. Plus, the growing-out period would drive me nuts.
  • samra2012
    samra2012 Posts: 715
    Options
    Do u shave anywhere else?

everywhere ...... lol :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    I shave every other day and use a razor and shaving cream. It only takes me about 5 minutes and I like having smooth legs, so it's worth it to me.
  • Onmynewadventure
    Options
    To the ladies on here that are using the excuse of obesity and being married for not shaving their own legs is just lazy. Poor hubby..can you imagine him have to lay in the bed and rub up against that hairy leg? :sick:

I am a heavy set girl but I shave every other day. It's called hygiene and taking pride in yourself. I work 2 jobs and I have an eight year old. It takes less than 5 mins!
  • rml_16
    Options
    To the ladies on here that are using the excuse of obesity and being married for not shaving their own legs is just lazy. Poor hubby..can you imagine him have to lay in the bed and rub up against that hairy leg? :sick:

My boyfriend couldn't care less if I ever shave. I don't shave for him. I like smooth legs. I've been in enough relationships to know a lot of men really just don't care.
  • MariaMariaM
    MariaMariaM Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options

I am a heavy set girl but I shave every other day. It's called hygiene and taking pride in yourself. I work 2 jobs and I have an eight year old. It takes less than 5 mins!

Agree
  • sunshine2212677
    sunshine2212677 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    i'm a waxer.
    the more i wax, the less it hurts and the less grows back.
    its just the gorrilla stage before a wax thats a bit icky, but mine stay smooth for a good 4/5 weeks now.
    i dont use a razor on anything now if i can help it
  • Onmynewadventure
    Options

My boyfriend couldn't care less if I ever shave. I don't shave for him. I like smooth legs. I've been in enough relationships to know a lot of men really just don't care.

But you do it for you... you don't use your boyfriend NOT caring as an excuse not to shave
  • Janet9906
    Janet9906 Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    I use schick intuition, shaving cream and then baby oil when I'm done....every 2 days, I can't stand stubbly, hairy legs.
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    i know alot of people that use baby oil, i've done it before and it does help my skin stay smooth but it basically ruins the razor. I dont use the cheap ones either. They cut me up wether theyre brand new or 3 weeks old. Also its a little odd but using mens razors is nice the ones that are expensive but they get realllly close.
  • LNZimmer
    LNZimmer Posts: 94
    Options
    I am married and obese. He's lucky I shave once every couple months lol

HAHAHAHAHAHA True story!

I tell my boyfriend (might as well be married, 6 years together) that I shaved the man hair off my legs.

He thinks I am ridiculous.
  • MrsLVF
    MrsLVF Posts: 787 Member
    Options

Agree
    Agree... stubble=not sexy.... Shave as often as your body requires.

I was also wondering if those who use that excuse will start shaving more often when they lose the lbs.
  • rml_16
    Options

Agree
    Agree... stubble=not sexy.... Shave as often as your body requires.

I was also wondering if those who use that excuse will start shaving more often when they lose the lbs.

Your body doesn't "require" shaving. It's a social norm we subscribe to, but it is not unhygienic to not shave.

If you all only need five minutes to shave and you want to do it every day, be my guest. Not everyone needs or wants to do that.

It takes me a lot longer than five minutes to properly shave my legs. If I only took five minutes, I'd have random patches of hair. So I shave when I have time to do it right.