Shedding Light in the Dark Corners

Options

Replies

• gomisskellygo
    gomisskellygo Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you! I adore the way you write:-) You are so positive and so funny. Can I please add you as a friend on here?

Me too!
  • Ke22yB
    Ke22yB Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    Congrats
    I know how important those milestones are as each half and then century mark slips behind you I cant tell you how great it is to read about your progress and your attitude and positiveoutlook. I wish you continued sucess and good fortune as your journey continues. I did umpire many years ago as my son played baseball and at times couldnt bend to sweep off home plate but loved it even so and I look forward next season to reading about the first game you ump
    good luck losing
  • oohmercyme
    oohmercyme Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing that- it brought a tear to my eye. I'm cheering for you!
  • Truemoose
    Truemoose Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Great to hear from a guy being sick and tired of being the fat guy. I started my journey in July at 350 pounds. My wife is sharing this journey on MFP with me, that makes it much easier. I have lost 18 pounds in almost 5 weeks. I suggest also measuring your neck size, chest, and waist. They have shown victories when the scale slows down.

Again great job, and remember to not call strikes on a inside fastball!

Tom
  • PayneAS
    PayneAS Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I hope no one says tl;dr because that was an amazing story. You are an inspiration and I hope that when you pass on that scale (free of charge! even more amazing!), it will help change someone's life as much as it has yours. Too often people only post about how much they hate their scale but I'm glad yours has done you well.
  • thescrumisfun
    Options
    Great post, keep on going! :flowerforyou:
  • ravengirl1611
    ravengirl1611 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    thank you for your story, your inspiration, your well written words and your reminder that yet again I can do this.
  • AubreySue81
    AubreySue81 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Scott - you've got the greatest, most inspiring posts that I've ever read on here. I'm glad to include you in my list of friends. Thanks for sharing this with us, inspiring us and motivating us. Keep on keepin' on my friend! We GOT this! :bigsmile:
  • sdakers
    sdakers Posts: 1
    Options
    I am in total agreement. It is the shame that makes us want to hide. And even though we think we're hiding behind the fat, it's out there all the time for everyone to see! That's actually kind of funny.

Thank you for your post. I acknowledge you for your effort, progress, insights -- and willingness to take the time to share. It's easy to think we're alone, buried under all this weight, but we're not. Not really.
  • ChunkiChica
    Options
    This post is outstanding, inspiring, and hilarious - I'm going to friend you now!
  • mgmlap
    mgmlap Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    bit by bit..little by little..goals are met..congrats!
  • chrissy10taylor
    Options
    WOW! That is so fantastic! It was a wonderful post ... you are an inspiration to many!:happy:
  • Savyna
    Savyna Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    That's great! congratulations on your hard work :)
  • blb1230
    blb1230 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Excellent! and by the way your very funny. You should write a book on your expirence. I bet it will be a best seller.
    Love your sence of humor.

Totally agree with what everyone is saying but I really hope you take the above message to heart!! Just think, all your MFP pals will buy a copy :flowerforyou:
  • megalin9
    megalin9 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    Excellent! and by the way your very funny. You should write a book on your expirence. I bet it will be a best seller.
    Love your sence of humor.

I second the book motion! Scott, keep track of all of your posts as you do this. You will have an incredible story!
  • KodAkuraMacKyen
    KodAkuraMacKyen Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    Wow... just... wow. The moisture in my eyes is not because of this post. It's because i just cut up an onion. Yep. I just diced on onion at 9 o'clock in the morning. So inspiring Scott. You've got this!
  • Deluxe97
    Deluxe97 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hi Scott,

Thanks for being brave enough to share your story. I'm inspired by you, as I imagine many others are as well. Please know that, although we've never met, there is someone else in Houston rooting for you and believing in you. Your son and your family deserve to have you around for a really long time. Even as your waistline shrinks I hope your heart stays huge (not in the literal sense).

Stay strong and funny. <hugs>
  • scandiebirdie
    scandiebirdie Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Scott, you totally rock!!
    Here's to getting rid of Old Reliable in due course.

Thanks for an entertaining, enlightening and fantastic post. (Don't forget the calories burned by typing all of it ;))
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    My heart literally melted when I read this. You are SUCH an inspiration. :love: :flowerforyou:
  • mazaron
    mazaron Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing Scott, you're a super writer and a pretty inspiring person too.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!