In need of quick filling breakfast ideas

Options
1235»

Replies

• xXKatrinaXx
    Options
    This morning I had a protein shake with peanut butter on a rice cake.

Sometimes I'll have a protein shake and a bowl of fruit.
  • sparkdoc
    sparkdoc Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    bump:smile:
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    Steel cut oats mixed with PB2 (powdered peanut butter) and sweetened with maple syrup ..... you could mix in protein powder if you like
    215 Calories ... 9.4 gms protein, 5.8 gms fiber, 3.8 gms fat

I add boiling water (cover) and soak instant steel cut oats overnight .... this cuts the 5 minute cooking time in half.

I cook regular steel cut oats overnight in a small crock pot on low - usually with fruit and nuts. Very delicious, nice and ready in the morning, and leftovers are easily microwaved.
  • ittybittypixie
    Options
    I love Lara bars!
    http://larabarstore.com

I eat one in the morning and don't feel hungry again until lunch!
  • mgs_philly
    Options
    Bump...Love the ideas!!
  • salzej01
    salzej01 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Bump.
  • YamadaSan
    YamadaSan Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I only get 1200 a day... are there 200-300 cal breakfasts out there? :/
  • bratleen
    bratleen Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I go very old school--like 3rd grade lunch and have a PB&J sandwich

I use either Smuckers or Greenway all natural peanutbutter (2tbs--200 calories)
    Polaner all fruit with fiber--usually strawberry but sometimes raspberry (35 calories)
    Arnold sandwich thins--any kind (100 calories)
    3 cups of coffee with 1% milk (65 carlories)

Since I love peanut butter and need to fit it in to my plan this works well for me. I keep all necessary ingredients in my office fridge as well as at home.
  • YamadaSan
    YamadaSan Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Two hard boiled eggs, an apple and a banana which is about 310 calories and very filling for me.

An unprocessed protein with slow digesting carbohydrates will fill you up the best. No sugary cereals, no yogurts with sugar in the ingredients, no white toast or jelly, no instant oatmeal, etc. Those type of foods will make you hungry in an hour, produce, protein, and very whole unprocessed grains should keep you full.

A whole apple and a banana? Ohh I can do this. *can't bake*
  • srudis25
    srudis25 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    bump
  • jsbklein
    jsbklein Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Quick Breakfast I love to make and is easy for an on the go sandwich in the morning

- Healthy Life 90 Calorie English Muffin (toasted)
    - Laughing Cow cheese wedge (35 calories) - spread on both sides of the muffin
    *Have also substitued with light cheese slice*

In a small glass cup, spray the inside with cooking spray first, combine 1/4 c. egg whites, 3 spinach leaves chopped, 1 tsp. diced frozen onion, 1 tsp. diced frozen green pepper, and I toss in a few sliced jalapeno's

Microwave mixture in glass cup for approximately 1.5 minutes to 2 minutes depending on your microwave

Egg cooks up in microwave as a omelet patty, tip the glass cup over one side of the muffin, top off with other side and you have your very own healthy egg muffin sandwich.

Total calories = 155 Prep Time: 3 min Cook Time: 3 min

I usually pair this with Fruit, but you could make 2 and eat it and stil stay under 400 calories!
  • windycitycupcake
    windycitycupcake Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    oatmeal fills up your stomach for hours.

heres a good one

1/2 cup oatmeal (not instant, use old fashioned whole quaker oats)
    a banana mushed in
    a couple tbsp ff vanilla yogurt mixed in
    a TBsp almonds mixed in
    then make
    4 egg white omlette with 1 Tbsp goat cheese, red onion, and lots of spinach.
    coffee
    emergen-C

you will stay full all day, i guarantee it
  • AnR28
    AnR28 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    BUMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    This weekend my husband and I came up with a make-ahead recipe for breakfast quiche "muffins". Despite the name, they're not actual muffins. We just made them in muffin tins. We discovered they tasted WONDERFUL and this morning found out they heat up fantastically. Just microwave for 45-50 seconds and you're good to go!

Here's the recipe for 12 muffins:

4 whole eggs
    8 egg whites
    1 cup Jimmy Dean's Turkey sausage crumbles
    1/2 cup shredded cheese (we used marble jack)
    1 cup chopped broccoli
    1/2 cup chopped green pepper
    1/2 cup chopped onion
    1/4 cup skim milk
    1/2 tbsp veggie oil
    1/2 tsp baking powder salt and pepper (to taste)

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Pam muffin tin. Sautee veggies and brown sausage (use a little olive oil if necessary). Combine eggs, egg whites, milk, oil, cheese, and baking powder in a bowl. Evenly divide veggie/sausage mixture in muffin tin. Then evenly divide egg mixture over the veggie/sausage mixture. Bake for 15-20 minutes.

Per serving (1 muffin): 74 calories, 2 carbs, 4 grams fat, 8 grams protein, 182 grams of sodium

You can substitute any veggies if you like or add more cheese. Just remember to adjust the nutritional content.

Enjoy!

THIS I copied from another post, love it. So easy to make & then it takes just a few seconds to microwave in the morning.
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    I made a bunch of these Banana Bread Protein Muffins over the weekend for me and my husband to eat. They don't take much time to make or bake, but they do require protein powder (which can be pricey - we bought a big bag at Costco, which will make ~450 muffins at about 11 cents of protein powder each). But they are 58 calories and 7 grams of protein if you use the same brand of protein powder in the recipe. Otherwise all the ingredients are pretty basic, and if the oats you use are gluten free, then the muffins are gluten free :smile:

I find they are really filling, and so I can only eat one. Then if I want a second one an hour or two later, I can do that, and I still have only consumed 116 calories.

http://dashingdish.com/recipe/banana-bread-protein-muffins/

Enjoy!
  • Meamo
    Meamo Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I will be preparing a few of the previous recipes.
    my new fav for breakfast or snack is -

high fiber slice of bread with 1 tbsp jiffy peanut butter. and a fruit.:heart:

I used to (and stil do but not so often) enjoy heavy breakfast...but this is so fullfilling to me.try it!
  • rawcash2012
    Options
    bump