Options

Replies

• sc1234
    sc1234 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
  • LadyIvysMom
    LadyIvysMom Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    It's a very general statement that doesn't have an ounce of humanity in it. It reminds me too much of the days I was on the treadmill or stairstepper and wanted so badly to step off the thing, but I'd berate myself. "Are you thin yet? No? Keep going."

Mean. :<

Agree with this. Where is the humanity? It's a nasty, trite little statement that is designed to make you feel like **** about yourself for not having perfect will power.

Depends how you look at it. For some people, me included, it motivates me to HAVE will power.
  • still_crafty
    still_crafty Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    beer & chicken wings > thin

Thin is overrated anyway. I'm working on sexy.
  • Foxypoo61287
    Foxypoo61287 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    You can still eat tasty foods! And get FIT. Does your own stomach bile taste good when you puke it up!? I would not give up my favorite foods to become thin. I would eat them in moderation. I would sub fries for a potato with sour cream and butter ( And bacon) If you are educated on how to eat properly, then you will get "thin".
  • Foxypoo61287
    Foxypoo61287 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    beer & chicken wings > thin

Thin is overrated anyway. I'm working on sexy.

^^^ this! Can i have you now? :smokin:
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    i REALIZE most ppl on here LOVE that fatty meat called Bacon, but I do not conform. I think bacon is greasy, unhealthy, and non nutritional waste of my precious calories.

The point here IMO is that the taste of food is superficial and does not last very long. After u eat it now u have to deal with those extra calories for as long as it takes for you to burn them off.

But being skinny and in shape FEELS great it breeds confidence and allows you to do so much more while feeling great. The benefits of being skinny = in shape are endless!

Being physically and emotionaly fit feels better than a duhnut does in ur mouth for 15 seconds......

Meh - I don't think it has to be one or the other. I love being active. I enoy going for long hikes in the mountains. I'm always walking places or riding my bike or just staying busy. It takes a fairly high number of calories (usually 2200-2600) a day to fuel my body properly so that I can maintain my weight (5'9" - 137 lbs).

I can eat bacon and donuts and still be thin, fit, healthy and confident.
  • sc1234
    sc1234 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I was sitting on the bus staring at this obese lady and was thinking, should I feel bad for her because she is obese or be jealous of her because she probably had bacon for breakfast.

like!
  • Sassy922
    Sassy922 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    They've never had a fried chicken breast with gravy and real mashed potatoes.

Sweet Jesus, that is like my southern fried dream meal. When my mama makes it all from scratch...good Lord that *kitten* is delicious.

I agree 110%
  • leslielrd12
    leslielrd12 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I'm going to say that is almost true. I have 2 exceptions: the Melting Pot Chocolate S'mores Fondue and the Cheesecake Factory 7-layer chocolate cake. Luckily I don't go there all that often, but if they were in front of me all bets are off lol
  • lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    Weird. I can have pizza, BACON, wine, and get thin and healthy. It's all in portion control. If I say no to all of the yummy foods, then I won't be on this "diet" long. Lifestyle changes people!

The only way you can't have both is if you need to get down to 12% body fat (ladies) and you aren't allowed to build up any muscles and therefore can't work out much since you are a model and can't look like a real human.
  • Sassy922
    Sassy922 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Also, I'd like to add that I could write a novel on what tastes better than thin feels.
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    I believe that quote is attributed to David Spade.

It's from the model Kate Moss

Ha and kate moss is disgusting looking, imo.

I'd rather be healthy and fit, and still have the occasional cake & bacon. ;)
  • MrsSWW
    MrsSWW Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    I don't think it was Kate Moss who first said it, I think she said it once in an interview quoting it as part of a longer sentence and it was attibuted to her.

In any case, if you ever hear me say it without a heavy dollop of sarcasm please shoot me :noway:

Here we go:

When asked in an interview if she had any mottos, she replied: “There are loads of mottos. There’s ‘Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels’. That’s one of them.”

She added: “You try and remember, but it never works.”

So there ya go, she tries to remember but it doesn't work!
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    I dont have any desire to look like Kate Moss. She is beautiful but I was born with my own body and Im choosing a slightly different direction.
  • JanineHarrison
    JanineHarrison Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I realize Kate Moss took a lot of heat for that comment, and coming from her I can see why - "Heroin chic" model that is a known drug user. But, like a few others, I have used this saying to refocus my mind in the face of a bringe craving, not as motizaton to be anorexic. I totally agree with what one poster said about thinking of it as the pleasure from food being short lived, but the feeling of being proud of your body lasts much long (whether your aiming for thin, muscular, curvy, whatever).
  • Wenchilada
    Wenchilada Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    My old WW leader repeated this like it was a holy verse. It did nothing for me besides make me feel like a terrible person. I lost and am now losing weight independent of that phrase. In theory, I can see what the phrase is getting at - but in practice, it's potentially a fantastic motivation to starve/take unhealthy shortcuts/punish yourself (or all of the above). I don't like living my life in constant apology for still being fat or feeling like I have to produce three months' worth of completely accurate and methodically perfect daily food & exercise logs in order to be "acceptable" while still visibly fat. I can deny myself something that tastes good, and I'll still be fat, at least in the present tense.
  • Snupydecat
    Options
    Why can't it be both? I can be thin and still occasionally eat something that tastes even better. I just can't have 2 servings or have it every day! I refuse to completely give up bacon.
  • _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    EVERYTHING tastes better than thin feels...FFS!
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    EVERYTHING tastes better than thin feels...FFS!
    Not everything. Broccoli tastes like doggy doo doo.
  • S1NN3R
    S1NN3R Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    I don't know.. bacon tastes pretty damn good.