Do you "pre-log"?

Options

Replies

• Babycakez38
    Babycakez38 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Since I usually plan my meals the night before I almost always pre-log, I wanna see how much I'm eating before I eat it in case I wanna change it lol.
  • EHuntRN
    EHuntRN Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    i prelog lunch as I'm packing it, because then I can scan the bar codes from the packages that I take things out of and have accurate portions and nutrients without all the work

How do you scan them? You have a scanner?

Yes...the MFP app on the smart phones now includes a scanner....I love, love this feature...I scan everything at the store now so I know the exact cals of what Im buying....and most everything I scan has been in the data base and sometimes differ in cals from whats already in the database...

Now to the topic at hand...I most definitely prelog...most days the day before because I am tracking my macro nutrients closer than my cals...meaning my fat/protein/carb cals have to come to within 5% of what i have set my goal to and that takes careful planning...I jus started this on 8/26 and I can already see the difference...at first I was staying in my cal range and eating back cals and that wasnt working, so I was introduced to this method by someone whom I saw lose weight doing this and after only a few days I can say I am looking forward to seeing what 30 days of this does...It also includes a mostly clean eating program...but so far, so good!!
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I do, depends on the day, when I am at work, I know what I will be eating so I mostly prelog during the week. weekends are all over the place lol
  • Prestissima
    Prestissima Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I pre-log for a couple days (up to 7) using automatic planner. It's just like a game now. :)
  • Fenomka
    Fenomka Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I do a bit of both.

Same here - it depends on the day - on the weekends, I end up logging after eating, because I never know what I want until the moment I'm making it, so I log it after cooking, but during the week, I like to plan it out so I don't accidentally overeat, or can add calories where I need them, once I see where I'll be by the end of the day.
  • NINtoTheVoid
    Options
    I tried to pre-log stuff, but it never works out because my plans are pretty sporadic.
  • JenniBaby85
    JenniBaby85 Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    I pre log some exercise. This way it keeps me motivated to do it!
  • MyBodyMyMachine
    Options
    Failing to plan is planning to fail. Therefore, I spend 10-15 minutes every night planning my next day and pre-logging. It also helps when I am tempted and want to cheat- I look at my plan, and how a cheat would throw everything off, and it usally deters me from cheating!

https://www.facebook.com/MyBodyMyMachine
    www.mybody-mymachine.com
  • FitCowgirl8
    FitCowgirl8 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I do not pre-log for multiple days but Each morning I log what I will be eating for that whole particular day. I pack my food for the workday every morning and come up with a plan on what i will make for supper this way I can log it and see where all of my macros are at. If I don't like what I see I can always change it before I eat the food. Also, if I see I have extra calories I can have a little bit of wiggle room during my day if I would like something extra. If I don't eat what I brought or something changes then I just change it in my log nothing is set in stone but it helps me to get an idea and stay on track each day.
  • karijoeide
    karijoeide Posts: 103
    Options
    I preplan and log in advance and re-adjust as I go throughout the day...
  • athensguy
    athensguy Posts: 550
    Options
    I pre-log lunch and have a set amount of calories I like to make it home with. That way, I know how much to snack during the day. If I know I'm going to eat out, I'll try to pre-plan my order and go ahead and put it in.
  • karrielynn80
    karrielynn80 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    i pre log new items in my diet. stuff i eat on a regular basis & know how they look in my ratios i log as i go.
  • purplepenguins7
    purplepenguins7 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Its helpful for me to look up a food before I decide if I'll eat it. I guess that's kind of pre-logging. Or, its really more like making healthier decisions using the log.
  • chrishayes31
    Options
    Yes, I pre-log so I can readjust after I see where I'm heading with my intake! I tried logging as I go but then I'd say, "Wow if hadn't eaten that, I wouldn't be over!" :ohwell:
  • ablissabby
    ablissabby Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I pre-log only when I know I'm going out to eat at night, I always research and plan everything that I'm going to have and that way I don't overeat during the day
  • Ekoria
    Ekoria Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I pre-log if it looks like I am going to go over for the day (like today!)
  • jodi41086
    jodi41086 Posts: 240
    Options
    I log ahead and end up having to change things around or I'll end up eating dinner for lunch :O)
  • 120weeks
    120weeks Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    For weekdays, I pre-log the night before. I'm flexible if something needs to change though. I usually just stick with my log since it makes things pretty easy and I like the food I've planned for.

I pre-log proteins on the weekend to make sure I get this in to fit my targets (and to make sure I have the rights proteins in the house to eat). If I do that, the other macros seem to fall into place.
  • Zomoniac
    Zomoniac Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    I tend to pre-log all but dinner first thing, then adjust if necessary.
  • spikefoot
    spikefoot Posts: 419
    Options
    No that is just too regimented for me and would make me miserable.

The only thing I may do is put in a meal to see if it fits if I am going to have something huge later.